Any possibility for the developers to add an update to let players change their current world settings without having to start over?

I don't mean by changing the map size from default to big, but small changes like: turn on/off frog rain, disease, wildfires, forest petrification & the frequency of meteors

Would it be possible for this to be an update in the future? I just don't understand why players have to start a new world if they wish to change the frequency of a certain resource. 

Hey! There may not currently be a setting/feature for this, but there are console commands that let you tweak a great deal of the world generation features after making your map that might be useful to you!

This is the template of the basic command, that I found in this thread:

TheWorld.topology.overrides.[WORLDGEN THINGY] = "[FREQUENCY/AMOUNT]"

(That is a generic example, that specific text unaltered will do NOTHING if you put in in the console)

The very last 'hidden contents' in THIS thread contains all of the relevant worldgen thingies, and what their possible frequencies/amounts are. 

The first thread I linked to explains more about how the command works, but basically you run it, then restart the server, and your new settings will take place. However, the new settings will not affect anything that is already in existence in your world, only how much of it your world will generate the next time that thing is going to be generated. Also you gotta be admin to use it.

Things I've used it for:

- changing season length

TheWorld.topology.overrides.autumn = "longseason"

- reducing hound wave amounts because I was playing for a long period of time on a server with a lot of other people on it and we had so. many. teeth

TheWorld.topology.overrides.hounds = "rare"

- getting rid of dragonfly because I camped too close to her spawn point in a solo world and it was inconvenient. This did not get rid of the pre-existing dragonfly that had already spawned in worldgen, but once I killed that one no new dragonfly ever appeared after several in-game years of play on that map.

TheWorld.topology.overrides.dragonfly = "never"

- I would somewhat like to turn off or lessen frograin on the server I mentioned with all the people because we always get horrendous lag every time, but so far my friends won't let me. If they ever give me the go-ahead this is what I'll enter.

TheWorld.topology.overrides.frograin = "rare"

Things you CANNOT do with this command:

- change the amounts of resources that were already generated 

- convert a twiggy tree world to a sapling world

- add caves

- etc.

Other commands that WILL do those things may exist, but I don't know them myself and this command won't do them.

Anyway, I hope this is useful to you for editing your worlds while there isn't yet a way to do so "honestly"! :)

@TheBlob This is pretty awesome for PC/Mac players, but unfortunately I'm a PS4 player. As a PS4 player, we cannot these sort of tweaks in the game.

I wish I could change all of the seasons to Very Long since now that I am somewhat a a-ok player. I was a super noob at the beginning when I started playing about 5-6 months ago and I was afraid of Summer season due to overheat, etc.... so I set to Short Summer and I also made the biggest mistake of turning off Petrified Trees because at that time I didn't know that I could mine the petrified trees for resources, I'm in dire need of Nitre.

There are things I want to do such as domesticating a second beefalo (I wanted the pudge one because he is just so cute) but I just can't afford to do it due to lack of resources. I have to delay farming bosses due to lack of Nitre, I have to choose to either use it for Salt Licks or boss farm... it's pretty tough. I rarely get any Nitre in the caves, most earthquakes drop flint that NEVER breaks during the fall... when Nitre do drop, it breaks in front of me :(  it's frustrating. I wish I could just turn Petrified Trees back on and tweak the Seasons to Long/or very long. 

I do wish for less hounds, not because I don't wan to deal with them but mainly because of the high amount of hound tooth.. I already have 3 chest full of it, I don't even know what to do with it.... the rest of it that I'm currently getting I'm just feeding it to the lure plant to get rid of it. I used to ignore it and leave stacks and stacks of tooth in the tooth trap area which caused my world to lag, and even crash the game so I had to clean up all the trash by feeding it to the lure plants. 

I don't want to start a new world because I really like the map I got. It's a default size map but it's a very nice map where I have everything so close to me/or a wormhole away. Even my cave base is located in a very good place (close to portal and ruins)

4 hours ago, jesuisralph said:

@TheBlob This is pretty awesome for PC/Mac players, but unfortunately I'm a PS4 player. As a PS4 player, we cannot these sort of tweaks in the game.

I wish I could change all of the seasons to Very Long since now that I am somewhat a a-ok player. I was a super noob at the beginning when I started playing about 5-6 months ago and I was afraid of Summer season due to overheat, etc.... so I set to Short Summer and I also made the biggest mistake of turning off Petrified Trees because at that time I didn't know that I could mine the petrified trees for resources, I'm in dire need of Nitre.

There are things I want to do such as domesticating a second beefalo (I wanted the pudge one because he is just so cute) but I just can't afford to do it due to lack of resources. I have to delay farming bosses due to lack of Nitre, I have to choose to either use it for Salt Licks or boss farm... it's pretty tough. I rarely get any Nitre in the caves, most earthquakes drop flint that NEVER breaks during the fall... when Nitre do drop, it breaks in front of me :(  it's frustrating. I wish I could just turn Petrified Trees back on and tweak the Seasons to Long/or very long. 

I do wish for less hounds, not because I don't wan to deal with them but mainly because of the high amount of hound tooth.. I already have 3 chest full of it, I don't even know what to do with it.... the rest of it that I'm currently getting I'm just feeding it to the lure plant to get rid of it. I used to ignore it and leave stacks and stacks of tooth in the tooth trap area which caused my world to lag, and even crash the game so I had to clean up all the trash by feeding it to the lure plants. 

I don't want to start a new world because I really like the map I got. It's a default size map but it's a very nice map where I have everything so close to me/or a wormhole away. Even my cave base is located in a very good place (close to portal and ruins)

Well i do recomend you to start over, yes might seem annoying to do so but you wont regret when you advance a lot with all the gathered exp, i do tend to start over even on 100+ days i do it when i dont feel ok with the world or when it was generated in an awkward way (like one time surface was really bad everything were far away from everything like desert in one edge and swamp in the other with wormhole connecting nowhere, then i said maybe cave/ruins are good when i explore them on summer and i see its a really bad world too i just start over)

All the fun is also the beggining.

As another tip try to learn fight bosses alone with armor and weapon to only use gun powder for easy farm when needed, also you can farm lots of bosses with the help of bunnies/pigs, yes if you are using gun powder i don't see the bad side of using bunnies, for example you want to farm bee queen? Build 30 bunnie houses craft 30 helmet/beekeeper hat give to bunnies then start bee queen farm, enjoy. xD

If you want to farm dragonfly scales after the first kill you can set a scale farming area with 4 bunnies just check this link

Try to do everything different everytime and you could enjoy the game even more

@Jurgens Thanks, but I really LOVE my map.. if I could start over with the same exact map, I think I would do it. I really lucked out by getting a very good convenient map (2 wormholes: One wormhole leads to my pig pen farm I've build & bee queen and the second one lead to 3 walrus camps located close to each other plus my bunny pen farm) and a cave entrance that leads directly to the Ruins & Portal). I built my base in the pig king area which is in walking distance of dragonfly also where it has the 2 wormholes and great cave entrance where my cave base is. 

I'm on almost 4500 days, I do farm bee queen & dragonfly with just a bunch of bunnies. I don't even have to touch the boss, the bunnies do the work for me -- but I cannot farm Klaus or Toadstool with bunnies (I asked a PC DST player friend on discord to use some commands and spawn 150 bunny hutches in the toadstool area to see if the bunnies could kill toadstool as a test because being a PC player you can easily spawn things without farming it, I wanted to know because I want to farm more bunnies to farm toad he automatically said he won't help me because toadstool will auto kill all bunnies with gas and told me the only way for me to do it is dark sword + gun powder.) I haven't killed toad in a very very long time due to lack of resources.. its either use the nitre on boss farm OR make salt licks (there's a bug with PS4 players where domesticated beefalo becomes normal even if you have 4-5 salt licks, it happened to me which I freaked out and had to rollback the max days to see if I could save my beefalo. It happened to others too..) I play by myself as Maxwell and sometimes I connect a second controller to bring Wolfgang to kill some bosses like Antlion, Dragonfly, New moon creatures but it still touch because I'm not very good and there's a lot of lag when I play slip screens so I tend to die or make a lot of mistakes due to lag.

I try to ask "friends" to come to my world to help me with bosses, but some people are just not respectful and steal things (logs out with the boss loot, krampus sack and never joins back, I've lost 3 krampus already) or they just come in to troll, so its hard to trust people and have been playing by myself ever since and just soloing bosses with gun powder.

15 minutes ago, jesuisralph said:

@Jurgens Thanks, but I really LOVE my map.. if I could start over with the same exact map, I think I would do it. I really lucked out by getting a very good convenient map (2 wormholes: One wormhole leads to my pig pen farm I've build & bee queen and the second one lead to 3 walrus camps located close to each other plus my bunny pen farm) and a cave entrance that leads directly to the Ruins & Portal). I built my base in the pig king area which is in walking distance of dragonfly also where it has the 2 wormholes and great cave entrance where my cave base is. 

I'm on almost 4500 days, I do farm bee queen & dragonfly with just a bunch of bunnies. I don't even have to touch the boss, the bunnies do the work for me -- but I cannot farm Klaus or Toadstool with bunnies (I asked a PC DST player friend on discord to use some commands and spawn 150 bunny hutches in the toadstool area to see if the bunnies could kill toadstool as a test because being a PC player you can easily spawn things without farming it, I wanted to know because I want to farm more bunnies to farm toad he automatically said he won't help me because toadstool will auto kill all bunnies with gas and told me the only way for me to do it is dark sword + gun powder.) I haven't killed toad in a very very long time due to lack of resources.. its either use the nitre on boss farm OR make salt licks (there's a bug with PS4 players where domesticated beefalo becomes normal even if you have 4-5 salt licks, it happened to me which I freaked out and had to rollback the max days to see if I could save my beefalo. It happened to others too..) I play by myself as Maxwell and sometimes I connect a second controller to bring Wolfgang to kill some bosses like Antlion, Dragonfly, New moon creatures but it still touch because I'm not very good and there's a lot of lag when I play slip screens so I tend to die or make a lot of mistakes due to lag.

I try to ask "friends" to come to my world to help me with bosses, but some people are just not respectful and steal things (logs out with the boss loot, krampus sack and never joins back, I've lost 3 krampus already) or they just come in to troll, so its hard to trust people and have been playing by myself ever since and just soloing bosses with gun powder.

Oh that's sad, well klaus isn't that hard to solo here is an example with maxwell

(just go to min 18:10 for the fight)

here is also some other examples

There are also some other tricks:

If you say that in PS4 you can use 2 character i encorage you to use wickerbottom too, just farm tentacle spots craf tentacle books and you could build your own boss arena with it, it can kill Bee Queen, Klaus etc... There are some videos about how to craft wickerbottom's tentacle farms, there is also monkey farm on ruins with wickerbottom so farm nightmare fuel like crazy.

Im so sad that my conection is really bad for online play as i could help you. (that's why i only play solo or with a friend on Local mode when he comes to my house but we start a new world everytime)

@jesuisralph also i don't know if its possible on PS4 to seed a world, what i mean is that on computer you can create the same world and start over if you really like your world, i am not really sure if you can do it on Ps4 as i don't know where the world files are saved on your console.

@Jurgen Thanks, I follow Helicalpuma too but I'm just very bad melee fight in general :( I do have a wicker using a second controller, I have brought other characters into my world to craft helmets, books, etc.. I had a tentacle to slap bee queen and dragonfly, at first it was nice and easy but then I started to get caught in between the tentacles and die in the process so I got rid of the tentacles (took a lot of effort from hounds to giants to fully get rid of the whole tentacle traps) and then I built bunnies which worked out great because there's no hassle of adding reading more books to add more tentacles if I'm low, no hassle in picking the loot, and no chances of getting caught in the middle and die in the process. 

I'm not that good to kill misery toadstool, I already struggle with toadstool using gunpowder alone (there's a very annoying bat cave where toadstool is) I can only imagine what it will take to kill misery toadstool, I don't have enough nitre to even farm anything at this point, everything goes to salt licks.

It's not possible to seed a world on PS4 :( Sony doesn't allow players to change save data and upload it back to console. We can't even have mods, or commands like PC players... 

16 minutes ago, jesuisralph said:

@Jurgen Thanks, I follow Helicalpuma too but I'm just very bad melee fight in general :( I do have a wicker using a second controller, I have brought other characters into my world to craft helmets, books, etc.. I had a tentacle to slap bee queen and dragonfly, at first it was nice and easy but then I started to get caught in between the tentacles and die in the process so I got rid of the tentacles (took a lot of effort from hounds to giants to fully get rid of the whole tentacle traps) and then I built bunnies which worked out great because there's no hassle of adding reading more books to add more tentacles if I'm low, no hassle in picking the loot, and no chances of getting caught in the middle and die in the process. 

I'm not that good to kill misery toadstool, I already struggle with toadstool using gunpowder alone (there's a very annoying bat cave where toadstool is) I can only imagine what it will take to kill misery toadstool, I don't have enough nitre to even farm anything at this point, everything goes to salt licks.

It's not possible to seed a world on PS4 :( Sony doesn't allow players to change save data and upload it back to console. We can't even have mods, or commands like PC players... 

Oh that feels very bad, the only thing i can further advice is when you finally decide to start over play as Wx-78 its great for ppl struggling with melee fights as you can just farm gears and use in battle for heal, just get a 40 gear stack a lot of armor and just tank any boss and press attack button, that could also work on 2nd controller but i dont know if the character remains saved on the world because if you upgrade one Wx-78 and log out it could lose all the uprgades (15 gears) but if it doesnt it could be a great replace for wolfgang you can also craft lightning book give them to maxwell and use 2nd controller with Wx-78 and overcharge him for days (as every lightning he gets stacks the duration so 9 lightings means 9 days of 24/7 buff and ligth)...

Let's hope Devs add some sort of support for console players as i know its coming for other consoles as well.

16 minutes ago, Jurgens said:

Oh that feels very bad, the only thing i can further advice is when you finally decide to start over play as Wx-78 its great for ppl struggling with melee fights as you can just farm gears and use in battle for heal, just get a 40 gear stack a lot of armor and just tank any boss and press attack button, that could also work on 2nd controller but i dont know if the character remains saved on the world because if you upgrade one Wx-78 and log out it could lose all the uprgades (15 gears) but if it doesnt it could be a great replace for wolfgang you can also craft lightning book give them to maxwell and use 2nd controller with Wx-78 and overcharge him for days (as every lightning he gets stacks the duration so 9 lightings means 9 days of 24/7 buff and ligth)...

Let's hope Devs add some sort of support for console players as i know its coming for other consoles as well.

I was WX-78 when I started playing because he can eat spoiled food but I had so much trouble with sanity, specially during Spring season I died a lot and at that time I didn't know how to fight shadows when I started playing DST, I met this really nice player who I later I added as a friend on PS4 and I played him a lot (former friend) he helped me a lot, it was  super fun playing with him but we somehow drifted apart, I always try to invite him to play but he would say he is busy  he just unfriended me for no reason so I started a new world playing as Maxwell by myself basically

9 minutes ago, jesuisralph said:

I was WX-78 when I started playing because he can eat spoiled food but I had so much trouble with sanity, specially during Spring season I died a lot and at that time I didn't know how to fight shadows when I started playing DST, I met this really nice player who I later I added as a friend on PS4 and I played him a lot (former friend) he helped me a lot, it was  super fun playing with him but we somehow drifted apart, I always try to invite him to play but he would say he is busy  he just unfriended me for no reason so I started a new world playing as Maxwell by myself basically

Why don't you kill ancient fuelweaver and reset the ruins so you farm more stuff?

17 minutes ago, Jurgens said:

Why don't you kill ancient fuelweaver and reset the ruins so you farm more stuff?

I play by myself, I don't think I can kill fuelweaver as Maxwell by myself. Is it true that once you kill fuelweaver, it resets everything in the ruins including thulecite resources (you get more thulecite walls to hammer, etc...)? Someone told me that everything resets and you get more thulecite walls, etc.. but I read on wiki that thulecite is not renewable so I'm confused.

4 minutes ago, jesuisralph said:

I play by myself, I don't think I can kill fuelweaver as Maxwell by myself. Is it true that once you kill fuelweaver, it resets everything in the ruins including thulecite resources (you get more thulecite walls to hammer, etc...)? Someone told me that everything resets and you get more thulecite walls, etc.. but I read on wiki that thulecite is not renewable so I'm confused.

Yes killing the ancient fuelweaver reset the whole ruins so you can farm all over again, even reset monkey pots everything.

PD: the wiki mix DS and DST together info that is why is confusing 

When you read the wiki make sure to read the DST section:

As an example https://dontstarve.gamepedia.com/Ruins

Don't Starve Together icon.png Don't Starve Together[edit | edit source]

In the multiplayer expansion, the ruins were moved to the same level of the Caves. This was done to avoid the necessity of a third dedicated server to hold it on. There are also several new ways for entities to spawn. The ruins are also renewable by killing the Ancient Fuelweaver form of the Reanimated Skeleton. In addition, the Sacred biome is changed to have several "islands", and bridges connecting them.

And this link

https://dontstarve.gamepedia.com/Ancient_Gateway

Ancient GatewayThis article is about a gameplay element exclusive to Don't Starve Together.

Ancient Gateway
Ancient Gateway.png
Perk
Activates the Nightmare Phase of the Atrium
Common Biomes
Atrium
"atrium_gate"

The Ancient Gateway is a structure exclusive to Don't Starve Together, introduced in A New Reign. It's located in the middle of the Atrium Biome.

Its only use is to have an Ancient Key to be placed in its socket, making the Atrium's Nightmare Cycle be locked at the peak state. It can be removed again, unlocking the Cycle from its peak. If a fully-constructed Odd Skeleton is revived near an activated Ancient Gateway, the fight against the Ancient Fuelweaver will begin. The Ancient Fuelweaver can deactivate the Atrium's Nightmare Cycle by removing the ancient key. If the Ancient Fuelweaver is killed it will trigger an "explosion" that will activate after three minutes, it will renew the Ruins, you must then wait 20 days to fight the Ancient Fuelweaver again for the gateway to calm down.

5 minutes ago, jesuisralph said:

I play by myself, I don't think I can kill fuelweaver as Maxwell by myself.

There is a way to kill it with gun powder too, just like the old way u need 80 gun powder BUT now you need to ignite 40 then wait 10 seconds then ignite 40 more in the 10 second window you must use the Weather Pain and the Nightmare amulet to kill the minions and unseen hands BEFORE igniting the second 40 gunpowder stack. if everything is done right you either kill the ancient fuelweaver or it has like 200 hp (depends if he heals with some minions for some reason)

1 minute ago, Jurgens said:

There is a way to kill it with gun powder too, just like the old way u need 80 gun powder BUT now you need to ignite 40 then wait 10 seconds then ignite 40 more in the 10 second window you must use the Weather Pain and the Nightmare amulet to kill the minions and unseen hands BEFORE igniting the second 40 gunpowder stack. if everything is done right you either kill the ancient fuelweaver or it has like 200 hp (depends if he heals with some minions for some reason)

Wow, so all those annoying monkeys will respawn :( I've burned all of the monkey pots  because they're so annoying... does the rock spiders spawns in the same location as well? I got rid of all of the rock spiders near my base.. this kinda sucks if they respawn. I have so much trouble getting nitre, I don't think I can get 80 just to fight fuelweaver. I'd rather use it on salt licks or I risk of losing my beefalo due to a PS4 bug.

Hey @jesuisralph how you doing with your world?

I just remember a possible solution for your nitre issue.

https://dontstarve.gamepedia.com/Burrow

Just make a moleworm farm and farm the burrows they have a 20% to give you nitre the other chances are for rocks flint and gold, so you could just farm 10 or more burrows for nitre until you get the stacks you need to regenerate ruins.

On 8/16/2017 at 4:22 PM, Jurgens said:

@jesuisralph also i don't know if its possible on PS4 to seed a world, what i mean is that on computer you can create the same world and start over if you really like your world, i am not really sure if you can do it on Ps4 as i don't know where the world files are saved on your console.

No options are severely limited. I am a PS4 player. I wish we had the ability to retrofit our world's if the first attempt does not work because my world never generated Glommer, goats or juicy berry bushes. 

On 8/23/2017 at 10:00 AM, Jurgens said:

Hey @jesuisralph how you doing with your world?

I just remember a possible solution for your nitre issue.

https://dontstarve.gamepedia.com/Burrow

Just make a moleworm farm and farm the burrows they have a 20% to give you nitre the other chances are for rocks flint and gold, so you could just farm 10 or more burrows for nitre until you get the stacks you need to regenerate ruins.

I'm not doing much in my world. It's been pretty boring not being able to farm certain bosses due to lack of nitre, I just had been sitting around in my base most of the time for Thursday's reward reset.

Thanks for the suggestion I have been digging burrows in my cave base cause there's so many moleworms in my cave base and whenever I dig I get stacks of 40s flint or rock :( if it's nitre, I get only one sometimes lol. I will try above ground and see how it goes :D

On 8/29/2017 at 2:12 PM, LadyAzure said:

No options are severely limited. I am a PS4 player. I wish we had the ability to retrofit our world's if the first attempt does not work because my world never generated Glommer, goats or juicy berry bushes. 

Ikr... I know a few PS4 players who are annoyed that they got to deal diseases (it wasn't a choice for them to chose to turn off/on) they just automatically got it due to DST update. I think it would be nice to let players of current world to have an option to either use or not use the new update contents instead of automatically implementing it into their world.

Edit

Wait... did you set your world "classic" I dont think there's Glommer in classic mode.

Archived