A Couple of Questions

Hello again, I have a few questions i'd love to know the answers to if someone would indulge me. 

1) Regrowth mechanic -  Got somewhat confused reading the wiki and from what people said on steam, so basically if i harvest a carrot from the ground the game will eventually respawn one in the general area after around 20 days? 

2) Do Events still occur on offline mode? 

3) Is there a way to enable online Mode on a offline server? if so how?

4) Does the loot stash spawn in offline mode? if so if i don't find it yet after the first winter does it despawn?

Thank you in advance.

I can try to help you with a few of those:

Regrowth - Yes it exists for most things, carrots especially. I can go a few seasons with the carrot supply I have in my icebox from my bunny farm but usually during the summer I eat through my carrot supply and don't farm my bunnymen at all, when this happens sometimes I am forced to go into the birch biome nearby where carrots grow and search around for a few to start farming bunnymen again. Every year I will find a few carrots that weren't there last year.

Events like the Christmas one and the gobbler one should still work in offline as long as it's set to work in your world options.

The loot stash should also spawn, and from my experiences I only find it spawn in winter and it's either in a birchwood biome or the mosaic biome (the one with the rock den).

Oh so carrots do respawn., that's good i usually don't pick them as i like how they look on the ground. As for event's does Hallowed Nights also occur on offline mode? and by set to work do you mean set  at "default"? 

I never did find the loot stash on winter but i never did go looking for it as my first priority was getting a cane and just surviving, the only reason i asked was because i encountered some No-Eyed Deer's a few days before winter ended and was wondering what the deal was with their antlers. 

20 minutes ago, Rene Valionus said:

2) Do Events still occur on offline mode? 

3) Is there a way to enable online Mode on a offline server? if so how?

14 minutes ago, ItsPizzaTime said:

Events like the Christmas one and the gobbler one should still work in offline as long as it's set to work in your world options.

You can set one specific (maybe more? not sure) event when you create a world, however, future events won't affect existing offline worlds, if I'm right. So for example, you can create an offline world with the "Hallowed Nights" event and have candies, but you cannot use the skins that were accessible during that event and other events also won't happen there. 

About 3), I believe someone said earlier that offline world cannot be made online because of the Klei-user identification (?). I don't think there is any way to do it. 

You'll have the Loot Stash in an offline world just as in any other (I didn't test it, but it shouldn't depend on the internet connection). It will appear every winter, usually after the earth got snow-covered, and despawns when spring comes. 

4 hours ago, Rene Valionus said:

Oh so carrots do respawn., that's good i usually don't pick them as i like how they look on the ground. As for event's does Hallowed Nights also occur on offline mode? and by set to work do you mean set  at "default"? 

I never did find the loot stash on winter but i never did go looking for it as my first priority was getting a cane and just surviving, the only reason i asked was because i encountered some No-Eyed Deer's a few days before winter ended and was wondering what the deal was with their antlers. 

The antlers they drop are fake keys for attempting to open the loot stach, it summons Klaus.

Just to add on to what the others said.

The loot stash will spawn at the beginning of winter and despawn at the end of winter.

It will respawn the next winter.

If you have the winter feast event turned on the loot stash will spawn a few days into the game and never despawn.

It will respawn 20 days after it was opened with the event on.

Thank you for all the answers guys, much appreciated.

I have a couple more i'd like some information on,

1) Do Saplings "eventually" spawn on a Twiggy Tree world? I ask because in a Sapling world i always find a couple of Twiggy Trees growing but never any Saplings in a Twiggy Tree world.

2) Do Grass Gekkos respawn or reproduce? I once visited a rocky biome where a herd was "massacred" by Tallbirds 

3) A question on the disease mechanic, if i understand it correctly from guides/videos and what-not if i replant "all" my planted berry bushes/saplings/grass every 50 or so days it resets the timer thus preventing any of them from getting diseased? 

Thank you again. 

7 hours ago, Rene Valionus said:

1) Do Saplings "eventually" spawn on a Twiggy Tree world? I ask because in a Sapling world i always find a couple of Twiggy Trees growing but never any Saplings in a Twiggy Tree world.

If it's survival mode, no. You see twiggy trees in saplings world because they respawn from world regrowth.

2) Do Grass Gekkos respawn or reproduce? I once visited a rocky biome where a herd was "massacred" by Tallbirds

They don't reproduce but they have a low chance to spawn when you harvest transplanted grass if there aren't too many gekkos nearby.

3) A question on the disease mechanic, if i understand it correctly from guides/videos and what-not if i replant "all" my planted berry bushes/saplings/grass every 50 or so days it resets the timer thus preventing any of them from getting diseased?

It should work like that but there's a thread going on right now that claims this strategy doesn't work, so I don't know what to say.

49 minutes ago, Rene Valionus said:

Hmm i see., i'l be careful with my plants then. 

One last question, actually more of a need of advice... do you guys think my Bee Boxes are too close to my base?

7EC34481E6C25A5DD292CF9193955255BEC10860

No, they are close enough to be loaded but not close enough to attack, perfect

Well I'm going to ask a  question of my own 

first how far to beeboxes need to be to activate their default bee A.I if that makes sense. Because I had a warly run recently and it was close to winter so I wanted to plant the bee's far enough so that they could produce all year. The run is over so I don't have a picture of my map but I thought I'd ask.

Try to avoid planting flowers in your base or between the boxes and your base and the bees will have less of a reason to wander in that direction. Some people build fences around the boxes with an opening facing away from the base so the bees fly away from their camp. (Enclosing the boxes entirely doesn't work.)

You want bees to be close enough that you can often see them out of the corner of your eye, but still on the outskirts of your base. In my case my bee farm is separated from my kitchen and campfire by my culinary gardens and pig farm. If they are not close enough, they will not produce any honey and too close they will attack during the Spring. Additionally, I have found that if you build a wall between the rest of your base and your bee farm they generally won't bother you. If you employ this strategy, the bees must have a way out of the wall that leads away from your base, if they have no way out they will ignore the wall and fly right over it.

Edit: Ah sorry, Rellimarual. Didn't see that you said that already.

7 minutes ago, Rene Valionus said:

Thanks for the suggestion on using a wall to block off my side i'l probably end-up doing that, will wooden fences work just as well? 

Hay walls would do it, but use stone, it'll double as a deerclops distraction 

1 hour ago, Destros09 said:

Hay walls would do it, but use stone, it'll double as a deerclops distraction 

I have a separate area i'll run off to when i hear dearclops coming, more open no building except a firepit.

Btw do you know how often Meteor showers occur? I found the area where it occurs but it seems the world generator did not spawn me a single Meteor Boulder and also the wiki says "Meteor Boulders will only land in areas surrounded by other Boulders" and i'm slightly confused does this mean Meteor Boulders will no longer land if i mine all existing Boulders in the area?

Archived