All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with the stalking and impersonation. I agree that it's gone past the point of greifing. I just wish there was a way to help you and that these situations didn't occur in the first place. I just don't get it and it makes me incredibly sad. I have no idea how something like that could be proved by Klei without seeing it first hand, I don't have the knowledge set to even guess. In all honesty I could be talking with your impersonator right now if he chose to make this post instead of you and I'd have no clue. This breaks my heart and I hope they can come up with a solution. I do agree a permanent ID # attached to screen names would go far in determining who's who. Then the whole switch community could make informed decisions on who's the actual problem. I hope all this works out for you!
  3. making test worlds or rolling back for practicing a boss is entirely fine and there are no issues with that, that's not cheating, no one should care about if you learned to fight FW by spending 10 amulets in a throwaway world or rolling back or setting up a test world, that's irrelevant and shaming on people for that or trying to make it seem like something bad is odd so any boss that requires practice should get reworked? should all bosses just revive you and despawn after you die so rollbacks aren't needed, or should they all be extremely easy so you'll be able to do all of them 1st try and quit from boredom? getting a lot of stuff for practicing a hard and fun fight is boring and killing a boss 1st try is boring, so good bosses don't exist if you're playing without practicing
  4. My comment wasn't really about needing to gain experience to overcome a boss. It was a sarcastic remark implying firstly that criticisms of Crab King don't matter because you can cheat to get your resources back by rolling back, which enables you to retry over and over at no cost. Part of a boss's difficulty is how punishing the loss against them is. Rolling back until you can reliably kill the boss masks that difficulty and shouldn't be regarded as a part of the game anymore than mods are. The second part of my comment was implying that cheating the game this way will make a player feel jaded, which is meant as a warning. A player who does this may start to think thoughts like, "Why does Klei keep trying to make the game easy when I barely feel challenged?", "Why do people want a boss nerfed when I have to fight it while operating the mouse and keyboard with my feet just to keep it from being boring?", or "What does anything in this game matter if I can conjure an excuse to cheat gameplay I dislike?" Normally I refrain from using the C word to describe save scumming, as telling people they cheat implies they should stop and I don't really care if people save scum. I just don't want save scummers advocating for save scumming in defence of a boss. That should be the implicating evidence that a boss needs a rework and why I lampooned it!
  5. it isn't, claws' hp when playing without damage multipliers is the only issue, which is a number that could easily get changed subjective
  6. 1. Is starting from scratch a bad thing when the baseline is so atrocious? Sure, maybe the fights not AS bad as a lot of people make it out to be; you two seem to have it down pat after all; but it's still a pretty poorly designed fight at the end of the day. 2. Nah, the fights fun. I've done it a hand full of times myself. There are just a few things that don't really come across in that video, like ramming damage being based on speed, or destroying the imposing claws dealing damage to CK equal to their max HP. My only real problem with the fight ATM is the dependency on Canons and thus the Moon Quey. But if you can fight Fuelweaver without needing a weather pain or brightshade staff, then you can fight CK without cannons.
  7. isn't that the guy that said that a boy scout gaining sanity in forests is nonsensical and that walter is bad because that's apparently making him unplayable? why would you listen to him, assuming that it's just subjective stuff like "imo not fun", since i haven't seen anyone name any reasons except getting ice staves and weather pains and using them isn't fun even though it isn't required? i meant that people should start looking for better strats if the strats that they know are inefficient or not fun instead of complaining that's why i said that the community should get fixed instead of the game, people are using inefficient and unfun strats and complaining about them even though they don't need to, why not use oars and bees instead of ice staves and weather pains? why not use bramble husk/abigail/catapults/bramble traps/lure FW away from woven shadows, dodge bone cage and eat insanity food instead of using weather pains/brightshade staff, lazy explorer and nightmare amulet to not have issues with inventory management? why not use ice staves/a damage multiplier for lavaes instead of a wall? why not use abigail/moose/catapults/bramble husk/bunnymen/tentacles/merms/spiders/scare song/lunar fire/ignite all enemies nearby spell instead of pan flutes for BQ? both are bad, although old was better because it didn't require spending time on doing something extremely easy and boring, could've at least put something onto F button and went afk
  8. i'm not saying that she is better than maxwell, he can do the same as wurt but in way less time (he literally needs 5 seconds to summon his puppets) talking about bosses... i kill them slowly, but take in consideration that in two years i manage to kill fuelweaver and cc.
  9. It seems the skins are being sent out in a separate email and we are being told that those are going out next week.
  10. while that method is valid, i've seen online criticism for them for being unfun or too resource intensive from ppl like freddo films. and unless Klei fundamentally believes the crab king fight is necessary the way it is, if a majority of the playerbase doesn't like it and has valid criticisms of the fight then they should at least address these claims rather than "fix the community", which is a bandaid fix and won't change anyones mind. what is a necessary change or what needs to be accepted by the playerbase is debatable but should at least be accessed by klei. all the methods you list for toadstool, fuelweaver, and beequeen are literally the textbook ways that ppl do these fights. how is that invalid? almost every content creator, casual player, etc, uses those methods. it might be you in the minority here which is not a bad thing but i wanna put this in perspective. i can see if you don't like the new ag fight, but i can't see it being preferrable to the previous one, where the only thing you could do was cheese or go through an incredibly slow fight that requires a lot of speed boosts. but to each their own.
  11. Today
  12. Floracrane's Divebeak doesn't count as an attack, therefore it gains additional damage from lil' schemer perk infinitely, and you should not be able to dodge out of the stun after doing the attack because that enables spamming it. Example:
  13. 2024-04-26 18-35-07 - Trim.mp4 Cha cha real smooth PS. Bug report requires Oxygoen Not Included Logs, so I added them. Removing the requirement would be appreciated
  14. they should fix the community instead because people keep finding easy and unfun strats and complaining about them being unfun instead of trying to find better strats, i haven't seen anyone who tried fighting CK by rowing, killing claws, placing new boats and cancelling heal by starting to hold F at the right time/using bees and said that the fight is still extremely bad probably same people that get a lot of weather pains/glass axes and weapons that aren't ham bat for toadstool, use weather pains/brightshade staff, lazy explorer and nightmare amulet for FW, a wall and a pan flute for dfly and pan flutes for BQ as all characters new AG is extremely boring and the hardest part about the fight with low damage is not falling asleep, i'd cheese it if that would've been possible, would've at least got a few mins to do something fun after putting something onto F button
  15. I don't know what your talking about but there is still only 5 slots
  16. tbf your claim is also subjective but i see what you mean bro. however, when the majority of the playerbase hates a fight I think klei should look into reworking it. i haven't seen a single content creator or fellow player enjoy crab king before you. almost every boss tier list or ranking has crab king dead last alongside the toadstool brothers and malbatross. my experiences alone cannot define the entire playerbase but its clear to me that more ppl hate it than not. similarly, not everyone but the vocal majority of the playerbase hated the old ancient guardian fight and chose to cheese it over interacting with its intended mechanics. klei reworked it and now i don't see anyone cheesing the fight because its so fun and simple. some rework like ancient guardian would be nice; uses the original mechanics of the boss but makes them more fun and less of a slog.
  17. this is completely subjective, imo crab king is overhated and pretty fun once you learn to counter its attacks no offense to the mod creator but this fight seems atrocious, I know crab king has a lot of issues but this fight only fixes them by neutering the associated mechanics entirely
  18. seems to be caused by wilson's beard growing, probably crashes because of extra equip slots
  19. This is because the regular gourdos spawn much less often then the imbued guys in the later frenzy levels, I'm having trouble upgrading my gourdo gear due to this massive bottleneck. Can the drop at least be guranteed from the regular gourdos? Thanks!
  20. i don't know if this a bug or a feature, but when i use striker, and throw all the ball, and try to call it back after a dodge, the character just start to hump the ground. rotwood_strikerbug.mp4
  21. I can see your point. But isn't water/resource/labor management a matter of playstyle and difficulty/asteroid? It's not we couldn't afford an alternative for blossoms and wheat, use farm stations or spread different food types for duplicants to save water. The game throws enough at you. Also, I like to see my dupes working - it's cute and they serve their purpose: labour. Again, it's a matter of playstyle.
  22. is a boss requiring practice automatically bad? he's fun, assuming that you're rowing instead of freezing him and have enough dps to kill the claws, it's only an issue with how much hp they have if you don't have a damage multiplier https://youtu.be/14J6W_SWggc you can get a few bees to not need to do the heal cancel yourself and fight along with them done, but everyone think that weather pains and ice staves are the only way because they haven't tried rowing and getting minions for heal cancel those are the problems, although you can still use a few oranges without his stats changing and you can use blues instead of purples if you have too few purples and 2 yellows might've been viable if it wouldn't have been bugged why do people only try doing it using 1 strat and then complain about it not being fun? ice staves and bees aren't required it's not even remotely similar to CK, that's just another boss that isn't really related
  23. A note on this - the first time I've gone for these was on a baator map, and I got locavore before even properly spinning up the ranches, just from having dupes eat mush fries to tie them over. On the subject of meat farms - looking at the current options, I think it's possible and even desirable to stay away from meat-producing ranches. I still get meat from ranches that focus on resource production/conversion (dreckos, pufts), but on that baator map I'm in the middle of walling off and consolidating the base, and the hatch ranches will not survive the make-over. Pacu omelettes for everyone, until I secure renewable salt water, then mushroom quiche. I've been in the sludge-or-bust camp for distant planetoid/rocket food, but I might give the dehydrator a try if I manage to spin up mushroom quiche (and radbolt) production quickly.
  24. I think the weirdest thing about CK is that it really doesn't make use of any actual sailing mechanics. Sure, there are some strategies that utilize being able to attack while the boat keeps moving inorder to deal with the arms. And obviously the geyser attack is instant death with how many leaks it puts in your boat. But for the most part fighting CK legitimately just means standing in one place and using a ton of ice staves to prevent the geyser attack. It doesn't help that we got some new tools that would be perfect in the CK fight a while later with the Curse of the Moon Quey update. And you know what? sure, I can accept cannonballs just bouncing off him. Not like it would be the easiest way to cheese him anyways. But come on. Using bumpers to defend against the imposing claws would be absolutely perfect. Just direct any damage they inflict to the bumper if they grab one, and then deal damage to the boat if they break. But nope! The Crab Claws just instantly break the bumpers and go right for the boat. It's obscene. I miiight have mentioned this before, but @O_Atoba_Azul did God's work and reworked the CK fight to fix all these issues, turning it from the single worst fight in the game; bar maybe Misery Toadstool; to something genuinly exhilerating and fun.
  25. Before everyone calls this a skill issue for op, Crab King just isn't fun. Videogames are supposed to be fun. Crab King is similar to Bee Queen in the sense that cheese is the only way to beat the boss or with an obscene amount of resources. At least Bee Queen has great loot, replayability, and isn't such a drag to find and fight. Crab King has awful loot. I've legit neve seen anyone use the trident and for being such a difficult/resource intensive boss it's awful. The only purpose he serves is to fight another boss, which is something the shadow pieces suffer from but to a lesser extent. The two things Klei needs to fix or rework are: - Make the boss fun and make ways to beat it without cheesing or using a ton of resources. - Make other gem combinations besides purple viable. - Make the boss loot actually good and not just progression you need to fight another boss.
  26. Just practice the boss with rollbacks until you can't feel anything anymore, bro. /s
  1. Load more activity