Hydrogen bombs / rockets are now in the game. Perhaps to maneuver the asteroid, to a new galaxy with flat planets, or to blow the old one up!

Joking aside. i've always wondered why mixtures of oxygen and hydrogen or natural gas never exploded in the game.

Lesser known except to a chemist: Hydrogen and chlorine should also explode. 

Not a huge issue, i've always thought it was an interesting difference from real life. 

7 minutes ago, NurdRage said:

Joking aside. i've always wondered why mixtures of oxygen and hydrogen or natural gas never exploded in the game.

It's just unimplemented. Writing a meaningful explosion isn't easy.

They even have a "flammable" tag, just that it does nothing.

I think it's mainly because there's (to my knowledge) no definitive way of preventing gases from mixing.

Spoiler

Now I love ONI, I love how if something goes wrong, it's always YOUR fault. Everything in this game is under your control. 

And that's why I kinda don't like this and like it at the same time, while preventing gas mixing, resulting in explosions might be REALLY hard, if not nigh impossible, it does create a situation where, as I've said before, if something goes wrong, it's YOUR fault.

But then again I don't want to go through the irl stress because 1 mcg of hydrogen gets into my base, and obliterates all my dupes. :wilson_cry:

11 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

I think it's mainly because there's (to my knowledge) no definitive way of preventing gases from mixing.

Reveal hidden contents

Now I love ONI, I love how if something goes wrong, it's always YOUR fault. Everything in this game is under your control. 

And that's why I kinda don't like this and like it at the same time, while preventing gas mixing, resulting in explosions might be REALLY hard, if not nigh impossible, it does create a situation where, as I've said before, if something goes wrong, it's YOUR fault.

But then again I don't want to go through the irl stress because 1 mcg of hydrogen gets into my base, and obliterates all my dupes. :wilson_cry:

Technically the gasses never mix, but I get what you are saying and you can with a planned out base, but you will still have gasses mixing for a long time until everything is laid out.

Archived