Duplicants freezing v234773

MidnightSteam
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Steam Fixed

Duplicants' animation stops completely and they won't move or budge even after falling.

Steps to Reproduce
Start a new game and dig a few tiles.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I found this after a guy of mine was repairing something. No matter who did the repair(I forbid the repair on the first stuck guy, then let another do it) they got stuck. I didn't encounter this after a game start, I got to cycle 78 and this happened after I loaded the game, meaning the first run I had no issues, this only started after I quit and had to load the save. I imagine the other guys saw this after reload too?

Edited by Edemkee

Share this comment

I have another version of the same issue, it seems like it could also be related to having something deconstructed that they are interacting with (the tiles below the dups in the pic below were being deconstructed) also had one stuck on a ladder that was being deconstructed.

I am working around it by saving and reloading. The dup then becomes unstuck (until there is a fix.) xD

dup stuck Capture.JPG

Share this comment

Mine didn't work when I saved and reloaded. Actually two dupes died when they froze and it looks like the rest are gonna do the same. The guy the rightmost was actually supposed to be deconstructing that tile nearby.20170928154922_1.thumb.jpg.094c934bd8be3e44dceb94c053ab5973.jpg

The Luckless Comet.sav

Share this comment

58 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Could you please try 234832 and let me know if you still see the issue?

It Works for me so far! Thank you

EDIT: It's still freezing for me. When they go repair something, for example.

Edited by GBwillys

Share this comment

image.thumb.png.6efc48d87850c89a77a8d9a766bc6712.png

Again frozen, again after reload, same save. Did you mean for us to try a new game with the new build(I have the new build according to the main menu)?

The action was repair again.

Edited by Edemkee

Share this comment

It seems to still be an issue with repairing but a bunch of the other situations should be fixed. Looking into the repair issue now.

• Like 2

Share this comment

10 minutes ago, MidnightSteam said:

Started a new game and no one has froze yet :D

Try to get them to repair something after you load a game(not start)

Share this comment

Still freezing for me, both old saves and a new game. not just after repairing things but they freeze after multiple different actions (building, sweeping, deconstructing, etc)

Share this comment

Loaded a save that used to work fine before patch, now I have EIGHT frozen dupes. They also gained immortality, one of them is standing in hydrogen, and has long since run out of breath but won't die, and another had its hp reduced to zero from scalding, but won't die either.

Share this comment

8 minutes ago, Daikataro said:

Loaded a save that used to work fine before patch, now I have EIGHT frozen dupes. They also gained immortality, one of them is standing in hydrogen, and has long since run out of breath but won't die, and another had its hp reduced to zero from scalding, but won't die either.

Its a superhero! XD Small Side Question: is there a way to stop the windows bar from blocking my game? Just curious.

Edited by Sapphira
Small question

Share this comment

I let your save run for a few dozen cycles and I didn't see the issue. If you have it happen again, could you please tell me what the dupe was doing?

Share this comment

After starting a new map with OI-234832 I haven't had any further issues regarding the dups freezing while interacting with deconstructing/constructed items.

i never did see the repair issues, that others have had.

Share this comment

On my old save, my guy successfully repaired the wiring then went on to do his daily routine, thanks! I'm considering this fixed, will let you know if this breaks again @Cheerio

Share this comment