nettle farming

Anyone been able to create a usable nettle farm?

The mechanics seems too difficult to bother with. I havent gotten aa successful harvest yet.

1st: find the nettles (got 9)

2nd: find a spot to plant them (even if the ground looks like deep jungle sometimes its not valid_

3rd: keep the nettles wet. Sprinklers are both a mid-game craft and a royal pain to maintan

4th: harvest before the nettles dry up again. I thought the mobs were grabbing it so I fenced it in. In fact, if you don't harvest in time, they dry up and now you have to wait again

So in the end, you need to gather plants from all over the island, find a spot of deep jungle near water that you can visit without getting killed, and babysit the patch until you can harvest it or else forfeit your investment. And that's assuming you don't need to use sprinklers.

BTW: even with the sprinkler off, i'm still seeing some performance issues.

I think I'll just farm tea trees instead.

If you don't mind I would like to throw a question in there as well because I am currently working on my nettle farm.

I build a sprinkler close to a pond but not in deep jungle. Will nettle plants still grow on other turf and if not can you dig up the jungle turf and move it or does that not work? 

8 hours ago, Mullematsch said:

If you don't mind I would like to throw a question in there as well because I am currently working on my nettle farm.

I build a sprinkler close to a pond but not in deep jungle. Will nettle plants still grow on other turf and if not can you dig up the jungle turf and move it or does that not work? 

No, needs to be on deep jungle turf. which is one reason this is a PITA.

In my current Wicker save, the nettles are blooming/pickable during temperate season. I can pick a stack by dashing through the jungle biomes in a day or two. Between that and installing a fan at my in-town base, I’ve got hay fever under control, especially since I use the season to hang out around town, farming berries for Oincs and checking the shops everyday. Farming them seems more trouble than it’s worth.

Archived