Back to DS after being with DST for a long while, what happ to this game?

Mencken

I can't help but feel that DS is somewhat "off":

1.   No menu item to build mushroom planter, wiki says there is the option, is this not in DS?  I can't remember.

2.   In the ruins the shadow monsters never went away during the entire cycle, never see that before.

3.   Deerclops appeared and then seemed to vanish.   I was in a strategic position and there is no way he could have gotten out without me noticing (and the seasons weren't changing for some days).

4.  Two winters with lots of pengulls and zero ice?  Now in my third winter, still no sign whatsoever of ice.

I also find it odd that thermal stones never wear out but barely last for more than a 1-2 minutes, was it always like this?  

1. Mushroom planter is only on DST, not DS. The wiki is fanmade and not made by klei but it's still a very good wiki.

http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Mushroom_Planter

The Mushroom Planter is a Structure exclusive to Don't Starve Together, introduced in A New Reign.

2. Maybe you're insane? I think they don't die when you're insane. Never been to the ruins in DS so I really don't know.

3. http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Deerclops

Unlike Hounds, the Deerclops will not follow the player wherever they go, the player can move away and, with luck, leave the Deerclops behind to despawn when Winter ends.

Or he maybe died.

4. Bug?

On 9/30/2017 at 11:28 AM, Mencken said:

2.   In the ruins the shadow monsters never went away during the entire cycle, never see that before.

If I remember correctly, that has always been the case in DS. Shadow monsters that spawns during the nightmare cycle will chase you forever until the end of the cycle.

On 30/09/2017 at 4:28 AM, Mencken said:

I can't help but feel that DS is somewhat "off":

1.   No menu item to build mushroom planter, wiki says there is the option, is this not in DS?  I can't remember.

3.   Deerclops appeared and then seemed to vanish.   I was in a strategic position and there is no way he could have gotten out without me noticing (and the seasons weren't changing for some days).

4.  Two winters with lots of pengulls and zero ice?  Now in my third winter, still no sign whatsoever of ice.

I also find it odd that thermal stones never wear out but barely last for more than a 1-2 minutes, was it always like this?  

This is my point exactly. The game is outdated. Why the hell are they making DLC for it?

Archived