Your luckiest moments in Don't Starve

2 things first the unlucky one.....

playing as webber day 81 (farest so far but im close to beating it) hound attack in summer.. no prob as spider queen was near by (little nooby back den) when she doesnt do anything and im like oh $*!@ and my base burned down with me in it *fire hound everyone* 

Lucky

i had a touch stone and meat effigy as wilson deerclopes comes and kicks my @55. i respawn at meat effegy only to get 1 shot. respawn @ touch stone aaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnndddddddddd its spring O.o. yay

-Malk

I was playing adventure mode, the king of winter level, and on the brink of moving on to the next world. My only problem was the army of ice hounds on my tail. I had no way to get rid of them, so I kept running, hoping something useful would come up. I happened to be running close to the ocean, and right when I thought I was going to have to stop running or die from the cold, a gigantic group of pengulls exploded from the ocean and attacked the hounds. I couldn't have timed it better myself.

Thanks to them, I was able to go on to the next world. 

My first experience with the summer mechanics didn't go very well. I found myself dashing along the treelines as the heatstroke keeps me dangerously close to 1 HP, eating flower petals in a desperate bid to buy precious seconds so I can make it back to the cold flames at home.

I can't count the number of times I've had to scamper back to safety after getting a little too bold around the new things that were added in the RoG expansion.

I was a webber on day 80-90 and I had 7 hp running while freezing and being chased by a spider warrior. Then out of no where when he leaps at me a lightning strike occurred and killed him while he was jumping. I then salved through the freezing (had 80 glands, :D) and went home to live for about twenty more days till summer killed me.

Finding the beefalo herd, good source of berries/carrots, 1mandrake, good source of rocks, spiders, and setting up camp all within 2 days. everything is set to default and no mods :3 !!! all the other games I set up im so unlucky... i would find rocks usually on day 8 if i was lucky lol 

Would these count as luck?

• Maxwell and a Hound via exploring. (look at the shadows!)
    Maxwell_Wolf2.jpg

• Moustache Road!
    Moustache_Road2.png

There was also one time I remained at 3 HP after a Deerclops encounter and stayed consistently from 5-20 hunger for the next 7 days - but that's not very exciting. (Jerk broke all my buildings!)

On my most recent world, i spawned just one screen away from chester. But to balance it, i just found out that the insulated pack is flammable (which left me with no food on the ruins as they turned all to ashes, had to eat monster meat and lose a lot of health/sanity on the way to surface).

It happened to me once, it's scary when the night hand goes in the wrong direction !

I got unlucky too, a few minutes ago : I'm in the caves, end of autumn, Wickerbottom starts to freeze. I build a fire, put my newly crafted Insulated pack on the ground (crafted like 5 minutes ago) to equip a dapper vest. I set the fire to its maximum with logs... Guess what ? The insulated pack is flammable. Bye bearger gift.

I hate doing that but...

Rage quit. Be careful with your insulated pack :grin:

Just came to me:

Keep away from open flames and children or any Adults starting with the letter "W" :) 

Well,my personal experience is this,for short:never heard of werewolves or dogs existing in the game (was my 5th try i think).My ridiculous luck,or...I guess you can call it that.It was like this:a fierce winter was about to come.I had packed a hat,but had no vest.I was playing with Wolfgang,trying to make a profit of the last days of autum and going fishing.I set up a camp,fished all the night,and,when I was about to equip my torch and leave,LE WILD DOG PACK AND A WEREWOLF SHOW THEMSELVES.Lucky for me,a bugged frog spawned,stole all my fish with an attack and fought the pack while I ran.Then,the next day,I starved.Yup.I am lucky.

One day two, I found a summer trap (The one with the icebox and chest) in the Birchnut biome, with the chest already destroyed that contained a block of ice, a umbrella, a fire staff, and 40 nitre.

And opening up the icebox didnt activate summer. GG free crap

Archived