Steel Factory

Question, is any part of that huge space base from a set piece at all?

I have this MASSIVE set piece on my latest map that is like 30 tiles high by 100 tiles wide that is like a mini-space station ready made with walls, doors, couches, glass windows, elevators, etc. It almost takes up a good quarter of the surface.

The reason I ask is because yours looks similar, but I dont see the accessories (couches, elevators, etc) and as far as I can tell they can't be deconstructed, so I don't know how you'd rid yourself of them. My audio doesn't work for some reason and I can't get the subtitles off Russian, or I'd scour the vid for the answer myself.

Nice Pacu setup btw. I'm swimming in lime thanks to those lil'ones

Very nice video. Also a great leap in terms of watchability in comparison to the last bit i watched from you (it was a while ago), you are getting better at this.

Would you mind telling us how you can supply all that algae?

This is a cool build! I'm very unfamiliar with conveyor systems but stuff like this inspires me to try my hand at it soon. :)

@blash365 He's only feeding each fish tank 1 kg of algae per cycle so you can last a long time with what's on the map. The fish are unhappy and almost constantly on the verge of starving but they still lay one egg anyway before they die so the farm remains stable.

15 hours ago, blash365 said:

Very nice video. Also a great leap in terms of watchability in comparison to the last bit i watched from you (it was a while ago), you are getting better at this.

Would you mind telling us how you can supply all that algae?

The only way fo produce unlimited algae is morbs->PO2->pufts->slime->algae+PH2O

3 hours ago, CDoroFF said:

You could mitigate the amount of morbs needed using a polluted oxygen vent or off gassing the PH20 back into the system.

Also thank you I completely forgot about this, I needed to come up with some puft farm, i totally forgot

7 hours ago, CDoroFF said:

I was more interested in the setup and the amount tbh. ;)

7 hours ago, Sevio said:

@blash365 He's only feeding each fish tank 1 kg of algae per cycle so you can last a long time with what's on the map. The fish are unhappy and almost constantly on the verge of starving but they still lay one egg anyway before they die so the farm remains stable.

Thanks for that answer. Do i see it correctly that once you tame a pacu, all its eggs (and resulting pacus) will remain tame and be constantly in a stale state? Shouldnt they stop (or at least significantly slow down) laying eggs in the stale state?

Also, dont pacus consume 140kg per cycle?

@blash365 Eggs laid by a tamed critter will also hatch into tamed critters. I think their reproduction rate does slow down when they become glum (their metabolism does too which may help to prevent them from starving), but perhaps the changes that ensured wild critters would always lay one egg even if overcrowded also apply to tame critters.

On 28.06.2018 at 8:52 PM, BadlyBurned said:

The reason I ask is because yours looks similar, but I dont see the accessories (couches, elevators, etc) and as far as I can tell they can't be deconstructed, so I don't know how you'd rid yourself of them.

Hello,

Sorry for late answer, if you pause the video on 0:11 you'll see I have this DNA statue station with couches elevators etc, it's just was on my way to the surface, and I also don't know how to deconstruct couches, elevators and windows on this station, the only thing you can deconstruct there is the background tiles with is maded from obsidian.

Archived