How do I use Meteor-scanners and Rockets?

After a while into getting my space base ready, bunker doors, auto miners, scanners, all that, I am making rockets of course. Clumsily made, but I want to start making more dignified designs. For that I want a Bunker door, defending my rocket silo.

Since all Timer sensors can't even count for so long, I got to use Meteorscanners made to target rockets, which I... assume detect rockets when they return? I don't know and thats why I ask you guys for help on how to use Bunker doors. And how I should place the Auto-miners to get rid of the debris on the bottom of the rocket without manual input.

Help

Yes there are timer sensors that can count that long, but it's a mechanical clock.

Using a silo, you will not need to clear the bottom. The rocket will do it.

I just started on the test branch, so I'm still working towards rockets / using scanner detection for them.

I will say, using meteor scanners, you will want at least 40 seconds of detection time so your bunker doors can open / close on time. If you want to be accurate with a scanner network, you need to have 100% signal strength, and use clever automation to make sure things open 160 seconds after detection.

For now See this :

And this :

2 hours ago, Alfons100 said:

I got to use Meteorscanners made to target rockets, which I... assume detect rockets when they return? I don't know and thats why I ask you guys for help on how to use Bunker doors.

The meteor scanners can detect rockets but in the current live version they detect it too late to open the doors in time. In the preview they do it up to 200s before based on scan quality (like with meteors) but there`s the problem that with doors closed during a meteor shower they might be too late again.

Water clocks seem to be the most fail proof way of opening the doors unless you want to do that manually.

2 hours ago, ruhrohraggy said:

Using a silo, you will not need to clear the bottom. The rocket will do it.

Only downside here is that I have to fully fuel my rocket before opening the bunker doors.

6 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

The meteor scanners can detect rockets but in the current live version they detect it too late to open the doors in time. In the preview they do it up to 200s before based on scan quality

But you can turn the idea around: Just allow rocket starts based on a clock so that your rocket will return in the peace season.

[It´s always 10 cyces meteor season and then 4 cycles peace season]

=> A meteor showers duration is 400s max, so you should always find a launch window each meteor season

6 hours ago, ruhrohraggy said:
9 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Only downside here is that I have to fully fuel my rocket before opening the bunker doors.

Why is this a downside?

It´s an added condition, so there is no chance to call it a benefit.

(An entombed rocket can still launch, but can´t be fueled)

49 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

It´s an added condition, so there is no chance to call it a benefit.

(An entombed rocket can still launch, but can´t be fueled)

More of a trade, you don't have to use miner robot, plus, the way my automation works, fueling before liftoff is required, since it's the rocket automation that sets off the rocket launch sequence...Which is kinda neat, tbh.

Archived