Petition for Forge on Consoles

Petition for Forge on Consoles  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the Forge on Consoles (PS4 and Xbox One)?

• Yes
    • No

With the Forge now available on PC; they announced that it is not coming to consoles but if there is enough interest they may bring it to consoles

So lets give it a try

Please vote if you would like to see the Forge on consoles.

I know the op stated consoles and listed both so big thanks for the inclusion. However, since this is PS4 forum I just wanted to make it clear to devs I was voting for all console, especially Xbox. Just wanted to represent Xbox considering this devs history of slighting Xbox owners.

1 hour ago, Toast1070 said:

They said no such thing. It is coming to console, just not immediately. PC is easier to update. Be patient. 

On 11/9/2017 at 9:39 AM, JoeW said:

With the Ancient Gateway activated our survivors now find themselves trapped in a hostile world of fire and battle. They’ll need to team up to defeat the Battlemaster’s army and his champion, the Grand Forge Boarrior, if they have any hopes of returning home. 

The Forge is a free limited time 6-player co-op challenge, where the goal is to try and defeat the Grand Forge Boarrior in an arena. The only way to survive will be to work together.

With The Forge we developed a lot of new things that we can also use for future events. 

• New character skins, emotes, item skins and more. In total over 200 items.
  • New free on-demand dedicated event servers (Forge Only).
  • Tons of new main menu UI additions and changes.
  • Simple Matchmaking with friends / community groups.
  • Updated drop system (Now 4 items per Chest - Forge only).
  • Implemented ability to purchase item sets.
  • Event specific challenges and “level” progression.

Matches are played on official Klei servers that are available only during the event. There are no community hosted servers during this event. 

The Forge event will last until November 30th. So join in now and collect all the good stuff before it’s gone.

FAQ

What is The Forge?
The Forge is the first of a series of limited time events that we have created for Don’t Starve Together. The purpose of these events is to add fun new content to the world of Don’t Starve Together without altering core DST gameplay. 

Is The Forge free?
Yes! Events are free for everyone who owns DST. Players will have the option to purchase a single character’s Warrior Skin Set for $2.99, or the entire Warrior Skin Set collection for $12.99. 

We hope that with this mechanism, we can both continue creating great free content while also supporting the development team. In addition, this method of funding allows us to provide content to all our players, instead of splitting the player community if we implemented it with a DLC paywall.

Can I still play The Forge after Nov 30th?
No, the event will end at that time but we do hope to bring it back in the future if it is successful.

Can I keep the things I earn in The Forge?
Yes however some unlocks such as portrait backgrounds and profile icons are currently only available in the Forge but future events will also use these and we hope to support these things in the base game in the future. All unlocks will remain unlocked on your account between events. Item and character skins are usable in the main game. 

Will these items and unlocks be available in the future? 
Maybe. The next event will have new items and unlocks and we may make some of them available, however many of the items are specific to The Forge and will only be available at that time.

When will the next event like The Forge be?
We will have more info when we know for sure. 

Will the Forge be coming to Console?
The Forge is our first limited time event of its kind. We are watching feedback and requests to see how the community responds and if there is enough interest we may bring it to consoles, but it will require some work and will have to be a bit different due to certain limitations and constraints on those platforms. 

Says so right here at the bottom

I'm fine with being patient and i understand why it takes longer for consoles. 

I'm simply making a thread to show Console user's interest or lack of.

No Malice intended i have nothing but love for Klei

1 hour ago, Steener said:

Says so right here at the bottom

I'm fine with being patient and i understand why it takes longer for consoles. 

I'm simply making a thread to show Console user's interest or lack of.

No Malice intended i have nothing but love for Klei

My bad, the initial announcement had stated that they would in fact release it on console but at a later date. I'm disappointed to now see that the Forge is not 100% confirmed for consoles. 

1 hour ago, Mncmarkyd said:

Add skins to buy for ps4 then the business eould start making money then they would add all the events to ps4\Xbox and we would spend more money 

This, I would rather give money to Klei directly, than pay for a chance to get something! Stop with the loot boxes, I am already upset about Pugma's War Chests. Loot boxes are designed to be an addiction. I remember people complaining that the animations/ sounds when opening them were not that great. Because they are used to the slot machine style predatory loot boxes of other games.

Dont starve is my favorite game of all time, we need forge for console. Majority of users will NEVER go online to a forum for a video game, so needing feedback is just not sensible. We want it. We want skins. 4 a week is lackluster when we get to see pc ppl play with all the item skins and warrior skins. I'd gladly buy youre skins/sets if made available for purchase. Tired of getting the shaft, imagine pc guys having to play ps4 lol they wouldn't know how w/o their full mods list, another thing we'll never get to enjoy, no console command. All that im fine with, but hate not getting to enjoy the game to its fullest potential.

I really do hope it comes to console i believe the issue would be the targeting system and maneuvering  and possibly the skin purchase system be a problem  klei wanted them to be just 12 but knowing sonys greedy  tale  that may be a problem as well.

Archived