Refueling the Cowl

I managed to make six cowls in two worlds from the drops from bat traps in tombs. Their durability is really good. If you use them sparingly, they can last a long time. I prefer a light source like that to something that can be refueled but runs down fuel fast so that you constantly have to worry about refueling it and use another inventory spot for the fuel. I haven’t yet managed to use up a single cowl. They’re great for clearing and mapping ruins.

8 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

I managed to make six cowls in two worlds from the drops from bat traps in tombs. Their durability is really good. If you use them sparingly, they can last a long time. I prefer a light source like that to something that can be refueled but runs down fuel fast so that you constantly have to worry about refueling it and use another inventory spot for the fuel. I haven’t yet managed to use up a single cowl. They’re great for clearing and mapping ruins.

It's main thing right now is that it's meant for fog. And the problem is that this finite item is the only way to make fog less tedious. 

Imo either make it refuelable or make the vampire bats be able to drop bat wings (No reason they can't.). Heck if they do the later they could make the cowl refuelable with wings instead.

They are easily renewable by traveling to ROG, and I think they're not refuelable because of this, the game essentially encourages you to travel to other worlds and exploit the respective DLC's end game items, along with the abundance of specific resources: gold, silk, thulecite and ancient magic from ROG, and fish, coffee, cactus and volcanic tools  from Shipwrecked.

Aditionally a single cowl can last a really long time if used sparingly together with a pith hat, onlywearing the cowl briefly to "peek" into the fog.

Archived