How they did a 9:22 Rhino Run

WesleyT245

I've found a 9:22 Rhinocebro run online. This was before animation canceling was "patched"

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av36598942?from=search&seid=13560959791771912363

Few notes:

bilibili.com is basically China's Youtube

饥荒熔炉 means "Famine Furnace," which is basically Forge.

I tried to find this footage to see if they had any other strats besides rapidfiring scripts... but their entire strategy revolves around rapidfire.

-They saved a Snortoise to rapidfire on boarilla

-They had one Woodie take Blacksmiths' Edge and take aggro of both rhinos, while everyone else rapidfires like crazy. Didn't even try canceling buffs.

-Only actual strategy not based off rapidfire is Woodie running the boarrior's fissures.

Take what you want from the footage. The strats used, the extent of rapidfire, their teamwork. I'll try to find a swineclops run as well.

I'm the video's author and we did the 9:22 run.

First of all, we want Klei to fix animation canceling totally, but before that, we have to use scripts and macros because we want to keep the first place on the leaderboard (It doesn't make any sense, though).

We did a 10:37 run (which was the first place on the leaderboard) before the 4 new equipment unlocked with manually 2-strafe (I don't know how to say "click quickly between two enemies") and stutter-step macro (which almost everyone on or not on the leaderboard are using, just record FSFSFSFSFS). If you think you could, then why you didn't?

Until then, I thought it was relatively fair because the macro is so easy that everyone can write one, and the leaderboard look "normal".

However, another team did a 10:51 run and took the third place on the leaderboard without any strategies but only their own private script (which can automatically find nearest two enemies and do extremely fast 2-strafe), you can see it on this post

Besides, at the same time, someone uploaded the cheat forge mod to the steam workshop, and the second place team (which was 10:40+ followed us) used it and reached a 10:10+ run and took the place of us.

OK, until this time, I was enraged completely and Klei still did not fix the "bug". So it took me 4 days to write our own private mod which was better than theirs. I had to do so because we could't beat them manually (I mean 2-strafe) vs they using cheat forge mod.

That's the truth. Believe it or not.

11 minutes ago, GCC.1st said:

Until then, I thought it was relatively fair because the macro is so easy that everyone can write one, and the leaderboard look "normal".

11 minutes ago, GCC.1st said:

I had to do so because we could't beat them manually vs they using cheat forge mod.

This seems a bit like mixed messages. 

Not to mention most people are not anywhere near capable of creating a macro. It only became widespread due to the workshop mod being released.

32 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

This seems a bit like mixed messages. 

Not to mention most people are not anywhere near capable of creating a macro. It only became widespread due to the workshop mod being released.

I don't think you can tell 2-strafe and stutter-step apart.

Macro could not do 2-strafe (which was used through the whole run) but only stutter-step (which was used when there was only one enemy left).

You say you can't write a macro? OK, let me teach you. First you download a software which can record key pressed, and you record FS and insert a delay between them, that's all, does it take you more than 10 minutes???

You say "macro only became widespread due to the workshop mod being released". They are not related at all.

Macro is totally different from that mod, it just record key pressed (without any AI) but the mod (with easy AI) automatically find enemies nearest and do 2-strafe.

1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

Most people use the two interchangeably, but I'm glad you explained.

However, if this is all it takes for you to not want to talk with someone then you seriously need to rethink being on the internet. Common sense for me is not giving up at the first bump in a conversation, but that's obviously something we don't share.

If you want people to take you seriously then consider having some consideration in the first place. Not everyone is like you.

I'm sorry for what I said because I was a little angry then. Now I calm down and I will delete the rude sentence. Sorry.

2 minutes ago, GCC.1st said:

I'm sorry for what I said because I was a little angry then. Now I calm down and I will delete the rude sentence. Sorry.

Understandable, you seem to be under a lot of heat as of late—try not to let it get to you. I was rather rude myself, so I do apologize.

Thanks for coming around.

Those edits are so wholesome :wilson_flower:

As for the macro/script situation, doesn't matter who started with it, the general consensus that I've been seeing is that nobody (at least here on the forums) likes it. It's kinda pointless to keep blaming team X or team Y for using it.

3 hours ago, GCC.1st said:

First of all, we want Klei to fix animation canceling totally, but before that, we have to use scripts and macros because we want to keep the first place on the leaderboard (It doesn't make any sense, though).

Besides, at the same time, someone uploaded the cheat forge mod to the steam workshop, and the second place team (which was 10:40+ followed us) used it and reached a 10:10+ run and took the place of us.

OK, until this time, I was enraged completely and Klei still did not fix the "bug". So it took me 4 days to write our own private mod which was better than theirs. I had to do so because we could't beat them manually (I mean 2-strafe) vs they using cheat forge mod.

1. You say one thing and then you don't want to do that thing?

2. I can't because most of the time it's used for cheating...

3. Who cares? It was fair in that point because both teams ( theirs and yours ) used *******mods and scripts*********** 

Spoiler

you can't call that something that helps you in a rated run.

4.  Because one side has hacks and you could still get to fair place in the leaderboard means that your team was better , persistent and could be actually proud , but nah... 

sorry for being angry but the idiots that think that they can use hacks , get to leaderboard and think that they are something extra when it was just the AI they made , really make me angry

in Game where only logic is Smash mobs and then not smash when something like green circle is appearing or smash anyways depends on hp of team, players using bots who allows them make smashing faster. Then they comes to forums and making Crocodile tears about how bad is use these mods. "Oh i want to Klei fix this" "Oh they not fixed" and continuing use bots to keep they status in leader boards.

Spoiler

gamor-gorls_o_1468689.thumb.jpg.535463cad3de63ab7abbf6444db6b698.jpg

+ is they sharing these bots? NO! Because they cares about being "best"
+ Fair deal Klei should add with update these turret scripts available for every one, lets allow some lvl 5 guys beat your ... without even knowing such a thing called forge leader board exists.

Currently the 1st team on leardborad of Swineclops is still the same 9:22 team of Rhinos, now without those crazy rapid fires.

It seems that they used hacks simply because it is required to beat other hack users. Maybe it makes a bit of sense, but definitely not something to be proud with.

Archived