the anim cancel ''patch'' is bad it just made things worse

JohnWatson

I always found animation canceling a convenience for earlier waves, I never bothered using it for the lategame bosses.

So I'm happy it's patched, in fact if people are still finding ways around it and still using cheaty macros then klei should patch those too!

Patch out every possible way to anim cancel then maybe we'll have a legitimate leaderboard for once!

39 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

I always found animation canceling a convenience for earlier waves, I never bothered using it for the lategame bosses.

So I'm happy it's patched, in fact if people are still finding ways around it and still using cheaty macros then klei should patch those too!

Patch out every possible way to anim cancel then maybe we'll have a legitimate leaderboard for once!

you will never get on the leaderboards

Anim cancelling was probably my most fav aspect of Forge since last year, mainly bc of how challenging it was to perfect vanilla-ly.

Players who used "cheats" to achieve higher dps always gave me a bad taste if I played with them. But I didnt mind it too much tbh. If someone can cheat at a game and still find it fun, I actually envy you, bc my interest is way more fragile.

I think Klei should've banned players /teams from the leaderboards who were found to be using macros. Then again, I suppose people would start creating "believable" macros then.

Oh well, it was great fun while it lasted. 

8 minutes ago, Miss Maya said:

I feel like they probably meant "banning this mod" (as in the "cheating forge" one) instead of "banning this mode"

they most definitely did not mean that, nobody has mentioned that mod in this thread at all and you don't need mods to have an anim cancel script

The irony is that this bandaid fix hurts non-cheaters more than the actual cheaters. Sure it slows them down a little but now no one can anim cancel without scripts and those that have scripts have an even bigger edge over the competition.

32 minutes ago, Mr.Mulk said:

The irony is that this bandaid fix hurts non-cheaters more than the actual cheaters. Sure it slows them down a little but now no one can anim cancel without scripts and those that have scripts have an even bigger edge over the competition.

yeah I feel like at this point making animation cancels easier or faster would be a better fix so cheats wouldn't give to much of an advantage

3 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

they most definitely did not mean that, nobody has mentioned that mod in this thread at all and you don't need mods to have an anim cancel script

Well then that's just weird.  I flippin love The Forge, I've met a lot of really fun people through it that I wouldn't have played with otherwise.

As for the anim cancel patch, I am slightly miffed that I spent so much time training myself to click really really fast (mostly to charge Wicker's spells with the healing staff since getting 20 shots off takes a while without it) and now it doesn't really do what I want it to anymore.

Archived