Servers not saving my progress

I keep making some good progress on servers, only to come back the next day and find that I have to start over again. I've looked in my history and it still records all my previous visits, and the servers have progressed too, but for some reason I've not saved. Please help.

sounds like server gets restarted, which is common for public ones, servers where you got progress show you how many days you survived as well as char you picked

Spoiler

(technically, it only shows on servers you saved data about, but it does not get deleted by your system by default, but you won't see it from different system although the progress itself is still saved on server)

If you want a world that doesn't reset, join a group server or even better a private one hosted by yourself or friends.

Public servers, Especially official servers will usually never last longer than an irl day. There are just there for casual play and meeting new people, not so much day 1000 megabases. As for servers hosted by random people you stumble across, since servers don't stay up when they log off it's unlikely you'll ever see that server again.

tldr play on private servers if you don't want progress to be lost

20 hours ago, Atkvin said:

If you want a world that doesn't reset, join a group server or even better a private one hosted by yourself or friends.

Public servers, Especially official servers will usually never last longer than an irl day. There are just there for casual play and meeting new people, not so much day 1000 megabases. As for servers hosted by random people you stumble across, since servers don't stay up when they log off it's unlikely you'll ever see that server again.

tldr play on private servers if you don't want progress to be lost

What he said.

The ultimate suggestion is to start up your own dedicated server that you can start up and shut down at will, though some have trouble due to no knowledge or a weak computer. Put simply, with a little bit of guidance and a decent computer it may be best to start up your own server, but again, if that doesn't work out, find some friends and make a private world.

Archived