unfair death

Daiany

I was in town with my guard, and I saw the shadow of the giant bird. I've seen it before, so I was ok with that. But, when I ran to my house,  the bird simply landed on me, killing me and my guard and destroing my house. How was I supposed to avoid that? I had no chance! I've seen it landing before, but it wasn't directly on me, it didn't destroy anything, nor attacked anyone.

But Hamlet is AWESOME!

Um...  Only read this response if you deleted your game and don't mind a spoiler.  

Spoiler

I believe when it eats you it doesn't kill you; rather, it takes you to it's island.  Necessary part of the game.  I hope you didn't delete your game.  

Cheers!

3 hours ago, Daiany said:

I was in town with my guard, and I saw the shadow of the giant bird. I've seen it before, so I was ok with that. But, when I ran to my house,  the bird simply landed on me, killing me and my guard and destroing my house. How was I supposed to avoid that? I had no chance! I've seen it landing before, but it wasn't directly on me, it didn't destroy anything, nor attacked anyone.

But Hamlet is AWESOME!

Spoiler

The ROC will always spawn on top of the player so watch where you are moving when you see his shadow, he can and will crush you unintentionally if you happen to run under one of his feet.

30 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Problem is people tend to panic when they see the shadow coming. The answer is actually just to stand still.

They won't intentionally land on you if you're not moving.

Holy cow, that's how it works? Thank you, very helpful.

Some people don't know but, the roc actually attacks by stomping its beak

And it is fatal

Really fatal.

I believe its a bug since a boss fight with roc wasn't intended.

Also the roc spawning in house got patched, it occured because caves / ruins and houses were considered " on map " 

21 hours ago, Daiany said:

But Hamlet is AWESOME!

That is an unfortunate bug sorry for your world happened to me twice.

Archived