Secrets of the Higgsbury Family (A Don't Starve Fanfic) And FanStuff

1 minute ago, Aundee-D-Cat said:

I read Survive the Shadows but not the other one.

Book of Shadows is pretty much the backstory of Maxwell, Wilson's family (all the way back to his grand parents), William (with Charlie and Jack) and Willow. I don't think it's too important to the Survive the Shadows storyline but it's helpful if you wanna know more about the origins and lore.

Anyway, back to the story at hand ^^;

• Like 2

Carters: The Loved or Betrayed (Part 3 of 3)

Later that night...

“These two little mischievous girls…”

Cindy said as looking at the girls sleep. She closed the leaving them in darkness.

“Abigail… ”

“Wha…”

“Wake up… Let’s play please?”

“Maybe in the morning.”

Wendy gets out of bed and tries to push Abigail off.

“Are we going to this all night?”

“I could, unless we play.”

“Fine.”

Abigail gets out of bed. Wendy waits by the window. The two sneak out from there. The walk across the street. Using the dark to avoid getting caught. They make their way to the closed theatre. They sneak in through the ventilation system. And find themselves in the ruins of the theatre and the last performance of their Uncle and Aunt.

“Wendy are you sure?”

“Of course!”

“...”

“Race you!”

Wendy darts off. Abigail runs after her wanting to stop her. Wendy climbs the soft chairs and runs on top of them. Abigail kept running on the aisle between. Wendy turns right and runs towards the stage area. Abigail follows her. Wendy jumps onto the stage. Abigail jumps on too but her foot slips on the curtain.

“Keep up!”

“I’m trying!”

Wendy climbs the staircase. Making creaking steps. She runs onto the unstable catwalk. Making it bounce with every step she took. She makes it to the other side and teases Abigail.

“Come on, Abigail!”

“Wendy, this doesn’t look safe!”

“Abby! Don’t be a scaredy cat! I ran over that ten seconds ago.”

“But…”

“Scaredy Cat! Scaredy Cat! Watch!”

Wendy goes back to the catwalk and jumps up and down.

“See!”

*Crack**Snap*

A cable snaps on one side and the floor collapses under Wendy’s feet. Wendy managed to hang on but her feet dangled in the air.

“Abigail! Help me!”

“I’m coming.”

Abigail runs onto the catwalk. It wobbles with every step. *Snap* Another cable went. Abigail grabbed Wendy’s arms and pulled her up. *Snap* All the cables were starting to go.

“Run!”

Wendy ran ahead and made it across but Abigail’s foot got stuck in a hole. She struggled to pull it free but instead made a bigger hole. The floor collapsed completely and Abigail fell through.

“Wendy!” she screamed as she fell.

Abigail fell onto the floor unable to move. Her head bleeding. The debris from the unstable walk fell on top of her. She feels a metal go right through her heart. Her life fades completely.

A while later...

*Knock**Knock*

Jack opens the door finding Vincent with a traumatized Wendy.

“Vincent? Wendy?”

“Daddy! I’m sorry! It was my fault!” Wendy cries in front of him.

“What happened? Where’s Abigail?”

“There was an accident. Abigail fell from the unstable catwalk.”

“I’m sorry.”

Wendy hugs Jack tighter. She cried hard. Vincent leaves them both alone.

Weeks later...

“Cindy?”

Jack enters the room. Finding Cindy on the floor dead. She suicided. Blaming herself for the death of Abigail. Blood was everywhere.

“Daddy? Where’s Mommy?”

Wendy peers inside seeing the blood and was traumatized at what happened.

“Daddy what happened?!”

“Don’t look, Wendy.”

Jack covers Wendy’s eyes. Leads her out of the room and tries to settle her in bed.

“Dad, I miss Abigail.”

“Me too, my sweet flower.”

“I’d do anything for her with me. And mommy wouldn’t have to do what she did.”

“I know... If there was any way, I would do it for them and for you.”

“Night father…”

Jack left the room with Wendy sleeping soundly. He walks outside in the street. Until he reaches, the edge of the forest. He walks inside. Not knowing he was going but he was going somewhere. It was so dark. He hears a voice…

“Jack? Where are you? I can’t see.”

“Cindy?”

Jack searches around even if it was hopeless and he knew Cindy was dead. Someone taps his shoulder and he turns around.

“Maxwell?”

“Hello, brother.”

“What are you doing here?”

“You look surprised. What is it bad to visit a family member even after they’ve lost someone.”

Jack didn’t soften. He sees the Codex Umbra in Maxwell’s hand.

“So you really found it. I guess Vincent wasn’t lying.”

Maxwell grins.

“What are you here for? I’m sure that book has demands.”

“Smart. I’ll get straight to the point. I want your help. I can’t do this alone brother. Help me with the magic...”

“I’m sure that you are aware that I turned my back on magic years ago.”

“I don’t need you. I need your memories.”

“What?”

“I know that you have a few secrets in that head of yours. Especially that you have a relation to a few people.”

“So brother will you agree?”

_________________Theories: Fight or Flight

Fight / Loved

“I will agree. Only…”

“Name it.”

“I want Abigail back with Wendy.”

“Is that all?”

“Yes.”

Jack shook hands with Maxwell. The deal was made. Abigail’s ghost was brought back from the dark. Jack lost his memory and Wendy joined her sister in the DS world.

Flight / Betrayed

“I will not agree. I will not get involved in any more madness.”

“Alright.”

Maxwell disappears into shadow flames.

Back in the house…

Wendy…

Wendy wakes up to a familiar voice.

“Uncle William?”

“Call me, Maxwell.”

“Ok.”

“Can I ask you something? Do you miss your sister?”

“Yes.”

“Would you want to be with her?”

Wendy nodded.

“Would you do anything for that?”

“Anything please!”

“I’ll bring your sister back. But you will have to stay in another world away from your father.”

“But what will happen to daddy?”

“That will be his problem.”

“But…”

“He’ll be fine. Don’t you want Abigail back?”

“Yes.”

Wendy shook hands with Maxwell. And everyone knows what happened next.

Two years later…

Jack felt so much guilt. He should have taken the deal. After hanging out with Vincent, he thought he would feel better. Besides his sons disappeared as well or rather was taken to Codex Umbra’s realm. A lot of people have disappeared lately. After the circus man, Wolfgang. Wendy came next, then a robot named WX-78, Ma’am Wickerbottom, then the Lumberjack, Woodie, a mime named Wes, then the actress Wigfrid. I wish Wendy was here at least. Jack felt so much pain wondering if he agreed to the deal. Jack unfortunately was attracted to vices such as smoking and drinking. His medical condition was getting worse. He felt like dying.

“Take away the pain…” He felt exhausted. Barely with sleep and has gone through depression.

Maxwell’s voice echoed.

“ I can help you…

I can fix you…

You can see your daughters again…”

“Just take away the pain… Please! I can’t live with this guilt!”

That’s the end of the Carter part of this…

Either way, the result is the same… Continuing on to the Higgsbury’s… (Wow, this is very long)

• Like 3

Chapter 10 (Part 1)

Willow went hunting with Wilson and Albert. Ria, Quoth and Raven tagged along behind them. Following the tracks, they were lead far from camp. It was mid-way through morning. It was reaching the last few days of autumn. Winter was on its way. There was a cold breeze that blew. The tree leaves rustled. They could hear the giant footsteps.

“Am I the only one hearing the giant footsteps?”

“No.” Wilson replied.

Ria started to whine and hide behind Willow. She tugging on Willow’s skirt to stop her from moving.

“What’s the matter girl?”

“I’m getting a weird feeling.”

Quoth jumped into Albert’s backpack and closed the flap. Instead of one massive beast’s footsteps, they started to hear a bunch of them. The footsteps were coming closer. Ria darted off. Quoth was shaking inside the backpack. Raven hid in the trees.

“They’re scared and I don’t think that’s a koalefant.”

There was howling. Before they knew it, Hounds surrounded them.  

“Get your spears out, boys! That Varg is big jerk!”

Willow mumbled but loud enough for Albert to hear but not Wilson, “Like some people…”

An ice hound pounced on Wilson’s back. Another hound tried to snap at Albert’s arm. A fire hound went after Willow. She quickly hit it with her spear. Wilson doges the next hound that tried to pounce on him. A hound tries to bite Albert but he quickly jams his spear into its mouth. The hound breaks the spear and jumps onto Albert but he give the hound a jab to the face. Quoth jumps out of the backpack and onto the hound. Scratching its eyes. Raven comes back and starts distracting the Varg to avoid calling more hounds. Wilson grabs his spear throws it towards the Varg. Willow took her lighter and started to set all the ice and regular hounds on fire. Ria comes out off the pack of the hounds and bites the Varg. The Vrag fights back and howls trying to control Ria. But instead a sound echoes through the entire fight. Who’s humming? The voice seemed to calm the Varg and the hounds. It acted as a pan flute and put them to sleep.

“What just happened?”

“Someone played a Pan flute.”

“That was no Pan flute.”

“What was it then?”

“The better question is, Who was humming?”

“I know only one person who can sing or sing like that.”

Wilson looks toward a shadow of a tree.

“Come out of there Nightingale. I know you were the one who was humming.”

“Hello, Wilson.”

Nightingale’s professional singing and humming allows her control whatever creature she wants, except for humans and shadows.

Text Legend:

Bold - For hostile, shadows or people that the person does not know

Underline - Someone else talking (too lazy to mention their name)

Italic - Someone else talking as well but sometimes used as thoughts

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Have you designed Nightingale yet?

Yes. I had my sister draw her up last year. (My drawing was so bad that I had my sister do it)

Schea Nightingale Carter.jpeg

Her Full Name is:

Schea Nightingale Carter 

Edited by Aundee-D-Cat
  • Like 2

Chapter 10 (Part 2)

“It has been quite a while…”

“Umm… Who is she?” Albert asks.

“Don’t mind her...” Wilson said.

“Seriously, Wilson be nice!” Willow says.

“Well at least someone here still knows me. Hello Willow.”

“Hello Nightingale, nice to see you here… Dead or Alive?”

“Dead, but the good thing about Carter’s is that they still can be summoned even if I died ten years ago.”

Wilson mumbles “You should have stayed dead.”

Nightingale stiffened. She obviously heard what he said. Oops… She disappeared the next second. Before he knew it, she was right in front of him.

*SLAP* *WHACK* *BONK*

“YOU IDIOT! APOLOGIZE!”

“Why should I?! I’m not the one desperate!”

“WHY YOU LITTLE UNGRATEFUL PIECE OF ....”

“Woah! Time Out! I need an explanation! First! Who the heck are you?! Next, Wilson how do you know her? And WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!”

Willow opened her mouth about to tell something…

“Willow, don’t you dare...”

“Wilson…”

“Willow…”

“Used to be in a…”

“Shut up…”

“Relationship with Nightingale… or at least that was Nightingale’s perspective.”

“Wilson… My brother Wilson? Was in a relationship… I have a hard time believing that.”

“Oh, be quiet Albert… I can be in a relationship, if I wanted to...”

Albert whispers “How can you have a relationship…”

“Albert!”

“You never told him, did you? None of you did.”

“Tell me what?”

“Your Overprotective brother here, never fully restored your memories.”

“What?”

“I am not putting that kind of pressure on him ever again.”

“Alright, I won’t tell him any of it, considering I hate you and not anyone else.”

Wilson sighed “Thank goodness.”

“A word of warning Wilson, I know your brother as if he's family. He always finds the answers… Normal Higgsbury curiosity.”

What are you hiding Wilson?

I apologize for the late post. I was busy for two days… Hoped you enjoyed and more mysteries to come...

Edit: My grammar was wrong. :)

Edited by Aundee-D-Cat
  • Like 3

Chapter 11 (A Hidden Memory)

“Normal Higgsbury curiosity…” Nightingale’s voice said.

The scene changed all of a sudden. There were three boys now. One of them unconscious.

“What is happening?” Albert said to himself.

He looks around. The entire place… was not back in the other world it was here. I was here before… But how? I can’t remember anything…

“He lost his memory again.”

“Don’t worry he’ll be back to normal in a while.”

The boy touched the head of the unconscious one. And within seconds he woke up.

One of the boys seemed familiar. He looks at the boy that woke up. The familiar hair style… color scheme… good looks… That’s me! He looks at the other two. They blackened out as if the memory was still hiding. A strong wind blew, enough to make Albert fall over. The wind was drying his eyes so he closed them shut. The next time he opened them, the entire place changed. He sees his young himself, bleeding to death, wearing black and unconscious. Blood was coming out of his head. A thirteen year old Wilson was there shaking him back and forth. Trying to wake Albert up.

“Albert! Albert! Wake up! You can’t be dead! We’re back home! Please wake up! I’m sorry! I’m sorry I left you that night! Please! I couldn't leave you! I'm sorry!

*Cough**Cough*

“Albert? You're still alive! I won’t let Them hurt you ever again…”

Wilson pulls something out of his pocket. A syringe?

“What? Ow!”

“You’re alright now...”

Me: Wilson, what did you do?!

Wilson: What I had to...

Me: Goodluck with your brother's curiosity! He'll ask you about this sooner than later...

• Like 3

Chapter 11 (Curiosity)

Albert wakes up in his tent. Quoth was awake, sitting on Albert’s chest. Did you give me the dream? He wonders.

*Meow* Quoth jumps off and goes to sleep somewhere else in the tent

Wilson, I need answers. What did he do to me? He gets up from his straw roll and goes outside. He looks up. A Waning Crescent was high in the sky. It’s almost winter. He goes over to Ms. Wickerbottom. She was reading a book called, On Tentacles.

“Ms. Wickerbottom?”

“Yes Albert? What is it? Did you have another nightmare? Do you want to talk about it?”

“No, I didn’t have another nightmare. But I want to talk about something.”

“What do you want to talk about?”

“It’s about Wilson. Do you think he’s hiding things from me?”

Ms. Wickerbottom closed her book.

“You know about her don’t you.”

“Nightingale?”

“Told him. He can’t hide things from you forever.”

“What is he trying to hide?”

“Best to ask someone else. I’m not the person who should tell you about it.”

Ms. Wickerbottom continued reading her book. Albert turned around looking for someone else. He sees Willow hauling in some mushrooms she got. He approaches her.

“Willow?”

“Hello, Albert.”

“I wanted to ask you about something.”

“Is this about Nightingale?”

“No… I mean… Yes? It’s also about Wilson”

“Why are you asking me?”

“You knew about Nightingale. Even if Wilson didn’t tell me, you did. I need to know. Who is she? Why does Wilson hate her so much?”

“Nightingale, she’s the daughter of Maxwell and Charlie. She fell in love with Wilson the first time she saw him. You were there too.”

“I was there?”

“Yes, your father owned the theatre and would let you watch the shows without paying anything. So when Maxwell and Charlie worked there with Nightingale, that’s when you met her. But preferably, she considered you more like a Little Brother than just a friend.”

“Why does she hate Wilson?”

“I don’t want to say. Besides I’m not sure what happened. Wilson said she died so we left her here as we all tried to escape this place twenty years ago.”

“Twenty years ago?”

Willow just nodded and continued to put the mushrooms into the icebox. Knowing she doesn’t explain anything more to him. He sees Wolfgang. He approaches him hoping to ask the same questions when Wolfgang turns around the moment he’s nearby. He looks around. Wigfrid was staring at him but she looked back to the meat she was eating. Seems likes no one wants to tell me. Webber, Wendy and Abigail were playing around. Twenty years ago… They weren’t born yet. He starts heading over to Wilson’s tent thinking. Twenty years ago but Nightingale said she was dead for only ten years! Wilson, you better tell me the truth.

... Everyone is hiding something ...

• Like 3

Hey Guys! My sister made this Fanfic for me a while back. When my mind was hungry for fanfics and I wasn't really thinking of making one. My sister's fav character is Wendy which would explain some of the quotes...

(This has no relation to the main Fanfic)

Wilson and his Wolf part 1 (Don't Starve)

Wilson and his Wolf part 1.jpeg

This scene is where Wilson had to say goodbye to his loyal pet wolf. They were best friends.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When he shook hands with the trickster, Maxwell stole his companion. "He comes with the deal." He says, with that scheming smirk on his face.

Wilson had no choice. He watched Maxwell chain his best friend and drag him into the shadows from whence he came. Maxwell vanished, his evil laugh slowly fainted into the darkness.

"I will miss you dearly my friend ..." Wilson said as he was now alone in the cold, dark and misty evening.

Wilson and his Wolf part 2.jpeg

He trembled... shivered in the dark. From a distance he hears a faint noise, somewhat like howling. "The Hounds are baying..." he says. He knew exactly what was comming.

"It is getting closer" he whispers as the clanking of shackles become louder and Louder and LOUDER. Until... "They are here..."

He sees red devilish eyes, staring at him from a distance. There it stood, a creature, feirce from hell.

Wilson and his Wolf part 3.jpegWilson and his Wolf part 4.jpeg

Art (C) My sister, Vernalea

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Aundee-D-Cat said:

I know! I love her art alot! She also drew Albert a while back in Deviant Art.

Does she have a klei forums account?

Daaaw, his wolf looks like my Gizmo.:wilson_smile:

I'm kind of concerned with how much Willow expositied to Albert. Like she was being told a script.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I'm kind of concerned with how much Willow expositied to Albert. Like she was being told a script.

Willow: There was no script! Umm... Wilson! A little help over here!

Wilson: Just read this. In case anyone gets any suspicions.

Me: You two! Keep your mouths shut! You're going to spoil the rest of the story! Probably... 

• Like 1

Chapter 11 (Part 2)

Wilson?”

“Albert! I didn’t know your awake!”

Too obvious! I need to sound a little less surprised. Willow! We had an agreement. Wilson turns around.

Umm…”

Think Wilson! You’ve hiding these secrets for twenty years, don’t let them out now!

“I’ve been meaning to ask you something.”

“What do you want to ask about?”

“Regarding a few things, I dreamt about.”

“What things?”

“I had a dream a while ago about a younger me forgetting my memories. But someone tried to restore it.”

Damn It! Nightingale! I hate you! What am I going to say? He might find out.

“You better thank that person then.”

“That’s the thing, I don’t know who it was.”

Phew… If he found out but my powers. He’ll definitely want me to tell him everything.

“Oh well. Nevermind those dreams you’ve been having, they’re just dreams, our minds like to mess around with us a little.”

“Yeah… Wilson, you’re acting strange.”

$@&#! He’s getting suspicious. Find a way out.

“I’m not acting strange. This is my normal act. Everything here strange.”

“Stop with the Games!” Albert retorted.

“Wilson, you keep hiding things. Everyone is… Why do I get the feeling, I’m the only who is clueless about what is happening.” His tone becoming more and more impatient.

What am I going to do? I will eventually tell him everything. But slowly… If I’m going to say something now, It better not be here.

“Wilson…”

“Albert, come with me. Anyway the sun is about to come up.”

Before Wilson left his tent with Albert, he grabbed something. A syringe. Just in case.

Where are you two going? What are you going to do? Oh well, I better type the next part…

• Like 3