Is a telescope blocked by glass tiles?

I've taken to keeping a layer of glass windows above my solar panels to catch falling regolith from the blast doors so I can open them and get most of the light before having to take the time to clean it all up ( seems to never get finished until just before the next meteor shower ).  Will this work over a telescope or does it block that?  I don't want it to overheat from falling regolith.

You might consider this exploity, but you can build the telescope on horizontal doors and use automation to open the doors when your bunker doors open and let the regolith fall thru to a glass floor underneath. 

On 10/11/2018 at 3:21 AM, psusi said:

I've taken to keeping a layer of glass windows above my solar panels to catch falling regolith from the blast doors so I can open them and get most of the light before having to take the time to clean it all up ( seems to never get finished until just before the next meteor shower ).  Will this work over a telescope or does it block that?  I don't want it to overheat from falling regolith.

You can use Mesh Tiles instead of glass tiles, it blocks the regolith and let a total visibility.

telep.thumb.png.316b171c91e332801d349a11f5f324a2.png

2 hours ago, SamLogan said:

You can use Mesh Tiles instead of glass tiles, it blocks the regolith and let a total visibility.

telep.thumb.png.316b171c91e332801d349a11f5f324a2.png

Thats kinda dumb that glass isnt see through but that works fine. :/ I noticed air tiles let light through as well however so maybe that would work too.

Archived