Klei's Red-Headed Step-Child

That reference is *puts on sunglasses* overused. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.....I went there.
I saw him 2 days ago but I had to kill all the pigs on my map plus all the birds from cages. He didn't drop the bag. *sigh*Buffing and making him more frequent could also suppress the beefalo and pig farming a bit.

If there has to be a change in the way Krampus spawns, an idea that would make sense is have him spawn during the winter seasons in game, after all, he is a demon associated with Christmas, it only makes sense for him to come around that time and add extra pressure on the player during the hardest season to survive through.Making Krampus a boss mob isn't such a bad idea, though his current sprite doesn't look imposing enough. The Tree Guards and the Spider Queen look scary, they look threatening, Krampus currently does not.As for what Krampus does... maybe not steal your items... but how about he beats on your structures as if he was using a hammer on them?

If there has to be a change in the way Krampus spawns, an idea that would make sense is have him spawn during the winter seasons in game, after all, he is a demon associated with Christmas, it only makes sense for him to come around that time and add extra pressure on the player during the hardest season to survive through.Making Krampus a boss mob isn't such a bad idea, though his current sprite doesn't look imposing enough. The Tree Guards and the Spider Queen look scary, they look threatening, Krampus currently does not.As for what Krampus does... maybe not steal your items... but how about he beats on your structures as if he was using a hammer on them?

Have good Krampus spawn in winter and leave gifts. *sigh* c:

Have good Krampus spawn in winter and leave gifts. *sigh* c:

Maybe Krampus should kill all your imprisoned bunnies! :DI kind of like [MENTION=6300]Snob[/MENTION] 's idea...

Anyway, I think there should be a different way to gain the Krampus Sack. The Naughtiness rating is simply broken, there is no benefit of having a low percentage. Instead, I wish there was a new mechanic, the opposite of the Naughtiness rating.The Niceness rating.I know it sounds pretty cheesy, but I think that Krampus shouldn't "drop" his sack, instead he should give it to nice players. Things that you can do to become "nice"; is to build pig houses, offer goods to the Pig King, hatching and raising a Smallbird, or nice things like that.

Following my previous post, I think that making Krampus genuinely hard to kill is going to make players regret killing innocent critters.

For example; Krampus should be immune to sleep. Santa Claus knows whenever the children are awake or asleep, so why doesn't Krampus behave similarly? He shouldn't sleep because he watches the player all the time.

The Devs should change his AI, he acts way too familiarly to the Gobbler. He should stalk the player all the way back to his/hers base, and when he gets the chance, he should proceed to break structures from crock pots to chests.

When the player approaches Krampus, Krampus should run away and keep distance, but he should also "fling" the player away with his powerful kick. I mean, then what's with the strong-kicking animation for? This will make him look like a "boss mob", and should make him less of a joke.

I really hope the Devs respond; otherwise I will ***** out and mention them. :p

Following my previous post, I think that making Krampus genuinely hard to kill is going to make players regret killing innocent critters.

For example; Krampus should be immune to sleep. Santa Claus knows whenever the children are awake or asleep, so why doesn't Krampus behave similarly? He shouldn't sleep because he watches the player all the time.

The Devs should change his AI, he acts way too familiarly to the Gobbler. He should stalk the player all the way back to his/hers base, and when he gets the chance, he should proceed to break structures from crock pots to chests.

When the player approaches Krampus, Krampus should run away and keep distance, but he should also "fling" the player away with his powerful kick. I mean, then what's with the strong-kicking animation for? This will make him look like a "boss mob", and should make him less of a joke.

[MENTION=8]Kevin[/MENTION] *cough* WHOOPS! It seems somebody mentioned a dev because he likes the idea too hard.

He should also be equipped with rocket-boots so that I can't farm him on my peninsula with absolute safety.

My only problem with this (and one of the previous posts) is the destruction of personal property. I really dislike the idea of having the things I've built broken by Krampus. Partly because it's messy and annoying. But mostly I dislike the idea of a bunny holocaust being punished by minor vandalism. It just doen't create dread inside me. It creates irritation.

I really want to see a more savage Krampus. I do like the idea of him being "a boss mob". In a way, he is the Gobbler of meat. Just as the Gobbler is the Optimus Pine of berries. In that sense, I think he should directly affect meat or the player in some way. If murder is the crime, I think death should be the punishment. Honestly, if Klei's going to stick with the Krampus theme, I say make Krampus chase the player. If you get caught, he stuffs you in the bag, the screen goes black, and you hear horrible crunching noises as you die. Krampus ate you. Game over.

I'm definitely opposed to nice Krampus giving gifts. He looks like a psychotic hell-goat. Unless his gifts are a lump of coal and a swift kick in the teeth (or as Dr. Derp said "Chaos, Destruction, and Death") I'd be severely disappointed in how soft he'd gone.

He should also be equipped with rocket-boots so that I can't farm him on my peninsula with absolute safety.

Well, he has hooves.If a structure or wall is blocking his way from stalking you, he should be able to destroy the structures that blocks him. Edited by Snob

My only problem with this (and one of the previous posts) is the destruction of personal property. I really dislike the idea of having the things I've built broken by Krampus. Partly because it's messy and annoying. But mostly I dislike the idea of a bunny holocaust being punished by minor vandalism. It just doen't create dread inside me. It creates irritation.

Well, I think you should keep those words shut in your mouth until the new update; Deerclops is coming soon.Deerclops will destroy your base, whenever you like it or not.

Well, I think you should keep those words shut in your mouth until the new update; Deerclops is coming soon.Deerclops will destroy your base, whenever you like it or not.

Lol. I saw the picture and heard the soundclip, and I'm totally up for another horrible beast. My issue is with Krampus acting that way. It's not contributory to his purpose, it doesn't make sense with the lore, it doesn't properly reflect wrongdoing/retribution because the crime far outweighs the punishment.But if Klei wants to send in a Deerclops, I'll totally embrace it. (Because Deerclops is a new Klei-brand monster without "suare peg/round hole" purpose/actions/backstory.) Deerclops can be anything they make it, and I'm excited for that.

Maybe Krampus can summon up the souls of your victims and send them to attack you. That way you can see the scale of your actions and the severity of your consequences will match the scale of your deeds.Edit: Maybe he would spawn the shadow versions of your victims. This would have an impact on your sanity meter. Also they should not have any drops to prevent people from using this to farm things. On the thought of farming for drops. Krampus' sack should be reduced to 8 slots so it is the same as the backpack. This would make less desirable with out impacting the novelty of getting it.

Edited by Ruuso

I like the first post idea. Eating meat is essentially the same as killing creatures, since you kill them to get it.I would like this to become a reality, but only if a new set of tracks appeared. This time like the kolaphant, but a krampus footprint that leads to his stash.

So, we kill Krampus and get a 100% Bag Drop?NO MORE SPAWNING KRAMPUS BECAUSE,post-10537-13764591270834_thumb.jpgWin win, 10/10 good idea,"Best Idea Ever" Apple~"Smells like chiggen' noogats" KFC~"BEST BURGER BEAMS EVER" McDonalds~Krampus now has: 1,250 HP44.44 DamageDrops: Krampus's Sack, Charcoal, Monster MeatSUPER GOD ULTIMATE FORM WITH ULTIMATE SUPER BEAMS AND POWPOWPOW YOUR DEAD AND HE STEALS ALL YOUR ITEMSOverpowered Update:1,500 HP added to every mob-50 HP added to every character9,999 damage added to every mob-25 damage added to every characterOMG OP HAX NOOBpls take this as a joke :C