do the pigeons whistle 'Feed The Birds' from Mary Poppins sometimes

1 hour ago, MagicManICT said:

"Fair use" and all that... There's so much you can legally use and be fine in court. However, if you put a single bar from anything in a YouTube video, you get a takedown notice. :roll:

It wouldn’t qualify as fair use in this case. And Disney is notoriously litigious when it comes to their IP.

20 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

I mean, if it's less than 15 seconds they're fine. It's not like the courts can definitively say that Klei infringed on copyright from less than 15 seconds of audio. :wilson_goodjob:

I realize you're just a kid, but it would be unfortunate if others saw this and somehow took it as a statement grounded in fact. There is no hard and fast  fair use standard, and much of the risk depends on how the IP is used (in an amateur work distributed for free, or in a commercial work like Hamlet) and the interests of the rights holder. A rights holder who feels that they have a lot of IP that they must defend aggressively in every instance so as not to establish a precedent for fair use defenses (i.e., Disney, and their past behavior is evidence that they feel this way) can absolutely sue for infringement if the song is recognizably theirs, and 15 seconds is plenty long enough for that.

On 11/11/2018 at 1:41 AM, britecrawlers said:

Or am I just really stoned?

I don't recommend this game with anything other than a clear head. I myself played my first game pretty inebriated and I almost turned the game off because everything looked like if Dr Seuss had an acid flashback.

Also, I didn't even see a pigeon. I saw a strange dude who punched me in the face and ran off like the Hamburglar. But no pigeons.

16 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

I realize you're just a kid, but it would be unfortunate if others saw this and somehow took it as a statement grounded in fact. There is no hard and fast  fair use standard, and much of the risk depends on how the IP is used (in an amateur work distributed for free, or in a commercial work like Hamlet) and the interests of the rights holder. A rights holder who feels that they have a lot of IP that they must defend aggressively in every instance so as not to establish a precedent for fair use defenses (i.e., Disney, and their past behavior is evidence that they feel this way) can absolutely sue for infringement if the song is recognizably theirs, and 15 seconds is plenty long enough for that.

...okay first of all, I'm not a kid. 

tiredsipp.png.ed7908acc3c9e54a0f3c9efeaed0acbc.png

Second of all, I never claimed nor am a lawyer.

Third of all DO YOU REALLY THINK PEOPLE ARE GOING TO TAKE LEGAL ADVICE FROM SOME YUTZ WHO USES FORUM WEAPONS WAY TOO MUCH ON THE INTERNET?!

473307208961228810.png?v=1

Just now, watermelen671 said:

Third of all DO YOU REALLY THINK PEOPLE ARE GOING TO TAKE LEGAL ADVICE FROM SOME YUTZ WHO USES FORUM WEAPONS WAY TOO MUCH ON THE INTERNET?!

Actually, Watermelen, I had a legal question for you about this situation of mine...  well, for a friend, anways...  

5 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Yeah, you're right that the source may not have much credibility in this case, but the incorrect belief that X number of seconds of a copyrighted song is "fair use" is actually pretty widespread and gets repeated a lot-- after all , you picked it up somewhere. People believe all kinds of bogus things when they see them repeated often enough online.

On 11/14/2018 at 9:26 PM, Rellimarual said:

Yeah, you're right that the source may not have much credibility in this case, but the incorrect belief that X number of seconds of a copyrighted song is "fair use" is actually pretty widespread and gets repeated a lot-- after all , you picked it up somewhere. People believe all kinds of bogus things when they see them repeated often enough online.

When it is repeated by a credible source. Now buddy, do I HONESTLY look like a credible source?

Archived