On Slimelung...

1 hour ago, brummbar7 said:

I think they're just supposed to exhale germy PO now.    Easily countered by deodorizers.  The main issue is the rather long down time.

They also emit slimelung germs when they sneeze, and consume o2/emit co2 at an alarming rate...

I had a 8-10 dupe outbreak on one of my last streams, and it was brutal :D 

I might be crazy but I think it is better to have a higher population of dupes working at the same time in slime biom. That way they germs is distributed over a bigger population. And of course clean up the slime and put out air deodorizers. 

19 minutes ago, NanoD said:

I might be crazy but I think it is better to have a higher population of dupes working at the same time in slime biom. That way they germs is distributed over a bigger population. And of course clean up the slime and put out air deodorizers. 

Not sure what mechanics you're expecting there, but slime simply exists in the air.  While dupes breathe it, they get slimelung.  They don't pull out the slimelung into themselves so the dupe behind them doesn't get any, the dupe behind them just gets some too.

2 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

Numbers would probably reconcile any sizeable task getting done faster, I suppose it all depends on conditions.

Sadly not at all, due to the way that jobs are handled, chances are you'd still end up with 1 dupe carrying 10 times more germs than another :D The only thing that is certain is their personal immunity stat - send your bravest carriers off into the wilds....

I find it's more about doing those lengthy jobs that require numerous visits before the surface germs have had a chance to die off. If you do small tasks, let your dupes recover in a well oxygenated area, then repeat; you can basically mitigate it entirely.

Archived