Oxygen Not Included Mac OSX Branch - Now Open for Testing

After playing the OSX branch for one week , from last Monday , I get error report from steam 

"the application OxygenNotInclued can't be opened" with OS error code 9294956486....

What version of OSX are you running?

OSX v10.11.6

What hardware are you running the game on?

Macbook Pro ( 15inch, Retina , before 2013)

2.7GHz Intel core i7

16G RAM

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB

The contents of: <Your_home_directory>/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log 

as attach files

Player.log

So besides some shaders getting quite blocky at times, the OSX built plays pretty similarly with the Windows build. I'm sure this will be fixed down the line.

1) The main issue seems to be that the smaller Biomes have already been implemented in the OSX build. Personally I find this much harder to work with. There are many cases where temperature will drop from 110F to -20F in the space of 8 tiles! Trying to drill between these biomes creates tons of hotter CO2 and effectively seems to destroy the integrity of the ice biomes. 

Working in the larger biomes left a lot more room for interesting builds with and more flexibility. Hoping for something in the middle possibly.

2) Any plans down the line to prevent temperature displacement short of water locks? 

3) Fans!! It would be fantastic to be able to move rogue pockets of natural gas/chlorine around with a bit more ease. Getting the perfect tile seal on these can be quite a challenge. Currently tend to drill in and seal from the inside out.

Cheers,

KW

• Developer

@raymondvon: Could you try right-clicking on the game in steam, clicking 'properties', then 'local files', then 'verify integrity of game files', and try to run the game again? If that doesn't work, could you post a screenshot of the error you're getting?

• Developer

@raymondvon: Could you open a terminal window, run the following command, and post the output here?

ls -l "$HOME/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/" "$HOME/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/OxygenNotIncluded.app/Contents/MacOS/"

SGI-ML-VON:~ von$ ls -l "$HOME/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/" "$HOME/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/OxygenNotIncluded.app/Contents/MacOS/" 

/Users/von/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/:
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  3 von  1437522721  102  8  1 14:44 OxygenNotIncluded.app

/Users/von/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/OxygenNotIncluded.app/Contents/MacOS/:
total 79560
-rwxr-xr-x  1 von  1437522721  40733836  8  1 14:41 OxygenNotIncluded

Got dupes and objects invisible too. First time I play it work fine until I change display resolution to max then it invisible. Reinstall nothing change.

Sierra 10.12.6, GT650 + Intel HD 4000 (MBP mid-2012)

P.S. I use Nvidia Web Driver instead of OSX driver. (Nvidia 378.05.05.25f01)

A question (forgive me if this has already been answered elsewhere): aside from the issues that may arise in adapting the engine itself, the actual contents of the game are on par with the Windows version, or are they behind/different, and if so by how much?

Thanks.

• Developer
22 minutes ago, Feanaaro said:

the actual contents of the game are on par with the Windows version, or are they behind/different, and if so by how much?

As far as I know, the content on it does not differ at all from the one on Windows.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, devs.

• Developer
On 26/08/2017 at 8:43 AM, 15oceans said:

Is the beta access code still working? I tried keying it and checking the code but all I got was "Beta access code invalid"

I'm not too sure if I'm doing anything wrong.

You no longer need a beta access code to access the OSX branch. Also the content should be identical between the OSX/Windows branches.

Hi! Anyone having problems with resolution switching back to 1024x768 every time you start the game? Getting this issue on both of my macs. (MBP Late 2013 8GB and iMac Mid 2011 12GB). Also for some reason i can't cmd+tab out of the game on fullscreen. 

On 30-8-2017 at 3:30 PM, KrownKlown said:

Hi! Anyone having problems with resolution switching back to 1024x768 every time you start the game? Getting this issue on both of my macs. (MBP Late 2013 8GB and iMac Mid 2011 12GB). Also for some reason i can't cmd+tab out of the game on fullscreen. 

Yup, can confirm.

I wasn't aware the Mac version was out of testing (and didn't even know there was a beta available to be honest), but on a whim I checked today and there it was. It runs great and except for the bug in the quote I didn't run into anything.

2 hours ago, DonCaliente said:

Yup, can confirm.

I wasn't aware the Mac version was out of testing (and didn't even know there was a beta available to be honest), but on a whim I checked today and there it was. It runs great and except for the bug in the quote I didn't run into anything.

Another thing I found out is that the game doesn't seem to recognize any debug command with "ctrl" or "alt". So i had to switch using "shift" for debug commands. CMD also not being recognized in game as a button it seems so i can't configure any commands to use it in combo with other keys.

Archived