The Whispering Grand Armor

TipherethB

It might be useful on:

• Webber - Increases the damage of Spiders to 20
  • Maxwell - Drops pretty early & acts mostly like the +90% Protection Armor (Protects only 80% but increases his Maxwell health by 75 (100%) => 90% Protection, 50% less healing); saves him from the Grand Forge Boarrior ranged attacks
  • Willow - Increases the health of Bernie by 100% and reduces the required Time to revive him by 50% => Bernie will act like a Tank with 200 health, 90% damage reduction but also 90% reduced damage by scorpeon acid & healing; is revived just as fast as Wilson revives Wes but has 100% instead of 60% health; also grants (200 / (1 - 0.8) = 1000; 125 / 1000 = 0.125 =>) 87,5% Protection.
  • Wes - Same reason as Maxwell but grants only (175 / (1 - 0.8) = 875; 100 / 875 = 0.1142 =>) 88,57% Protection.

Silken & Jagged Grand Armor are mostly reserved for Healer & Wigfrid so it's a nice early game armor for the squishy characters.

8 minutes ago, slendyproject said:

As if Webber wasnt the best DPS pick already, balancing just gets weirder and weirder in the forge.

Tbf in terms of dart DPS he just barely beat wilson due to spiders (keep in mind that in the meta that is multitargeting, webber's spiders will not attack anything if you multitarget/animcancel and will only attack when you focus on a single target). This new armor solidified him as the best darter by far. Shame it couldn't make abby useful lol.

1 hour ago, Terra M Welch said:

Whispering Grand Armor turns abigail from being as good as wet toilet paper to being as good as wet paper towel.

Basically wendy is STILL USELESS in the forge.

I Wouldn't say that. Since the new armor arrived, I've been getting lots of Victories as Wendy. Webber is still the superior DPS choice, However Wendy's Abigail turns into a decent tank. I Think she is much better now, tbh. You can disagree though, That's completely Fine. Anyone can think Wendy is useless if they wanna, It's really not my business.20181121150021_1.thumb.jpg.0bda7f53ead05a2070444f6def800c99.jpg

1 hour ago, Viktor234 said:

It might be useful on:

• Webber - Increases the damage of Spiders to 20
  • Maxwell - Drops pretty early & acts mostly like the +90% Protection Armor (Protects only 80% but increases his Maxwell health by 75 (100%) => 90% Protection, 50% less healing); saves him from the Grand Forge Boarrior ranged attacks
  • Willow - Increases the health of Bernie by 100% and reduces the required Time to revive him by 50% => Bernie will act like a Tank with 200 health, 90% damage reduction but also 90% reduced damage by scorpeon acid & healing; is revived just as fast as Wilson revives Wes but has 100% instead of 60% health; also grants (200 / (1 - 0.8) = 1000; 125 / 1000 = 0.125 =>) 87,5% Protection.
  • Wes - Same reason as Maxwell but grants only (175 / (1 - 0.8) = 875; 100 / 875 = 0.1142 =>) 88,57% Protection.

Silken & Jagged Grand Armor are mostly reserved for Healer & Wigfrid so it's a nice early game armor for the squishy characters.

Fairly certain that Bernie has 2k HP from that, as he normally has 1k. I Think it's the least usefull for Willow as She (And Kind of Maxwell) Should have the Silken Grand Armor instead of Whispering. I'd save it for the Team's Webber (Or Wendy in my case!) 

[PS: There is a second Silken grand armor]

5 minutes ago, Mattyington said:

I Think it's the least usefull for Willow as She (And Kind of Maxwell) Should have the Silken Grand Armor instead of Whispering.

The 1st Silken Grand Armor is even more useful for the healer because she needs to survive & heal as much as possible to keep the team alive, the 2nd drops after Grand Forge Boarrior is down. Rhinocebros are only 10% of the game so why not take the Whispering Grand Armor for +60-100% max health? And casting Catalysm while the Grand Forge Boarrior is sleeping is something you shouldn't do at all!

6 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

The 1st Silken Grand Armor is even more useful for the healer because she needs to survive & heal as much as possible to keep the team alive, the 2nd drops after Grand Forge Boarrior is down. Rhinocebros are only 10% of the game so why not take the Whispering Grand Armor for +60-100% max health? And casting Catalysm while the Grand Forge Boarrior is sleeping is something you shouldn't do at all!

Fair point, the First silken grand armor should indeed go to the Healer. You can give the whispering armor to Willow or Maxwell, but that would be a waste of DPS if you have a Webber in your team(Or Wendy if you have one that knows what they're doing),probably best to give them the regular silk armor or the second grand jagged armor if no one is there to grab it. I Guess you can still give it to the mage if you really want to, though, but i never really found need for 2k HP bernie. Maybe Maxwell could use it for a greater use, But most maxwells i meet know how to deal with low HP. But, It can be a great for maxwell if A:You don't have a Webber/Wendy or B: They're completely incompetent.

10 minutes ago, Mattyington said:

You can give the whispering armor to Willow or Maxwell, but that would be a waste of DPS

Why didn't you pass your Whispering Armor to Webber in the last screenshot? Wendy is the character with the lowest winrate actually, is there a reason to take it as her? That's such a waste of DPS.

13 minutes ago, Mattyington said:

(Or Wendy if you have one that knows what they're doing)

I have a Willow in my team and that Willow knows how to use Bernie to tank all the Scorpeons and to prevent other players from becoming infected by Scorpeon Acid.

14 minutes ago, Mattyington said:

probably best to give them the regular silk armor or the second grand jagged armor if no one is there to grab it.

So you're saying that the mage should pick the 2nd Grand Jagged Armor, who'll take the 2nd Grand Silken Armor then?

17 minutes ago, Mattyington said:

I Guess you can still give it to the mage if you really want to, though, but i never really found need for 2k HP bernie.

Is there a better need for a ghost which can't be controlled at all, deals only 3 damage per second, dies instantly and takes hours to revive itself?

18 minutes ago, Mattyington said:

Maybe Maxwell could use it for a greater use, But most maxwells i meet know how to deal with low HP.

What if Woodie can't use his axe properly to prevent the Grand Forge Boarriors ranged attack? What if some players don't know when to stop attacking the Boarrior? Just 2 ranged attacks and your mage is down.

13 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

Why didn't you pass your Whispering Armor to Webber in the last screenshot? Wendy is the character with the lowest winrate actually, is there a reason to take it as her? That's such a waste of DPS.

We.. didn't have a Webber? Not that i know of. I Would have given it to him. If we had one. 

I have a Willow in my team and that Willow knows how to use Bernie to tank all the Scorpeons and to prevent other players from becoming infected by Scorpeon Acid.

Not every willow can do that. In that case, It can be good to have it for Willow, but then again, A Wicker can easily stunlock with a Heal to Petri (Or Heal to Meteor to Petri) and have a similar effect. Props to the willow to being able to do that, though.

So you're saying that the mage should pick the 2nd Grand Jagged Armor, who'll take the 2nd Grand Silken Armor then?

I'm saying that, If no one has it, then yes. And of course, the Mage will get the 2nd grand silken armor.

Is there a better need for a ghost which can't be controlled at all, deals only 3 damage per second, dies instantly and takes hours to revive itself?

This one is a good  point, But with the new armor Abby does 6 damage per second (Which is still crap), No longer dies as instantly (2x) and also revives much faster. However, yeah, Webber is still better. It's just me being kind of a bad player, However i do always ask if everyone is ok with me Playing Wendy before doing so. 

What if Woodie can't use his axe properly to prevent the Grand Forge Boarriors ranged attack? What if some players don't know when to stop attacking the Boarrior? Just 2 ranged attacks and your mage is down.

Yeah, I Don't think that a team like that would really.. win. And even then, the jagged grand armor would work (kind of) for that as well. And in that extremely specific scenario (Which is kind of common-ish) I Don't think you'd win in a team like that, In the scenario that 

The Woodie can't prevent the ranged attacks and  Some (I'll say 2) players don't know when to stop attacking, You'd have at the very least 2 players who are just hindering the team. I Don't really think that team can win.

(Then again this might all just be me being an idiot)

[PS: I'm assuming you're reffering to this image. ]20181121150021_1.thumb.jpg.d7728aeb9f1e93200000ad9a08fe29b1.jpg

Webber's pet has no supportive factor so obviously it should deal the most dps by quite a bit, but Abigail should (should, not -is-) at least be outdamaging Willow's 10% fire damage bonus, because Bernie's by far the better tank. Abigail is like the inbetween of Bernie and Baby Spiders, doing tanking and damage, but with how often she's dead...

That being said, I guess Abigail is a lot better at pulling enemies, but stuff like petrification already has that well under control for random enemies. It'd only help on totally new players who don't really know what they're doing. Plus on new players, no rapidfire makes Abigail also better at keeping up with Willow's 10% bonus, although it sounds like she -still- deals less regardless.

tbh in newbie teams she's probably pretty good now. But she just doesn't compare in damage/tanking to Willow, and can't hold a candle to Webber dps. She only wins in being completely passive, and not only stealing enemies that attack you first.

On 11/22/2018 at 2:08 AM, Leonardo Cox said:

Tbf in terms of dart DPS he just barely beat wilson due to spiders (keep in mind that in the meta that is multitargeting, webber's spiders will not attack anything if you multitarget/animcancel and will only attack when you focus on a single target). This new armor solidified him as the best darter by far. Shame it couldn't make abby useful lol.

Actaully webber's spider will still attack your target while multitargetting. They just won't move. So if you let those spidy bro move close to the targets then start multitargetting, you will find your minions start helping the fight.

Archived