Secrets of the Higgsbury Family (A Don't Starve Fanfic) And FanStuff

Chapter 12 (Secrets)

“Wilson, where are we going? We’re really far from camp! We might not make it back before night falls.”

“Trust me. Where were going will be safe from dark. That’s the way father built it, anyway.”

“Father? He was here to?”

“Everyone was here twenty years ago well, most of them.”

“Twenty years ago? Wasn’t that also around the same year the accident at theatre happened?”

“Yes it was. Listen Albert, the entire camp was in on it.”

“In on what?”

“Keeping secrets.”

“Why?”

“I might have made a deal with them.”

“What your like Beanpole now?”

“Then! It was for their own good and ours. Everyone wanted each other secrets. You too actually. You were curious enough for all of it. And soon enough you knew all of the secrets of everyone and everything.”

“What so bad about that?”

“Knowing a lot of things is stressful especially when they’re secrets. And knowing Maxwell, he was interested in that. So one night after a fight I had with someone. After went separate ways, we didn’t realize. We left you there alone in the ruins. Maxwell took advantage of that.”

“How?”

“He tried taking the secrets from you. In the process, he erased your memory. Unfortunate for him. You hid the secrets somewhere. Nobody knows where, not even you anymore.”

“Well, why keep hiding secrets? I’m your brother.”

“Like he was…”

“Who?”

“No one… Don’t mind it.”

“Wilson, please.”

“Enough were here.”

A house appeared behind the trees.

“This place looks familiar… Looks like your house in the woods.”

“It does, doesn’t it? Anyways, I’ll tell you straight. You were born here which caused problems as well.”

“What problems?”

“One, you were, how can I put this? You’re a shadow.”

“A what? Aren’t those the things you see when you're insane?”

“Yes…? But they’re different from you.”

“How different?”

“Unlike you, their human side had died a long time ago.”

*Meow* *Meow*

“You brought the Catcoon?!”

“No. I could have sworn…”

Wilson grabs Quoth out of the backpack.

“This is one of the objects that keep your human side intact, or rather your sanity.”

“And?”

Wilson tosses Quoth up and had no intention of catching her.

“Wilson?!”

“Catch her, if you will. Or she might fall into the sinkhole behind me.”

Well… I have no comment... No offence @Quoth143

Naturally I'll be mad if my sister threw my cat into the air.

Edited by Aundee-D-Cat
  • Like 3

Chapter 13 (A Deal)

Hunter was roaming the darkness. She was looking for someone.

“Trader!”

“Yes?”

“I wish to speak to you.”

The trader comes closer.

“What do you want to trade, little girl?

“I’m not little!”

“What do you want? Did the boss send you?”

“I have my own interests. That doesn’t involve your boss or my king.”

“What interest?”

“I need answers.”

“What kind?”

“The king took my memories when I was little. I HATE what he turned me into. I lived for ten years not knowing anything.”

“Ah yes. I have what you seek.”

“Gimme!”

“Not yet. I need nine items. Before I give you something of higher value.”

“Alright, what do you need?”

“Riddle, riddle, riddle me this...”

“No riddles please.”

“Fine, I need nine items…

Flame...

A flower…

A book…

An axe…

Balloons…

The weapon and armor of the finest of warriors…

A sharp piece of metal…

And strand of hair filled with nightmare fuel…

“Consider it done.”

“You know where to find them.”

Hunter leaves. She casts her powers far. I can feel the slightest of movements in the dark. The slightest of sound… I always know where you are. Her senses make it to the camp. She finds the objects she needs but notices two of the items she needs were missing. In a matter of moments, she finds the other two. There?! I can’t go there! I have no other choice. The king will find out, what I did. How would I know I wasn’t supposed to kill spiders near that Stupid Flower! She gathers her sanity and breathes in. Just get the items you need, there is no turning back.

The hunter has returned!

I was too lazy to make a riddle...

I also noticed how fast this story is going... Can I slow it down?

• Like 3

Chapter 13 (The Hunt is On)

Willow lights up her lighter. Trying to raise her sanity a little higher. Webber and Wendy play tag around her. Wigfrid was sharpening her spear. Woodie chops the trees that he planted in an area inside of camp. Wes was having wound healed by Ms. Wickerbottom. Ria was outside staring into the darkness as if she was expecting something.

“Ria, what are doing?” Raven flies over.

“I’m not sure but I get the weird feeling something bad is about to happen.”

The leaves rustle nearby.

“Did you hear that?”

“Yes, I did. Hey, what are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be Quoth?”

“I’ll let Wilson go insane if he wants to go insane.”

“Go, your madness might rub off on me.”

“Fine.”

Raven flies off. Ria is left alone. Where was I? Checking out that strange noise. She approaches the area where she heard the noise. She sniffs the area. Someone was definitely here. She continues following the scent. Hunter. I have to get back to camp and tell Willow.

“Give me the items I need and I might not kill you.”

“Do you think we’ll give you the things of our survival?” Willow retorted.

“Oh well, Catch me if you can!”

Hunter disappeared. Willow feels a gush of wind come by, her lighter was missing. Soon enough Abigail’s flower missing. A book, Lucy, Wes’ balloons and Wigfrid’s helmet and spear were taken.

“I told you. But I guess I’ll spare you. Let’s see how well you survive without these!”

“After her!”

Raven could hear the shouting in the distance. She knew something was wrong. I’m only going to pass this off to Quoth. She flies into open window of the house. Quoth was not sleeping peacefully. It was more like she was hiding in one of the chests while Wilson was still up with Albert.

“Quoth. You in there?”

“Leave me alone! Wilson been playing around with me all day. Just to make Albert lose his sanity!”

“Quoth, I need to tell you something.”

“What? Make it quick. Wilson might find me here.”

“Ria said something bad was going to happen.”

“And you want me to tell those two?! I’m only assigned to one person Raven and neither can we talk to them, well not yet.”

“Anyway, I did here everyone else panicking back at camp.”

“What happened?”

“Hunter might have went there and stole their stuff.”

So, if I lose control of my shadow part. You're going to prick me with that.”

“Yes.”

They hear the attic window shatter.

“What was that?”

“Probably the wind.”

“I don’t think that was the wind.”

Yeah, that was definitely not the wind...

Hunter is faster than most. She doesn't use her speed if she doesn't have to...

• Like 3

Chapter 14 (The Hunt is On Part 2)

“OW! My hair…”

“Hey my badge! Where is it?!”

“Looking for these?” Hunter says.

Give that back!”

“Catch me!”

Hunter darts out. Wilson and Albert follow her. Well. I guess they care more about their things than I do. I guess a few of my Friends will want to have fun with them.

“I call my friends, the Shadows of Darkness to help me.”

Shadows appear beside her. You know what to do. They disappear. Not paying attention to where she was exactly going, she knocks into something.

“Where do you think you’re going?”

“Give us back our stuff!”

“Make me!”

Wolfgang swings his tentacle spike at her. She dodges. Willow tries to grab Hunter’s Krampus sack. She misses. WX-78 grabs her one arm and then the other but Hunter is persistent, she breaks free.

“Is that the best you’ve got?!”

Ria jumps out of the bushes and lands on Hunter. Ria pins Hunter to the ground.

“Get this beast off of me!”

“No, I think. We’ll leave you like that.” Willow says

“What?! Please!”

“What are you so afraid of it’s just hound.”

“I have personal reasons!”

“Tell us what makes you so afraid. Then maybe we can make a deal.”

“Enough.” A calm voice said.

Hunter’s afraid of hounds. They make her lose her sanity quicker than most. She also considers all the other survivors as hostiles or enemies.

• Like 3

Hey Guys! Just wanted to let you know that Season 1 is almost finished and I'll be moving on to Season 2 but it'll be in the same forum. No worries.

Chapter 15: Closure will be posted tomorrow and I'll probably try to come up with a name for Season 1 and 2 before that.

• Like 2

Chapter 15 (Closure)

It was like time stopped around me. Well, it did. I, Nightingale needed to do something. I needed to rekindle a bond I had lost long ago. This is why I had to stop time for once and talk. This spell was only temporary. I’m on the last of my strength. I have to make it worthwhile.

“What did you do? I can see...”

“I stopped time.”

“Why?! What do you want from me?!”

“Nothing, I just need you to listen.”

“Listen to what?”

“To me, Please.

I know you’re scared… I am too…

I know you want answers… Everyone does…

But this is not the way to find them…”

“It is not like you know anything. I’ve lived alone my entire life not knowing who my parents are and why they never came back!”

“I know what it is like wanting a family. You think Maxwell ever cared for me. And Charlie is always so busy I never knew her. I never knew them… I didn't know anyone...

I tried looking for another one…

And I found him… I found you…”

“What are you saying?”

“Come here, my little girl.”

“Mother?”

“Yes…”

They hug each other.

“This is good, now you're with me.

Nothing can separate us. Ever...”

“I’m sorry… I can’t stay…”

“Why?! I waited so long for the answers and you’re here.”

“I used most of magic to help you. I have to go if we are ever to talk to each other again.”

“I want to know… All of it…” Hunter sobs.

“You’ll find them. As I said once before, that’s natural Higgsbury curiosity. You have to find the answers your father for me okay?”

“Okay…”

"I'll miss you..."

Nightingale’s spirit fades away. Hunter was left alone. She sees her mother’s rose on the floor and picks it up. Time resumes its pace. Hunter is blind once more. I promise… I’ll fix it. Hunter drops the sack and says,

“Take it. I have no use for it.”

“...”

“Leave me alone...”

I’m ready… She felt a Shadow loom over her. She bows her head in silence and allows the Darkness to take her. Hunter disappeared leaving the survivors clueless to what just happened.

The sun rises to greet the first day of Winter.

Nightingale is out of the Game...

End of Season 1: A Hunter’s Song

Any Questions? I can assure you if you’re thinking about who Hunter’s father is. It is definitely not Wilson or Albert.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, minespatch said:

So... I'm going to say Jack and if that's the case, Wendy and Abigail have a third sister.

Why would Nightingale marry her Uncle? If Nightingale has been dead for ten years, and Jack shows up two years ago... I doubt that can happen. :p

The thought of Wendy and Abigail having another sister is nice concept. Is it okay if in another DS Fanfic I could try this but it is still an idea but I doubt I'll use it in the Main Fanfic.

Edited by Aundee-D-Cat
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Aundee-D-Cat said:

Nightingale is out of the Game...

Aw...

8 hours ago, Aundee-D-Cat said:

I can assure you if you’re thinking about who Hunter’s father is. It is definitely not Wilson or Albert.

Ok thanks gosh -u-; got confused for a second.

• Like 1

Prologue (Nightingale's Death)

A three year old winged Hunter was gently tucked into bed by her mother. Hunter was tired after a long day. Her mother was watching her the entire day while she skated. It was cool Winter. The fire crackles nearby. The warmth hugging Hunter as she tried to wander into sleep. Hunter’s wings curling around her.

“Mommy? When will daddy be back?”

“I’m not sure darling. Try to sleep.”

Nightingale sings a sweet lullaby. Hunter goes to sleep. Nightingale gets up from the chair. She walks towards the window and stares at the light of a half moon. A frozen lake reflected the night and illuminated the entire forest. Where are you? Our poor daughter worried sick, I am too. She hears howling in the distance. Hounds. They won’t be a problem. She walks towards the door that leads outside. I better make sure they don’t get too near.

Hunter’s catcoon wakes her up. 183, I mean Vern… What is it this time? Vern jumps off of Hunter. Hunter looks around. Where’s mommy? She gets out of bed. She looks outside. Mommy? What are you going? She opens the door. Vern runs off into the woods.

“Vern! Come back!”

Jeez! I’ve lost another catcoon. She walks out. She follows her mother into the forest. She hears howling but ignores it. She looks at where her mother headed but lost sight of her. She was familiar with the forest near home but she was not familiar with this part of the forest. She trips over something. She gets up and realizes a skeleton was grabbing her leg. She breaks the skeleton’s hand off. She was creeped out. It was as if the skeleton was looking directly at her. She backs up against a tree. The skeleton was moving towards her. Her hands looking for something to protect her. She felt a string attached to a bending sturdy stick. She raises her wing to protect her from the skeleton’s sharp bones. She swings the bow towards the skeleton’s head and decapitates it. The skeleton’s bones fell to the ground. She looks at the bow. She looks at the things around the floor and picks them up. I have a bow, arrows, a dagger… This person must have been a hunter. Better him than me.

“Die hounds!”

Nightingale swipes left and right trying to stab the hounds with her spear. Her spear red from the blood. Her dress ripped to pieces. Hunter hears her mother’s voice from afar. She runs to where it came from. She climbs a tree and hides. A pack of hounds surrounded her mother. Hunter had to do something. She takes the bow and an arrow and tries to aim. She sees a hound ready to pounce behind Nightingale.

“Mommy! Duck!”

“What?”

Nightingale turns around and sees the hound so she ducks. Hunter releases the arrow that flies directly into the hound’s chest. Did that do it? The hound is dead on the grass floor. Hunter feels something slice her skin on her chest. She feels the pain and collapses onto the floor.

“Hunter! You monster get away from her!” Nightingale shouts.

“Aww… Is it bad for a father to meet her daugher?”

“Not if it means killing your granddaughter that’s for sure.”

“This pathetic excuse for a Carter? She’s not dead, Not yet.”

“What do you want? Where is he?”

“Who?”

“My husband.”

“Him… Ah, yes. Imagining he would do anything for you and this rat over here, he struck a deal.”

“What deal?”

“That is none of your concern. Now the task at hand.”

A shadow version of Maxwell moves closer to Hunter. Nightingale tries to swipe at it but Maxwell held her back. The shadow was holding an axe. Hunter could barely move from the pain. The shadow gently lifts one of the wings and cuts it off. Hunter releases screams of pain.

“No! Stop! Leave her alone!” Nightingale hits Maxwell.

“You dare hit your own father!”

“I dare hit an old fool!”

Maxwell raises his hand. Ordering the hounds to attack Nightingale. Hunter watched as her mother died to the hounds moments before she was blinded and after her other wing was cut off, she didn’t remember anything but fear...

And starts Season Two…

• Like 3