All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. As stated in title, bristle blossoms, buddy buds, and sporechildren don't show that they're germ sources
  3. Wagstaff's blurr problem

I’m not going to watch those videos tonight, but I think that is a reasonable take. I would prefer if Klei focused on normal development and people who have disabilities use the mod that simply disables the blur. It’s a very small change, for a tiny portion of the population. I agree with it being a good strategy to accommodate disabilities, and that’s why I’m glad that it’s standard for PC games to support rebinding keys. I don’t think that it makes business sense to accommodate every disability, particularly sensory processing disorders that aren’t recognized in the DSM. It would be relatively simple to have an alternate overlay for Wagstaff’s blindness for Klei, but at the risk of splitting hairs, where do you think reasonable accommodations end? If a player gets nauseous from the autumn colorcubes, who is responsible for fixing that for them? Is it ethical to simply be reactive in accommodation or must Klei provide a massive amount of options for every real and imagined possibility? My biggest issue in this thread is a sense that Klei owes people changes in this case. It’s probably worth the time to maintain goodwill, and I expect after the complaints expressed in this thread they will, but I feel there is an undercurrent of entitlement that rubs me the wrong way. Klei has been fantastic with their support of DS and I feel a whole lot of people complain about trivialities here constantly. This sense of them owing a few people disproportionate amounts of time simply isn’t fair to the rest.
  4. Spider Monkey

Maxwell edition.
  5. While playing Shipwrecked, I found a blueprint for an Obsidian Machete. I used it, but did not learn the recipe. Since obsidian items are similar to Ancient-tier, I'm assuming that blueprints for them are unintentional.
  6. The thumper is an absolute beast at tree farming. As you said, it's basically a buildable bearger smash. if you plant trees in a square around the thumper, with the length being 5 in each cardinal direction, you can instantly havest 100-200 wood in moments. easily the fastest wood farming method apart from Bearger itself, and even then, the consistancy and safety of the thumper may push it above the Bearger
  7. Dust suggestion mk2

immunity is a good idea
  8. Vanilla pig house lights on during the day, kept on after night when I was present, and pig resident was out
  9. I forget sometimes how mechanically inept many people on the forums are, and have yet to find a short, polite, and effective way of saying: ”I don’t trust your opinion because you clearly don’t understand the game.” There’s so much wrong with that list that I don’t want to waste time going over it, and since it’s mixing DS and DST characters it’s even more incoherent. I will pick out a few particularly obvious errors: 1) *applied horticulture* is used to create sanity food for Wickerbottom, not that she remotely needs it to manage sanity. Birds of the world gives infinite food. 2) In neither version of the game are Max’s shadows used to fight 3) Wx being able to tank and ignore wetness damage is an example of how trivial his downside is and how ineffective it is at balancing out his many and potent perks Wheeler’s downside is unique because no one else has a different sized base inventory, and it works with her playstyle because she is built to find the resource you’re actually looking for quickly instead of wandering around the map collecting resources. Her skills as an explorer allow her to focus her attention and her limited slots demand the player do as well. Her dodge lets her safely get in and out of situations other characters can’t. You don’t seem to be able to see that, but I’m not concerned if her value and many potential uses aren’t clear to you. That means they’re not obvious to new players, not that they don’t exist.
  10. If a plant that has withered is refreshed by flingo, and withers again, flingo doesn't refresh it again
  11. Wagstaff's blurr problem

Just going to leave these here. It is absolutely within a paying customer's rights to request being given full service to what they purchased. Anyone who owns a copy of DS has purchased a license to play and use Wagstaff, and as such are entitled to get the full amount out of their purchase. Klei is not forced to make any changes, but alienating paying customers generally isn't a good business strategy.
  12. I find that every character that has his only upside a type of farming items buff to be kinda of boring. Webber has no other interesting gameplay aspect besides the spider stuff; He is cute, but that does not change the gameplay; The low sanity adds challenge, but is not a real perk; He gets even less interesting endgame after you get a bunny farm for food and your chest are already filed with silk and glands(also the bunnies can be used to farm silk and stuff), at this point with other players on the server you(me, at least) can start felling like you are not helping enough like Wolf with the DMG, Wig with the armor making and wick with the books.
  13. Wheeler Feedback

I finish Wagstaff in adventure mode, now I'm starting Wheeler's adventure mode (drops pew-matic gun)
  14. well considering nobody visits the actual "Suggestion" forum, I'd say it's fair.
  15. Wheeler Feedback

Well as long as Wheeler's dodge and gun aren't nerfed I don't mind whatever buffs she receives since like you said the other characters can do much more broken things such as WX being a god in hamlet and Wickerbottom and Wolfgang always being really strong.. Having less inventory space is a pretty big con and for most people probably makes her unplayable.. Also, her gun seems to become useless in the season of allergies always resulting in missing your target, so yeah she may not be the best character... Though, I wouldn't be able to have fun in hamlet if it weren't for her because all the other characters for me are just too boring and simple ! After playing for more than a couple hours there was moments which was very frustrating because of it ..
  16. A long time ago I tried to get the werebeaver to have more actions such as, shaving beefalo and pitchforking but the problem is that they're not inside the action picker and rather in componentactions.lua local function RightClickPicker(inst, target) if target ~= nil and target ~= inst then for i, v in ipairs(BEAVER_DIET) do if target:HasTag("edible_"..v) then return inst.components.playeractionpicker:SortActionList({ ACTIONS.EAT }, target, nil) end end return (target:HasTag("HAMMER_workable") and inst.components.playeractionpicker:SortActionList({ ACTIONS.HAMMER }, target, nil)) or (target:HasTag("DIG_workable") and target:HasTag("sign") and inst.components.playeractionpicker:SortActionList({ ACTIONS.DIG }, target, nil)) or (target:HasTag("hat") and inst.components.playeractionpicker:SortActionList({ ACTIONS.PICKUP }, target, nil)) or (target:HasTag("groundtile") and inst.components.playeractionpicker:SortActionList({ ACTIONS.TERRAFORM }, target, nil)) or (target:HasTag("beefalo") and inst.components.playeractionpicker:SortActionList({ACTIONS.SHAVE)}, target, nil)) or nil here's the code for terraforming in componenactions.lua for terraform terraformer = function(inst, doer, pos, actions, right) if right and TheWorld.Map:CanTerraformAtPoint(pos:Get()) then table.insert(actions, ACTIONS.TERRAFORM) end end, shaver = function(inst, doer, target, actions) if target:HasTag("bearded") and not (doer.replica.rider ~= nil and doer.replica.rider:IsRiding()) then table.insert(actions, ACTIONS.SHAVE) end end, so um, can anyone help me please? In game what ends up happening is that the beaver has the option to shave but he doesn't complete the action, he sort of just stutters and as for the terraformer, he doesn't even bother to detect turfs.
  17. I feel his overconfidence is evidence he's likely some sort of clone or hologram himself, and the real him is somewhere much safer. Further proven by the outerworld degradation.
  18. Today
  19. My Ideas For Game

Seems cool, but unlikely to be implemented due to the game being close to release.
  20. lol dude wtf. Although I like it, the name of this game isnt Slender Man.
  21. Is this a parody of endless forum topics arguing on and on about half-baked player suggestions?
  22. Wheeler Feedback

Yes, it is a powerful but so is (Wicker's books) (Wx-78's stats/speed) (Wolfgang's 2x damage) (Woodleg's in SW), if you think that these buffs are too strong then give her lower stats like hunger-125, sanity-150, health-175 As is the PEA-GUN is nearly useless, twig ammo only does 17 dmg whereas a basic spear does 34; The ammo will have to change if the damage is 50 (only rock/sharp related ammo, like stingers) also a minor tweak I would like to have is 10 instead 6 max ammo. The Navi-gadget is nice but is only useful early-game (it's fine as is) Dodge is *VERY* situational (fire immunity better imo) Really? you didn't notice that 1/3 of your max inventory is gone for hours!?!, that 1/3 is for your basic resources meaning she has to frequently go back and forth to empty her pockets more so then others. 5/10% speed is barely anything, besides 25% works wonders early-game (as a explorer who travels light), remains useful late-game +1 extra swipe plus dodge ability for combat and to top it off she can uses items that usually slow you down (-5 speed while wearing marble armor instead of -30). Bottom line, Wheeler's pros are weak and don't make up for her downside (I honestly think Warly/Willow heck even Wes are OP compered to Wheely)
  23. Cold CO2 vents are the only ones that you can just straight up ignore the presence of, it can be in the middle of my base with unsuited dupes running around, it has no value and doesn't even work as an obstacle. Certainly can't cool anything with it. The hot vent is a little more dangerous but equally useless.
  24. silly drawings i make

wendy's doodles
  25. Maxwell Memes: The Sequel

The one and only.
  1. Load more activity