All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yes, Xbox & PlayStation can confirm, but.. lureplant blocking wasn’t an intended ability, so it’s not that game changing, and as long as Klei continues to add new weapons, armors and structures, there will always be new ways to tackle old content. I remember a time where marble Armor cost 12 marble, now they only cost 6.. that’s 2 marble armors for the original price of 1. I think that the Brightshade staff is a little bit too late game to be a valid tool for use on AFW, and I would suggest Klei to buff either the Boomerang (to bounce between targets like the BS staff can) or buff blow darts so they can hold more ammo. Lureplant walls aren’t the solution, buffing underperforming weapons and armors are the solution.
  3. Today
  4. I got a workaround for this after we built the thing in our world: 1- Place them where you think they'd be needed. 2- Proceed to never use them again after seeing they cause more harm than good. 3- Have a fridge full of thermal stones so you can just swap out when needed, like we already did before the eye crystalwhatever. 3.1- Use a cold fish if you're Wurt.
  5. You both are confused. Hornette is right. Thermal stones (and presumably furnaces) behave differently in different seasons. Ever notice how a thermal stone in the ice box in winter is less cool than a thermal stone in an ice box in summer, or vice-versa with thermal stones next to furnaces? I think it's the same for the starcaller, too. The star warms you quicker near the crystalizer than far from it.
  6. That video is mostly factual, with my biggest complaint with it being certain phrasing, such as acting like it's a bad thing that Wurt sucks. She's definitely not a tryhard character, more of a roleplay or challenge character.
  7. Yesterday
  8. Definitely possible without rift drops! But let’s be fair, AFW is not easy on Switch. . Agreed, Wolfgang is the way for bosses!
  9. planar would mean basically nothing for crab king because he can't even directly damage you
  10. I personally stand by the tactic of having fire nettles around to keep you warm during the frosty summers. If I were to weigh in on a solution, I'd get rid of ambient temperatures on thermal stones. You can't super heat thermals mid summer because it becomes "room temp" Pretty stupid if you ask me. If you could have thermal stones function according to true temperature, having it glow red when 90 degrees and above and below 0 having it be frosty, you could use it during summer to stay warm within range. I've found solutions to ice crystaleyezer personally, but it's too easy for me to say as I play wigfrid and more or less ignore weather damage or starvation damage. I wouldn't want the whole super freezing to go just because, but I'd like some solutions to be discussed
  11. What happens if I buy a packet from the store that contains a character I already own?
  12. In the last playtest I got through the Gourdos with a different weapon, was a close fight but I managed alright, nothing felt unfair. Now with the striker's base damage and slow, inconsistent attacks, it's maddening trying to out-DPS the stupid seed's healing. It's impossible to land fast, consistent focus hits on it with the Gourdos jumping all over you, so any time you deal damage to it, it just heals back to full right after. I almost couldn't believe what I was seeing. I didn't even bother trying to finish the fight at a certain point, I just let them kill me.
  13. it's easily possible, keep practicing not really, wolfgang is better regardless of platform because the fight'll be roughly x2.6 as short
  14. Everything the guy says are pure facts not an opinion. Wurt is indeed a fish.
  15. Will the game have other languages such as Brazilian Portuguese?
  16. Walter is good for killing CC on switch. Night armour, thulecite crowns and darkswords for first 2 phases then slingshot with thulecite rounds for phase 3. CC is a pretty chill fight when using Walter tbh just abit long. Bad thing is the quest line for CC is so long compared with AFW. Ancient fuelweaver is nigh impossible without brightshade staff. So after CC l I switched from Walter to wolfgang then melted him with brightshade gear
  17. As you all may know, dst pvp is infamously horrendous. The game is simply not build for player to player combat. Player's attack speed is too fast - making kiting horrible. Every hit causes stun - making tanking horrible. You can't attack and move at the same time - making chasing horrible. And players have equal default speed - making escaping also horrible. The only way to make the fights bearable is to have a support tool that either increases your speed, has more range or straight up just stuns your enemy, and neither feel fair. Well, i can go on and on about all the unfair items, unfair perks, cheating mods, massive advantage of joining earlier, and hundreds other problems, but you probably get the picture, hence why you stay away from pvp. Despite it's massive issues, I've always found pvp to be charming in it's own way, and I've spent a decent portion of my games in pvp worlds, and since the classic pvp is rather frustrating at times - naturally, I tried all the pvp mods I could find. Hunger games - a heavily moded battle royale event, that is only available few times a week on one specific server. Warsack - an attempt to make a dst moba, that bit more than it could chew and got abandoned. And of course, a bunch of other random pvp rebalance mods. They all share the same core problem as default pvp however - combat just sucks. But, there exist one very fun, but rather obscure mod that proved it: Dst pvp CAN be great. Introducing DeathMatch: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=3216477405 created by @Electroely deathmatch is a mod I've never heard of, untill a random guy invited me to play on his server. And I instantly feel in love with the gameplay. The premise is extremely simple: battle royale on a small arena using (rebalanced) iconic forge weapons. Usual pvp servers are never about combat, but rather about managing time, and trying to horde as much combat themed crap as you can, before your opponent does, and then throwing it all at other players in hopes of stunlocking them to death. So, kinda like what you do outside of pvp too. Deathmatch however, feels like a proper fighting game, everything in it is focused entirely on combat. Instead of collecting overpowered items your enemies don't have, everyone on deathmatch is equal, and the thing you rely on to win - is predicting your opponent, aiming your attacks, and dodging your enemies. Most weapons have negative frames - a little time period before and/or after using weapon's special move, that leaves you vulnerable. Understanding these frames, knowing how weapons interact, and timing your choices accordingly is what makes you winner here. However, learning most of these is relatively fast and simple, especially if you've played forge or reforged, as the game only has 2 classes, with 4 weapons each (+1), and the character choice is purely cosmetic. Simplicity is definitely a plus! Another fantastic mechanic DeathMatch has is random buffs, usually located at the center of arena. These range from giving you armor, damage, speed, healing, resetting cooldowns, or even giving you a powerful one use range weapon. Not only is this a healthy amount of rng, but it also encourages aggressive playstyle, as fighting for these buffs will usually result in your victory over that one coward hiding in a corner during whole match (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE). High risk - high reward. And if it's the variety you want, dm players are given combat skill tree, with 3 branches to choose from. Cooldown, damage, and a sub-class option that focuses on the 9th weapon. You can probably tell this already, but I am passionate about this project and wish more people could play it. Advertisement is very important, and if at least one future fan of deathmatch will read this, I didn't write this post in vain. However, it would be unfair not to mention the flaws of dm as well. Despite being a masterpiece, Deathmatch suffers from 1 core problem of pvp or dst in general, even more so than the classic - ping advantage. While it is definitely possible to outplay even admins by simply being a better player, if a stronger player has a great ping - you're out of luck. Also, playing with high ping will not give you the satisfaction of a fast paced combat you'd experience with less lag, and nothing is more frustrating than failing to do something you want simply due to lag. And while not to the same extent as in classic pvp, loosing in deathmatch can feel very frustrating, and I had friends unfortunately give up on the mod, before having a chance ro learnin the basics. Lastly, the mage class was introduced years later, and is not as perfectly crafted, and all around balanced as the warrior. Some moves feel too powerful, while others extremely underwhelming. Some times you feel unstoppable, and others you wonder why this garbage class even exists. I'm still unsure how I feel about this one, is he overpowered? Is he underpowered? No clue. Anyways, DeathMatch is my favorite fan made dst event and I really wish it would get recognition it deserves, which is why I choose to share my feeling about it with you all. Even if you think pvp is not your cup of tea, give this mod a try! Invite a few friends or strangers and have some fun ducking it out! Mod link is above, you can learn more about this event in the description, or when creating a world (top right corner question mark is a guide, I wish I'd notice it before learning 95% of the game on my own). Thanks to @Electroely for all the time and effort he put into making this mod, I am having a blast with it! And thank you for reading. TLDR: noone wants to play a pvp mod with me (because I kick ass), so I'm trying to get fresh meat.
  18. Hey everyone, slight change of plans. We've been getting some incredible feedback from Early Access players, and would like to postpone the Rotwood dev stream to focus on that first. We will be sure to let everyone know the new stream date as soon as we can. Thanks!
  19. Just swap eyebrella for beefalo hat while in base. Seems like Klei doesnt wanna make vanilla summer too easy without some sort of compromise.
  20. Being completely honest, she feels like Wilson that can hire with better pigs. The downsides and upsides are not relevant enough in my opinion, I'm waiting for the skill tree to add something to the king buff. Stats increase is irrelevant.
  1. Load more activity