All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Firstly, you're missing hand sprite 18 and 19. Secondly, your torso sprites are saved with a bit depth of 8. The autocompiler can't compile images with that bit depth. I recommend exporting them again, maybe with a different art program.
  3. What if they followed enemies? (either by just moving across the ground or popping in and out to stab the enemy)
  4. I was at work and I missed all of this, I don't mind though. To put it back on topic in a way; I wouldn't mind if people I played with used cheese. I'd probably take the stance that it's a bit much to impose a certain playstyle on someone, regardless if you're hosting a server or not. However, if you're someone who doesn't like people doing things you think they shouldn't, a good general rule is to temper your expectations. If you're the host, I guess if you can kick and ban - but, again, I'd probably just try to not put my expectations on others (Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying you can't be frustrated or prefer people didn't do a thing) but it's a multiplayer game, if I wanted obedient robots i'd play with AI. Just my take, don't eat me pls :'( Say this happened though - I wouldn't mind, the only irritating thing I find is when people come up to you like 'I GOT YOU A BONE HELM!' That's lovely, and I kinda appreciate it.... but I wanna participate in my own loot haha, I generally just thank them, tell them they've earned it and when the boss is up next say i'm gonna go for it. Does that mean I get next 'dibs' on fighting the boss my way or with my preferred amount of people (NOBODY! >:) MY LOOT), nope. I might turn up and people follow or are already there - it is what it is, it happens. As for cheese in general, I just don't mind haha. I don't have that deep of a thought on it really.
  5. When Weremoose charges to the entrance of Arena of Ancient Fuelweaver, it sometimes gets stuck at entrance.
  6. My only main point is that fighting on boat should be more than tanking as a reliable method. The rest of my op is solutions to that problem. I hope this summary helps.
  7. Today
  8. sorry but all I'm reading here is you find boats unplayable because you can't abuse every monster with walls
  9. Yeah, equipment with lower status becomes less attractive when we get other equipment with absurdly higher status!
  10. Try playing with predictive disabled, playing with predictive that makes it recognize the input immediately and makes it look like there's no lag (even though it's not the case) normally playing with the default settings (predictive on) does that... In the same way I play in dock, Handheld or with a wired Joystick but it's the same... And even though I used to have another Switch that I never put something weird in and still had the same input lag, I refuse to think that I'm the only one considering that this is also commented on other forums and Instagram... Are you sure you play with predictive disabled? And good morning
  11. When you upload your mod using the mod tools there should be a "preview image" file you can upload. Wait a second, isn't that mandatory? Maybe the one you upload is corrupted or not in a supported format?
  12. I already love my club as its a great pseudo walking cane, something that isnt guaranteed on fuller servers, but Id love a durability buff. 400 is a bit high, but still within reason imo as it is ruins treasure. No longer lategame since the rifts but still deserving of being superior than surface gear imo especially with there being a limit to thule (Yes, regeneration, but that can open rifts now, and gets you a better weapon)
  13. The boat is designed that way to accommodate multiple players, also for the reworked sailing, since the shipwrecked "sailing" was walking with extra steps. Concepts look fine and I am all for the ocean having... anything really, more life in it would be nice, though the sting ray one could have issues with the shadow not being visible with the clutter boats usually have.
  14. Like Terrorclaws? Do you like terrorclaws, or do you find them a fun enemy?
  15. I quite like the conclusion you came up to. This is my headcannon until something dismisses it
  16. I have such a problem that in the steam the mod icon is indicated like this: this is related to files modicon.xml and modicon.tsx? or is it related to something else? I don't understand how to edit the mod icon in the workshop. Anyway, sorry for the stupid question.Please help me
  17. I've had luck with the walking cane equipped just hitting them once , then quickly run to roughly where you want them to relocate . Once they de-aggro they don't quite walk back to where they were , repeat one or 2 more times and usually the herd will be a few screens away from their original spot. I had the same problem as you with red ass beefalo killing my bees.
  18. All of these are with Hamlet in mind: •Hedges in the decor tab for some more plant like walls •Stone road turf. •Honey chests. (I quite like the idea of sidegrade storage like this and salt box being good in one area. Niche but i think its neat) •All of the crock pot food. I love cooking in this game. The more the merrier •The rainforest and tea trees. Theyre beautiful •Wishing well
  19. With respect to modders, there are no better don't starve together developers than the don't starve together developers. No matter how deep the understanding any of us have of the game, we didn't make it and not even a lot of modders are qualified to make a game of their own. Just because a modder can do it doesn't mean klei can't do it better and faster. You can't ignore or dismiss what people are willing to pay for hamlet in dst in whatever form. The hamlet mod is in such a delicate place. All the authors are busy with real life and none of them are seeing a dollar to their name with the work they're doing. The project isn't their main priority and if it were, they would be starving in real life. NOt just in game. The difference between klei introducing hamlet assets or the whole game in some form is that when klei works on the game, they keep the lights on, they put food on the table, they put their children through college. Modders don't have this luxury.
  20. Thanks for the video. It's very clear that there's a huge delay, but there were also times were it was fine, right? I only ever see that type of delay when I'm in someone else's world, and there's a lot of latency. I've never seen that when I host. I have no solutions for you. If it were me, I'd try docked, try a different controller, try a different switch, try offline mode, try online mode local only. I would also test if it's just the stick or buttons as well. Just to see if anything changes anything. For anyone wondering, he's able to let go of the stick and continue walking for about 1 to 2 seconds. So there's a delay between stick input and movement. I don't know if it's a comforting fact, but I don't know of anyone that has your issue unless they're playing in someone else's world and the latency is very high. Sorry you're not able to have a good experience.
  21. no one probably would since we're likely to have a H mod for DST in a few years if not less
  22. Hamlets probably overall better than dst as well. Its just that dst has more content and content updates.
  23. would it be better if mobs just bite your boat not jump on your boat then hit you
  24. I want hamlet in the game because locking it to single player was the greatest disservice done to it of all time. Leaving it in singleplayer is basically leaving it to rot. Let me pull up some numbers Single player don't starve has been on a downwards trend since 2015 when it was at it's peak. After the release of hamlet, Don't starve never reached it's all time peak, not even half of it. It was doomed because it was released on an underdeveloped platform. Don't starve together has been trending upwards with it's all time peak being around this time last year, however since it's peak, it has clearly been trending upwards as show in the red circle here. Hamlet is a victim of lack of exposure and general stagnation of having no company to play with. It's setting of economy and dungeon diving would be at home with multiplayer. Anyone who has played it will see so much attention to detail with the mobs and structures native to hamlet. Hamlet was sadly a bit rushed and I truly think that Don't starve is an abandoned game. It is dead. There is little profitability to be gained from singleplayer and the community has quite clearly shifted to DST. When people say "Single player games can't die" why I don't think this is true, is because of community and their interaction with the franchise. All the entertainment that exists for DS/T is reserved all for DST. The general merchandising has rewards tied into DST as a game, Skins, Viewership on streaming is heavily favored to DST, Co-current players, not to mention intake of new players. As a game, Don't Starve is also dated. So many sprites in that game aren't HD and are pixelated as hell, all the while, DST is adding new sprites to the HD repertoire. Hamlet is too nice to just sink on the Don't Starve ship. Everything about it. The ambience, the looming threat of danger with the promise of adventure and most importantly, Hamlet's pace. Hamlet has such a fast pace of play and the legwork of it all can be done in a single season, leaving for a lot of the core base building and city planning being accessible within the first 20 days if you're a rusher. With DST, too much of the game's progression within a run is locked behind perhaps 10 hours of play. So many of hamlet's features should be added in game.
  25. The thulecite club is not a bad weapon in a vacuum but it has always had issues finding a place within the larger sandbox of DST. While it deals higher damage on average than even the dark sword, its steep cost (requiring the same number of living logs as 3 dark swords, in addition to costing thulecite), the fact that it can only be crafted in the ruins (making it inconvenient to craft unless you specifically plan for it), and the unreliability of shadow tentacles mean that at all stages of the game there's pretty much always a better alternative between the ham bat, dark sword, morning star, and now the new late game weapons. In my opinion, all the thulecite club needs is a durability buff from 200 to 400. This makes perfect sense in-universe as it's made of thulecite (obviously) and its armor counterparts have some of the highest durability in the game, so it's really odd that the club has only slightly more durability than a spear (in fact, it used to have the same durability as the spear until it was buffed to 200 uses a long time ago). This would also give it a unique role within the DST weapon sandbox; while its damage wouldn't be as reliable as the dark sword, you'd overall be getting more bang for your buck for the living log cost, you wouldn't have to carry so many dark swords (or materials for dark swords) around, and it wouldn't face the same spoilage downside as the ham bat. It would also be very useful for some early game bosses as characters that don't have damage multipliers, as a single thulecite club would be enough for most of the bosses (with 2 being enough for even toadstool). This would make it more of a ham bat competitor that dishes out more damage but you have to go out of your way to get. There's also an argument to be made for making the shadow tentacles start attacking sooner (for more consistent damage) and remove their sanity drain (so they don't feel like a detriment)
  26. I'm surprised nobody here mentioned the teleportato. God, what I'd do to have something that in the game. Instead of having to start from scratch every single time I'd want to try a new character or I got bored with one of my current worlds, I could just take the stuff I'd need for my new home while still retaining the recipes I'd learnt that run. That way, when I get into the next world, it wouldn't take me long to set up a base or even spend extra time exploring the map for resources, which would allow me to get to the fun stuff faster (Cave exploration, fighting raid bosses, beefalo taming, etc.). Heck, I'd even take the teleportato over the celestial portal if it meant one of them had to go.
  1. Load more activity