How to Grow Nettles

3 hours ago, CrimXane said:

so i have this set up for my Nettle Farm but it is just not growing does it need fertilizer or something ?
image.png.5108cd17dccfe8de6c7dd0d4f8fc11ba.png

it was like this for 10 days.

1. Nettle lost their fertilization status for every season start I guess.

2. First fertilize them, then activate the sprinkler.

3. Keep sprinkler running, check daily for fueling.

Im done,

I will take on the ******* fever.

It's humid BTW

1 hour ago, Zinglon said:

1. Nettle lost their fertilization status for every season start I guess.

2. First fertilize them, then activate the sprinkler.

3. Keep sprinkler running, check daily for fueling.

4 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

seasonal?

Yes, it naturally grow in humid ( which it's not, bug ? )

But sprinklers make them grow all year

As of current patch sprinklers has no effect whatsoever on nettles. Them needing sprinklers was a rumor which the wiki popularized. 

The devs also confirmed that the plant isn't working as intended and is gonna go through a rework. 

If you want more information about how they actually work as of current patch, check this post by rezecib on the don't starve subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/dontstarve/comments/9xh98s/i_tested_nettle_growing_mechanics_heres_the/e9y2aff/

8 hours ago, Atsumame said:

As of current patch sprinklers has no effect whatsoever on nettles. Them needing sprinklers was a rumor which the wiki popularized. 

The devs also confirmed that the plant isn't working as intended and is gonna go through a rework. 

If you want more information about how they actually work as of current patch, check this post by rezecib on the don't starve subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/dontstarve/comments/9xh98s/i_tested_nettle_growing_mechanics_heres_the/e9y2aff/

so i wasted my time trying to get sprinklers.
wow well then, who moderates the wiki which is giving false infoimage.png.b59cda802dac4009cb5142b7101f6ef8.png

The wiki tend to have misinformation at times, very much so when there's new content.

I do believe the sprinkler rumor started because somebody saw a streamer using sprinklers. The streamer reasoning was that because the nettles bloomed in fog season (and that fog season there's a lot of rain after,,,fog) he assumed sprinklers would do the trick. Then the streamer did a sprinkler setup and fertilized the nettles and proceeded to never save&quit; this lead to people thinking that sprinklers were the key in all this and one of them worked on the wiki. 

It's funny how one little erroneous assumption lead to a large scale misinformation thought process that ended up making people save files worse.

8 hours ago, Atsumame said:

The wiki tend to have misinformation at times, very much so when there's new content.

I do believe the sprinkler rumor started because somebody saw a streamer using sprinklers. The streamer reasoning was that because the nettles bloomed in fog season (and that fog season there's a lot of rain after,,,fog) he assumed sprinklers would do the trick. Then the streamer did a sprinkler setup and fertilized the nettles and proceeded to never save&quit; this lead to people thinking that sprinklers were the key in all this and one of them worked on the wiki. 

It's funny how one little erroneous assumption lead to a large scale misinformation thought process that ended up making people save files worse.

You said jungle turf can be dug up

It cannot

Archived