[Suggestion] Abandoned bases, visual feature

My idea is to add visual effect for abandoned bases. For now once we find camp. we always wonder if someone uses it or not. Few indications of that are spoiled food in fridge, unharvested crops, wilted crops, unfueled flingomatics and so on. But how cool would it be if we could see entire bases covered in moss, completly abandoned, taken over by nature?

Let's say every object in the game would become covered in moss over time if not used by anyone. Unused campfire, science machines, unused tent, abandoned farms. Every object would have timer on it which would be reset each time someone uses it and start going from the beggining. So let's say after 10 days something starts to be covered in moss, after 20 days it's covered even more and after 30 days it's entirely covered in moss and plants. Such object would have to be "cleaned" with one interaction before it can be used again.

I think this would add a lot credibility to the world of dst, seemingly just visual feature.

I got this idea while watching snow slowly cover all objects and terrain, so I thought it would be possible to do similar thing but with moss etc.

I love this idea, it could be very useful for through the ages content. 
Structures that get covered by rust and moss over time if nobody use them, and maybe they would need to be cleaned in order to use them again, is a very clever idea that would help a lot to know if anyone is using that machine that you found in a public server with a lot of days

1 hour ago, Kittydub said:

I support, if the days are not as fast as the moldy backpacks for example. Everytime I leave my backpack for a fight with a Giant, I come back to that and it's very sad. Ten days sounds perfect! No more hiding in the caves during summer.. 

Or MORE hiding for a cool base ;).

Love the idea, also abandoned for too long bases (lets say 20+ days) should randomly spawn mobs, so cautions should be taken when dwelling in player-made ruins, who'd like to open that crock pot to instantly get bitten by an angry batlisk that nested there and pops out? or an angry pengull that made home in the fridge, and doesnt like to get his new house opened, and will come out to protect it...

On 20.09.2016 at 0:08 AM, ShadowDuelist said:

Love the idea, also abandoned for too long bases (lets say 20+ days) should randomly spawn mobs, so cautions should be taken when dwelling in player-made ruins, who'd like to open that crock pot to instantly get bitten by an angry batlisk that nested there and pops out? or an angry pengull that made home in the fridge, and doesnt like to get his new house opened, and will come out to protect it...

YES. I'd think spiders, most of the time. They're easy to fight if you know the basics of kiting, but make sense to nest in abandoned areas. Birds could have nests in taller structures like tents and science machines. And from an old wardrobe... KRAMPUS (because that's the closest I can get in the game to reference C. S. Lewis) :D.

Archived