RoG just became uncompatible with both SW and HAM

I'm pretty sure some people have already complained about this in the SW bugs forum (Just checked again, they weren't THAT specific, still it seems the problems started since the last update). Everytime i try to create a RoG mergeable with SW (Or HAM if installed.) the worlds creates itself as a vanilla DS world with craftable RoG items, also this appears in the world settings (RoG menu with Shipwreck pre-set). I tried uninstalling HAM but it seems that the b ug may had come from the update the game had a few days ago... Oh, one important thing, RoG is still playable if it's just RoG. No merging in that world of course.

20181113000006_1.jpg

20181113000025_1.jpg

20181113000110_1.jpg

20181113000824_1.jpg

20181113000837_1.jpg

The problem is, when you have compatibility RoG with Ham or SW, game will take only content from latest chosen DLC, because Ham contain also SW, there's no problem, but Ham doesn't contain whole RoG. Before world linking, main menu will say it's only SW dlc, even if you're on base world. It's possible to connect all 3 worlds, first create just RoG, then from Ham, link to existing RoG world, and then to SW. 

I'm sure the devs can iron this out. They know their own code and can change things around to let the system accomodate 3 worlds. I mean, it's their system.

It's not reasonable to expect players to know which world to create when and how to connect them, lol. A miniscule % goes to the forums to check such things.

I really hope they do, game can't be left like this, having to start specific world to get all content is stupid anyways.

Who checks forums doesn't matter, game mechanics affect all players who get to the point where they are relevant.

... And here we go again... Seems that only winter and autumn are working for RoG/SW merged worlds. Dunno if it does the same with HAM since i haven't give it a try yet. 

EDIT: I was lazy to play the game for another 40 days, so i skipped them with the console. Although randomly, all the seasons seemed to set. I'll have to play another large session in a new world. 

Speak for yourself, If I enable HAM compatibility I get an error crash after about day 28-32 in default world and 18-21 in Default Plus. This has happened 5 times to me within the last few days... I dread the thought of ever trying it again and was considering deleting the game forever because of the huge time lost and tilt. I do realize Hamlet and what have you is still in beta but come on its a consistent issue! In the meantime, I do not recommend enabling its compatibility until its resolved because boy oh boy is it really frustrating.

• Developer
2 hours ago, WiDOWZ said:

Speak for yourself, If I enable HAM compatibility I get an error crash after about day 28-32 in default world and 18-21 in Default Plus.

Hi,

Does it show an error screen when this happens? If you have Hamlet this error screen should show a "Report Bug" button which will upload information about the crash for us to look at and it would help in fixing it.

50 minutes ago, bizziboi said:

Hi,

Does it show an error screen when this happens? If you have Hamlet this error screen should show a "Report Bug" button which will upload information about the crash for us to look at and it would help in fixing it.

It does, I did submit and post about the bug. Interestingly enough when I disable Hamlet and go offline (so changes wont sync) it works just fine save for changing my character out for Wilson. Will hope in the future the save file will work once the issues are resolved a bit.

On 15/11/2018 at 4:50 AM, TheDarkSyntax said:

... And here we go again... Seems that only winter and autumn are working for RoG/SW merged worlds. Dunno if it does the same with HAM since i haven't give it a try yet. 

EDIT: I was lazy to play the game for another 40 days, so i skipped them with the console. Although randomly, all the seasons seemed to set. I'll have to play another large session in a new world. 

Yeah, to me only autumn and winter are showing up even if i start on summer. And it looks like my world options aren't being saved.

Archived