Dragon Mage's character mods (WIP)

So I did a complete redesign of Ori's Forge skin along with in-game references and honestly? I really like the way it came out ^_^

20171111_195820.jpg

Hope it doesn't look like Pugna. I didn't look at his reference so I may have easily, unintentionally, stole some of his design ^^;

His staff is a light staff that contains Sein's spirit (if you didn't already notice :p ) idk if it'll be a physical weapon or a magical weapon but it's special attack with be to blind/confuse a couple creatures into targeting anyone, even monsters, for their next attack (only lasts for one attack though. Doesn't work on Boarilla or Boarrior for the sake of being too OP).

I could list outfit details (such as shoulder pads and hoof... spikes?) but I don't want to flood this post with a written version of the pic. I will point out that I kept one of the poses from the old design simply cos I liked it ^_^

• Like 4

10 hours ago, minespatch said:

Nice work with the body paint. The main cast had a subtle amount but since Ori is basically without clothes. So you worked with what you had.

Well U did take a bit of inspiration from Wolfgang and Webber who didn't whear a lot of clothes either. Also Ori has more body to cover (y'know, ears and tail :p )

• Like 1

FINISHED IT!

5a0aa8f21a454_ForgeOri.thumb.png.9c7f83f649dd6e44dcec807a997e25a6.png

(Open in new tap to see it fully)

And my new Forge themed profile pic:

5a0a7e3482a82_ForgeOriprofilepiccrop.thumb.png.860b511df93dc93af75e10ba315ce13b.png

I had to shrink it down and change the format ofcourse (now it looks like total manure -_- ) but it's better than before :)

Edited by DragonMage156
Added a bit shading to Ori's right leg
  • Like 7

On 15/11/2017 at 3:28 PM, DragonMage156 said:

I had to get cartoony flames from Google images since no one had a Forge flame background. Kinda sucks that the flame has a white outline :/

Speaking of a forge flame background, I didn't get one at least I don't think I did, and you know very well I participated in the beta, did you get one?

Edited by DatShadowJK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DatShadowJK said:

Speaking of a forge flame background, I didn't get one at least I don't think I did, and you know very well I participated in the beta, did you get one?

I actually have 2 oddly enough...

How do I trade weird double ups?

Seriously though, you could tell the devs about it.

Not really an update or a drawing of any sort, just a funny observation I made earlier this month and have been meaning to post about for a while.

Ok so first off, I have many Ori pictures as my desktop background and I was looking at my Ori mod drawings. Then a certain BG came up and it made me wanna compare the real thing to my drawing as I started to notice similarities:

comparison.png.309e5d12c60630cf1f929d25253e8771.png

I think I may have captured him better than I originally thought ^_^ atleast I won't have to worry about ever redrawing this portrait :p

• Like 7

Sorry for the double post but I finally got off my lazy bottom and made some progress on the collars. However I need your guys opinion.

What do you think for a thumbnail, with or without a title:

5a2fa4904e59d_petcollarsposterwBG.thumb.png.f5293964ba477f07def92ba29937b69a.png5a2fa494c8ee6_petcollarsposterwBGcap.thumb.png.7f4588eb79449361286576fa7d34f416.png

Also I'm gonna need Winona's quote for each pet since this was made before she existed ^^;

5 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:
  1. What do you think for a thumbnail, with or without a title:
  2. Also I'm gonna need Winona's quote for each pet since this was made before she existed ^^;
  1. Give a DS-esque border and leave it textless.
  2. Quote

CRITTERLAB = "Come on out, don't be shy.",
            CRITTER_GLOMLING = "You're pretty cute for a giant bug, hey?",
            CRITTER_DRAGONLING = "You're pretty swell, for a tiny monstrosity.",
            CRITTER_LAMB = "You're just a fluffball on legs!",
            CRITTER_PUPPY = "Pups love you no matter who you are.",
            CRITTER_KITTEN = "I'm going to spoil you rotten.",
            CRITTER_PERDLING = "Hey there, feathers.",

11 hours ago, minespatch said:
  1. Give a DS-esque border and leave it textless.
  2. Quote

CRITTERLAB = "Come on out, don't be shy.",
            CRITTER_GLOMLING = "You're pretty cute for a giant bug, hey?",
            CRITTER_DRAGONLING = "You're pretty swell, for a tiny monstrosity.",
            CRITTER_LAMB = "You're just a fluffball on legs!",
            CRITTER_PUPPY = "Pups love you no matter who you are.",
            CRITTER_KITTEN = "I'm going to spoil you rotten.",
            CRITTER_PERDLING = "Hey there, feathers.",

1. Ok. I mean need the boarder though ^^;

2. Thanks. Not sure if I can add name calling to most of those though but I'll see what I can come up with :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Can I get some ideas on what Ori's snowfallen skin should be? Or atleast some snow characters I can use for inspiration. I would go with the faun character from Narnia but... Wicker's already got a Narnia themed skin :?

I suggest either watching Rankin Bass's Jack Frost or The life of Santa Clause for winter creature designs. MAybe even some Brian Froud stoof.

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

I suggest either watching Rankin Bass's Jack Frost or The life of Santa Clause for winter creature designs. MAybe even some Brian Froud stoof.

I hope their not too long. If I'm srapped for time I could always use Google images instead. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

Ok I got some ideas here. Most likely will develop in the future but for a starting point/basic design...

20171220_223610.thumb.jpg.1e1bca0180f377b0960601b3e7f34c26.jpg

I wanted to do a purple-ish blue design since none of the current characters have that colour motif (unless it's on one of the unreleased skins :? )

Don't worry, his final design colours will look way smoother. I decided to try out the cape idea I scrapped in his Forge skin. Atm though, I'm just tossing ideas around to see what sticks and what doesn't. I briefly considered adding lil frozen points on his ears but idk how well that would work.

Also I know I could have made him an elf or something but I didn't really want to go in that direction. Elves can be an over used concept and overall just aren't my favorite Christmas characters.

• Like 2