The Game Lore

Hello everyone, i just want to share my theory of how the dupes got into that asteroid

so first let start with the printer pod. what really is the printer pod, well to me the printer pod is a teleportation device

but not just any teleportation device its a one-way teleportation device, the one on earth is the transmitter and the one on the asteroid is the receiver. The reason why is simply because they can't use it to go back and was force to live and survive inside an asteroid. Now lets look at how it works, The printer pod works by activating both pods which is shown in the early version here

VgolnPg.jpg

thats right, in order for the pod to work is to activate it on both ends, so the next question is, who activated the pod when the first 3 dupes arrived. They are also possibly the ones who created the ruins, and id like to call them "the first ones"

Trying to figure out who they are can be really hard, but lets try to think outside the box. Do you know of other individual who uses teleportation devices?
hmmm i think i know one, Wilson, thats right, welson and the gang are the first ones, it could be possible that after Don't Starve Together some of his friends  including maxwell were teleported to an asteroid by none other than "Charlie", She knew that she could be overthrown if Wilson and Maxwell work together and thus separating them by teleporting some of them to a distant place (like an asteroid). And then it begun, Maxwell and Wilson created a portal on each end hoping that the two Portal will linked together and bring them home but it failed wilson slipped through the portal and wasn't able to return, The portal on earth was destroyed. After a few years the "dupes" found the portal and recreated it
You may ask, where are the first ones know, well i guess some of them are dead and you have been using them all this time

sRvXG03.jpg

+10 strength refers to Wolfgang

-20% stress refers to Wes the Mime

well i guess thats it (if i haven't forgotten anything), for now. Connecting other klei game title makes it a little interesting and fun. Well until Klei decided to add some lore to the game and also this is just a Theory :D haha

okay but
this sounds all fine and dandy but ONI is clearly way way into the future and theres a very slim chance that the DS crew could even manage it.

Dont Starve takes place in quite an old time, and compared to how ONI feels in terms of atmosphere the two games could be seperated by thousands of years. 

The fact that some added buffs are a few characters and are MEANT to actually be references to them is very hard to actually imagine in place and even a sole chance they'd end up with a portal leading to the asteroid is still very hard to believe could happen.

Idk im throwing my two cents in here but I stick by the belief that none of the Klei games are connected in any way shape or form.

actually thats the idea, i took so long to find the portal that they (the dupes) evolved, look at their difference, dont starve got big heads unlike the dupes, their heads almost got the right proportion, just need to find the right timeline

Personally lets look at what we find in the asteroid.

We find several references to some kind of intergalactian company. Dupes themselves are also somewhat suicidal at times. We also find a printing pod and some destroyed equipment with seemingly no further information.

My personal theory is that the printing pod, along with several bits of rubble we find thru-out the
asteroid, use to be a space-ship that collided with a asteroid several centuries before a game of oxygen not included takes place. As time went on several live forms that survived the crash evolved and now can be find in the Hot marsh subworld. The decontamination departments of the ship leaked along with the hidrogen coolant system to form the "Jungle" subworld and lastly the ship's fuel departments, being probably the most heavily armored portion of the ship, sank to the very bottom. 

Mercilessly the printing pod, that probably use to be part of the ships med-bay, survived the crash and after several centuries has mysteriously decided to short-circuit. In this short it prints the three starting dupes. Even though the printing circuitry did survive the dupe database is corrupted and thus no checks are being ran to insure the same dupe isn't printed twice.

Further more it seems that the dupes will recall their own name, but the circuitry that checks if its copying the right brain structure for a specific dupe is malfunctioning and thus you can get situations where two dupes are clones of each other, but don't share any interests. 

edit1:

Although the two games can take place in the same universe, the whole of Don't starve takes place in a sub-universe/pocket dimension around the 1900s, Around 1906 to be precise if you dig deep enought into Don't starve lore.

( reference: 1906 San Francisco earthquake)  

i found some concrete evidence that there really is a guy name "Wil" in the game before the "dupe's era", and it so happen that this "Wil" happened to like "meatballs" which is a quick reference to "Dont Starve's Meatballs" whereas Wilson will often say "I cooked it myself"

and other individual along with Wil seems to hate the meatballs

Archived