Shower not using water and not produce polluted water


SackMaggie
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

image.thumb.png.6e1fc2fb7d65e21f76d59c68222beac2.png

As you can see in the picture dupe is using shower but not consume any water. Water in the pipe is not flow and source of water is blocked using empty bridge down below. Pipe is connected to liquid tank earlier but I notice no polluted water came out so I check it and took pipe off and put bridge instead.

Save file: Factorio.sav

 


Steps to Reproduce
Nothing just load the save you will see it.

Status: Fixed

This issue has been fixed in either a future version or updated in a previous version.


  Report Bug


User Feedback


A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.
.... .... .... ....

In my opinion polluted water cannot flow because you connect two outputs together between two showers, when you should only connect from an output to an input (e.g. from a shower to a pipe leading directly to a liquid sewer; ofc you can connect from or to multiple outputs and inputs, respectively). You also should avoid putting inputs to inputs directly, just create a main pipe with some junctions for the whole system. Maybe I am wrong, but that's how I create my pipe systems and it works without problems, also regarding showers.

The dupe should not be able to use it though.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
....

I have the same problem

Also check the output of sinks and lavatories, no germs!

20 hours ago, ThirdEye said:

Maybe I am wrong, but that's how I create my pipe systems and it works without problems

Have you tried this with the latest preview branch?

Edited by Neotuck

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
....
On 10/7/2018 at 12:21 AM, LTLking said:

Isn't that a good thing. ;)

No, considering fixed temperature output is one of the few 'official' methods of cooling.

  • Confused 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
....
40 minutes ago, TLW said:

No, considering fixed temperature output is one of the few 'official' methods of cooling.

The water coming out is hotter than than the base comfy temp of 20c. Anything that comes out of the shower is around 30-35(?)

However showers that do not use water is a good thing.
Hook up a pipe and you don't need to supply it. Yay. No water usage.

  • Confused 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
....

@LTLking - It's kind of hard to use PW->W conversion for cooling without a means of turning W->PW, and showers are up there in terms of how much PW they produce.

Edited by TLW
  • Confused 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
....

 

17 minutes ago, TLW said:

@LTLking - It's kind of hard to use PW->W conversion for cooling without a means of turning W->PW, and showers are up there in terms of how much PW they produce.

:wilson_facepalm:
As you can see in the picture dupe is using shower but not consume any water.

Yay. Showers don't use water. Yayyy.
No need to supply them.
Yay. That's a good thing.

ha ha funny. JoKING.

Don't be so serious.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
....

You can't connect pipes between machines in a line like that.  You have to branch to each one, otherwise if one starts outputting even a small amount of polluted water, as it flows past the output of the next machine, it won't output and stops working because its output pipe is not empty.  You have to branch the pipes and let them merge the smaller packets back together and keep the pipe at the output tile of the machine empty instead of always partially filled.

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
....
14 minutes ago, psusi said:

You can't connect pipes between machines in a line like that.  You have to branch to each one, otherwise if one starts outputting even a small amount of polluted water, as it flows past the output of the next machine, it won't output and stops working because its output pipe is not empty.  You have to branch the pipes and let them merge the smaller packets back together and keep the pipe at the output tile of the machine empty instead of always partially filled.

 

It does work in older version like that. Alpha version of the update.
It's just the new version.

Notice the dupes are taking a shower. Means the shower knows the water is there but the water is just not being used.
zR8Rihw.png

Edited by LTLking

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
....
2 minutes ago, LTLking said:

Notice the dupes are taking a shower. Means the shower knows the water is there but the water is just not being used.

It hasn't worked like that at least since CU.

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
....
23 hours ago, psusi said:

It hasn't worked like that at least since CU.

 

I haven't had a problem with it. I also don't sign into beta testing, only live branch.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
....
31 minutes ago, LTLking said:

I haven't had a problem with it. I also don't sign into beta testing, only live branch.

Me neither.  Been playing since CU and found it works this way and seen everyone on the forums saying it works this way.  I don't know if it used to work differently but that is how it has worked at least for the last 3-4 months that I have been playing, and not seen any comments on the forums indicating it used to work any differently.  In fact, I think the first youtube videos I watched before CU came out and I picked up the game, they said as much.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
....


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now