New Mod Downloads

JoeW

[MENTION=10397]LeoMazzei[/MENTION]Sure they will *start out* as your translations but the game is in beta and there will be many changes to come so after a few updates it will become *based on* your original translations.Most modders make contributions for the benefit of all to enjoy the games we love....not for recognition, compensation or reputation....but the work is yours and your choice to do what you want with it.

[MENTION=10271]WrathOf[/MENTION] If took my translations, that'll not be "based" on my translations, it'll be my translations =/ [MENTION=1]JoeW[/MENTION] Do you know if the game will gain support for multiple languages? If we provide the language packs will we be remunerated or receive some prize for that? Waiting answers ;}

Why would you recieve a prize? I made a mod, and I'm not lookin for anything back. Don't always just think about yourself.

If they are 3 different versions, why would they not be 3 different mods? I mean. I get that it is more convenient for you to have everything in one place, but they are essentially three different mods, right?Or, worst case, why not just zip them?

Lol, I knew [MENTION=4449]Sliver[/MENTION] wasn't going to like this new setup. His mod is more 2 mods and a biggie size combo. :DUm, [MENTION=4449]Sliver[/MENTION] I suggest setting up your combo version as the primary one and have the other 2 setup in a basic way by just putting links back to the primary one. Does that make any sense?The 2 parts are "sub-mods" to the main one. It may be annoying to set it up but this new method is really best in the long run.

• Developer

FWIW, it took me sometime to get used to this setup and I've been discussing with [MENTION=1]JoeW[/MENTION], asking about the underlying purpose of the changes. I personally think the changes are for the better, but hearing about people's use-cases is super helpful.Feedback on the new system is very welcome!

FWIW, it took me sometime to get used to this setup and I've been discussing with [MENTION=1]JoeW[/MENTION], asking about the underlying purpose of the changes. I personally think the changes are for the better, but hearing about people's use-cases is super helpful.Feedback on the new system is very welcome!

I miss the WiP thing. I would like to share some images and thoughts about the map editor with you guys. Get some kind of help too as [MENTION=8]Kevin[/MENTION] did in a few weeks ago. I can do it in my signature that is not a problem but I just miss it.This should not be considered as a claim, please.

But it's not three mods, it's two mods with a third version that combines both of them into one mod. I also think it's nice to have an uninstall link, adds a little bit of professionalism with it.I hadn't thought about just putting all of it into one big zip file. That solves my problem, I'll just do that when the update comes out.

[MENTION=10271]WrathOf[/MENTION]: translations are legally derivative works of the original content. Since the original content is free for us to mod then the translation file is free to mod too. You don't REQUIRE permission from anyone other than Klei to continue a language translation in other words. Personally I wish the source code of mods also met this stipulation so that people would feel free to take up the code from abandoned mods more often and benefit from past work. Sadly its not the case, which is why I have my forum sig =-)

[MENTION=8043]seronis[/MENTION]I agree with you but I prefer to be respectful of others wishes regarding their work whenever possible. And in this case I would rather not turn someone who obviously has a passionate personality into a hater that later trolls the forums causing problems.Trying to give it more time to see how this pans out before moving on to restore proper support for the PT-BR language.

Yah its a nice courtesy to give him a little bit of time to figure out if he is actually gonna stay or not first. But if he does decide to leave I just wanted to point out the translation issue so you dont FEEL BAD about continueing the feature. I hate to see someone feel guilty about doing the 'right thing'.

I miss the WiP thing. I would like to share some images and thoughts about the map editor with you guys. Get some kind of help too as [MENTION=8]Kevin[/MENTION] did in a few weeks ago. I can do it in my signature that is not a problem but I just miss it.This should not be considered as a claim, please.

You can still have a WiP.

*Facepalm*Just go look at the Released mods thread. There are mods there that say "WiP".

After the change in this section I didn't check anything, you know?And I'm with vanilla atm. Of course, I checked some threads here and there before the changes but I haven't any mod installed. Liked some ideas, replied some threads but that's all.I don't feel obligated to know this :p