#69 and #66 looted no Favor. Anyone else ran into that?

Lumica

Not sure if it is bug.

I cooked #69 cheese cake, without plate, Gnaw should loot one Favor, but i got one red mark and some other coins.

This happend twice, cause I wanted to achieve no plate (#69 is important, for no plate can still loot Favor), and the battle became longer and more dangerous cause #69 no more looted Favor.

#66 with plate looted no Favor, counted as two dishes and i remember 1 sapphire and 2 old coins for each dish.

No screenshot, i was too shocked to press that key.

I was chef and playing with some greenhands then, thus they didn't believe me with my cooking decision any more.

If anyone can let this happen again, remember to screenshot. Maybe other dessert have this problem. I haven't try yet.

Was the caramel cube stale? Milk spoils very quickly, so it wouldn't surprise me if it went bad by the time The Gnaw ate it which wouldn't yield a favor possibly.

Also, cheesecake doesn't give a favor on cheese cravings if that's what you gave it on. Otherwise, most likely you had bad luck with stale food.

1 hour ago, Lumica said:

I was chef and playing with some greenhands then, thus they didn't believe me with my cooking decision any more.

That, my friend, is a very bad team. If they loose hope in you just because you messed up. Happens to everyone that's remotely good, if they just throw you in the trash for making a mistake, don't bother with that team. Anyhow, like someone said above, if it's in the yellow or red zone from spoilage, it doesn't give the Favor anymore. I had to find out the hard way aswell. It did cost me my silver achievement, however, my team didn't loose hope in me after, and I believe next round we managed to do it.. or that was with another team, I dunno.

2 hours ago, Lumica said:

Not sure if it is bug.

I cooked #69 cheese cake, without plate, Gnaw should loot one Favor, but i got one red mark and some other coins.

This happend twice, cause I wanted to achieve no plate (#69 is important, for no plate can still loot Favor), and the battle became longer and more dangerous cause #69 no more looted Favor.

#66 with plate looted no Favor, counted as two dishes and i remember 1 sapphire and 2 old coins for each dish.

No screenshot, i was too shocked to press that key.

If anyone can let this happen again, remember to screenshot. Maybe other dessert have this problem. I haven't try yet.

Cheese Cake on a Cheese Round will not give you a Favor, just as much as Scones won't give you a Favor on the Bread round

I'm sure the developers didn't want it to be too easy for us.

The only way to get favors without silver plates/bowls is to give the last 4 desserts in the recipe book on dessert rounds only. It's basically a matter of surviving until enough dessert rounds arrive for the no silver lining achievement.

Every meal that has multiple categories to be given as may not give the best reward for all of them. The meal reward system is very complex as a result.

41 minutes ago, Lumica said:

why? sounds very odd

The Thing is, some meals count more as X thus, Cheesecake counts for 100% of the price during the dessert round and any other aspects (for this example cheese) will decrease the price value

Same thing with Mushroom Cream, During Soup Round its 100%, yet during any other its less

51 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

The Thing is, some meals count more as X thus, Cheesecake counts for 100% of the price during the dessert round and any other aspects (for this example cheese) will decrease the price value

Same thing with Mushroom Cream, During Soup Round its 100%, yet during any other its less

did u mean the concept of first property and second property?

when was this concept introduced to Gorge? when i achieved no silver few days ago i didnt noticed this totally. so did my teammates and many players, even today when i showed some players cheesecake won't loot Favor on cheese round they got astonished like i did.

59 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Theres a penalty when using a dish that shares the same type with the food before it. The meals count more as X is incorrect.

Silver plates heavily reduce the penalty.

• Developer

Hey guys, without giving away too much, I just wanted to point out that Wilson and Wickerbottom's food inspection perk was changed after beta to trigger automatically when they cook food, and they will give you hints on how well your dish matches the current craving.

Factors that influence offerings:

1. Freshness of dish (salt can increase this indefinitely)

2. Silverware

3. Craving being satisfied

Dishes with multiple craving satisfaction usually have one craving that they best satisfy.

Common examples: (Assuming all dishes are fresh)

Cheesecake - gives favor on Dessert craving, with or without silverware; no favor on Cheese craving

Scone - gives favor on Dessert craving, with or without silverware, and on Bread craving, with silverware; no favor on Bread craving without silverware

Caramel Cube - gives favor on Dessert craving, with or without silverware

Grilled Cheese - gives favor on Snack craving, with silverware; no favor in all other conditions

Mac'Ncheese - gives favor on Cheese and Pasta craving, with silverware

Bagel'Nfish - gives favor on Snack and Bread(?) craving, with silverware; no favor on Fish craving

Cream of Mushroom - gives favor on Soup craving with silverware; no favor in all other conditions

This selective offering based on craving isn't new. It was there even in beta? (I only noticed it towards the end of beta though)

Archived