Cooperation, or open multiplayer PvP? (Opnions how multiplayer will be?)

Will the multiplayer work like in dark souls?

Y'know like when you are human (Built the teleporter) people can help you fight the evils that lurk in the world, but also invade you for your precious humanity and souls? (Resources).

I think this would add a layer of thinking before triying to make a teleporter.

...then again people would spawn the teleporter through console, and all other crazy stuff, so maybe you would first need to press a button before making a character, disabling the console permanently for that game?

It's just my opinion, that I think would make the teleporter a helpful but also harmful option, post your own opinions about how multiplayer will be.

Edit: Darn that grammatical error.

You would have to implement something to avoid the entrance of griefers into public games...because we all know they are out there in every multi-player game.

...then again people would spawn the teleporter through console, and all other crazy stuff, so maybe you would first need to press a button before making a character, disabling the console permanently for that game?

I would imagine it would work by "invites" where you can get a group of people going. Being able to attack each other would be interesting, that could give players something else to do if PvE is to easy for them.

Now that I think of it, what wouldnt prevent someone to come to your world with a character with 1000 health or a wilson with modified stats to murder you? Or on his world, he used a mod to make a thulecite armor and weapon with just a stone....

Now that I think of it, what wouldnt prevent someone to come to your world with a character with 1000 health or a wilson with modified stats to murder you? Or on his world, he used a mod to make a thulecite armor and weapon with just a stone....

That's why you play on private servers, to avoid kids like those.

The ability to play on private servers shouldn't negate the need to deal with griefers on public servers, not everyone will or could have the private server option.

Maybe there could be an anti cheating system, that if it detects you using a trainer or modified data boots you out to your world again.

The ability to play on private servers shouldn't negate the need to deal with griefers on public servers, not everyone will or could have the private server option.

Maybe there could be an anti cheating system, that if it detects you using a trainer or modified data boots you out to your world again.

Well yes it goes without a question. Anti-cheating systems will be applied. They should be.

The thing is that nowadays even anti cheats are fooled by some, and they can manage to get through the protection, given the time.

I think people shouldn't be able to join your game without you setting your game to "public" or something like that. And (obviously) you should be able to invite people.

It'd also be cool if there was like, a "multiplayer settings" screen, where you can specify if your game is public, if PvP is activated in your game or it's Co-op based, and things like that.

Can't wait for Don't Starve Together. Keep it up, Klei. 

It's still too early to know, and there's not a lot of gameplay details at the moment. What I can tell you guys is you will be able to play with friends and even with complete strangers in either public or private games if you'd like. 

If you do have suggestions or ideas about what multiplayer could be, by all means share it with us!

My guess on how this will work. Is that we will play with each other like in Minecraft. They'll have to add a few more things to balance the game and add a way to trade items with each other.

My guess on how this will work. Is that we will play with each other like in Minecraft. They'll have to add a few more things to balance the game and add a way to trade items with each other.

Trade items? In Mnecraft you just put them in a chest or drop them at your feet, both can be done in ds now.

As long as you play with strangers and not against strangers, I guess Public could be passable.

This is personal opinion though, based on personal experiences. I just dislike PvP.
If PvP is what most people want though, then whatever, what can I say?

Thing I don't like about minecraft was the survival paled in comparison to the fun people where having in MP.

As long as you play with strangers and not against strangers, I guess Public could be passable.

This is personal opinion though, based on personal experiences. I just dislike PvP.

If PvP is what most people want though, then whatever, what can I say?

Have you ever seen the internet as a whole have the ability to "play nice" together?  There's always at least one in every group lol

Archived