PvP in PvE for Don't Starve Together announced as OPTIONAL

Don't Starve Multiplayer  

347 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a SEPARATE PvP mode?

• Yes there should be a SEPARATE mode for PvP only
    • No there should be an OPTION to allow PvP in PvE
    • There should NEVER be PvP
    • PvP is turned on in PvE ONLY When holding a bind key
    • PvP is ALWAYS on

Im sorry but this poll just confuses me :p . Maybe all this options should be on DST?... Maybe like in MC when theres no pvp for 10 minutes for people to gather resources but then its activated? Where would this option fall under?

The options are very clear. You either want PvP or don't. Based on the votes more people want PvP (friendly fire, team killing) as a toggle on/off option for PvE.

Personally I'd have one file to play together with family and friends, and another server to allow team killing for a bit of crazy player v player survival fun. Not as in direct combat etc...more like allowing weapons and traps to deal damage to another player but doing so to control important resources and parts of the map.

I was also thinking that it would be better to just incorporate team killing permanently in Don't Starve Together. This way it gives us a choice during gameplay to choose how we want to play. For example how we are able to target and attack pig followers or Chester in Don't Starve. There isn't an option, it's just there.

I'm in two minds about this now

didn't read it all(gods, it's long) but I think I have a fairly reasonable idea, which is, instead of having an option to enable pvp, there being a option to DISABLE PvP.
may seem a bit weird, but actually means a lot to me, since, in my opinion, PvP should be the default mode, but people who don't want it should also be able to turn it off

didn't read it all(gods, it's long) but I think I have a fairly reasonable idea, which is, instead of having an option to enable pvp, there being a option to DISABLE PvP.

may seem a bit weird, but actually means a lot to me, since, in my opinion, PvP should be the default mode, but people who don't want it should also be able to turn it off

I totally understand and agree.

By PVP is always on, I voted that players should be able to attack each other at any time. Don't Starve is a roguelike game where anything can, and should happen. It wouldn't be the same if you aren't constantly worrying that your alliance with another player could break at any second, and he/she may stab you in the back at any moment, both figuratively, and literally.

Looks like PvP is going to be optional. What are your thoughts on that?

Personally I'm very pleased. I feel as though we are open to different ways of playing together with others, all the while not actually being forced and having to put up with someone who is going to want to PvP.

With it being on/off you know you're going to have a game dedicated to ultimate teamwork with no "accidental" - "Oops sorry I didn't mean to hit you with my Blow Dart" *repeats* scenarios.

Looks like PvP is going to be optional. What are your thoughts on that?

Personally I'm very pleased. I feel as though we are open to different ways of playing together with others, all the while not actually being forced and having to put up with someone who is going to want to PvP.

With it being on/off you know you're going to have a game dedicated to ultimate teamwork with no "accidental" - "Oops sorry I didn't mean to hit you with my Blow Dart" *repeats* scenarios.

VERY UNPLEASED, RIP COMMUNITY

HUNGER GAMES THREADS INCOMING

I don't see a problem with hunger games rounds.

OBOY

I personally say let them have their fun, I mean its not like you have to play with them right?

I'm sure Klei knew it was best for the game to be forced pvp, but it was of better appeal to the community to make everything an option, even, dare I say it, permadeath. :^'(

I honestly wonder what JoeW meant by PvP/Co-op? Is JoeW saying that the option will be there to allow team killing/friendly fire in PvE or is he saying PvP will be a separate optional mode where we can choose to play it (optional part) and sort of have a frenzied Free For All.

I honestly wonder what JoeW meant by PvP/Co-op? Is JoeW saying that the option will be there to allow team killing/friendly fire in PvE or is he saying PvP will be a separate optional mode where we can choose to play it (optional part) and sort of have a frenzied Free For All.

There's no point in having a separate pvp mode. To me, he clearly just meant, one allows you to hit people, one doesn't.

OBOY

I'm sure Klei knew it was best for the game to be forced pvp, but it was of better appeal to the community to make everything an option, even, dare I say it, permadeath. :^'(

If it will make the game fun, I say go for it. It's a game after all, people should want to play it and have a good time.

I really think you're looking too deeply into this, it'll probably be a server option not too differently from the way world options are set up right now. However, in the case that you aren't,

post-221337-0-63350800-1402732071_thumb.

I was gonna blingee that ****, but I need to download add-ons or something. That ain't right.

If it will make the game fun, I say go for it. It's a game after all, people should want to play it and have a good time.

I guess. Maybe I think about Don't Starve too much like a piece of art. Would you rather have a masterpiece, or degrade the quality of the piece in order to appeal to the masses, you know?

I guess. Maybe I think about Don't Starve too much like a piece of art. Would you rather have a masterpiece, or degrade the quality of the piece in order to appeal to the masses, you know?

Again Klei doesnt actually have to listen to what the "masses" want. Even if you think its being degraded someone else will just think its more beautiful. Its all in opinion.

Also at the end of the day, Klei is a business. They need to make money. Listening to the masses would be at their best interest. But then again I personally don't think the games quality would be affected either way. Its a good game, with working mechanics and a dedicated team. As a game it works fine, as a work of art- That's another story dictated by peoples opinions and by opinions alone.

I've been an artist for years, and I the one thing you have to learn is that art is purely subjective, because some people wont like your art, no matter what you do or how hard to try to please them.

If you don't enjoy a piece of art, that's fine. Just also don't think that things will be ruined for everyone if something changes, it might be ruined for you, sure, but don't let that make you prevent other people from enjoying it. This can apply to everything, not just video games.

If you truly think that Don't Starve will become worse because of changes, fine you're entitled to that thought, and others may share it. Just don't go about ruining it for other people who do enjoy it or will enjoy it because of these changes.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”. ~ President A. Lincoln

Archived