List of Suggestions and Bugs

Here's my first set of things to say, Klei. Hopefully, you'll look into at least some of these. 

SUGGESTIONS

GENERAL
- Make peagawks easier to farm, instead of relying on nighttime or with sleep darts to chase them around effectively; have a special lure or fix the existing ones
- Make flint and rocks somewhat easier to get, such as having the general store sell them as its own pedestals (similar to what you did with gold) or making rock/flint generating sources renewable
- Have the spider monkeys be more likely to drop silk and spider glands; it makes it really annoying to fight them if they don't even drop it half the time

PIG CITY RELATED
- Give the florist a better trading use; hardly anyone would sell petals to her; she lost her use when you removed manure from the trade list
- Make dark swords slightly cheaper than cutlass supremes, otherwise no one would get them
- Remove monster lasagna from deli... why have it there in the first place...
- Have a shopkeeper sell sewing kits, could be in general, oddities, hats, or somewhere else
- Have the arcane shopkeeper more likely to sell living logs
- Allow a way to transmute regular oincs into tenpiece oincs and vice versa
- Have the feather buyer pay for more or remove the limit; she isn't a practical source of income

LUSH SEASON RELATED
- Have the hat shopkeeper sell gas masks
- Have the mud spa vendor sell some temporary remedies for hay fever allergies

BUGS

- The rain sound is glitched after the fog ends in humid season
- Longterm bug/nuisance: when clicking on trees or rocks, the particles get in the way of clicking making your character move around instead; dst doesn't have this issue
- The music overlaps in two notable instances: when you are committing crimes by digging up plants (battle music and work music play at same time) or when you are working in the jungle (work music and jungle music at same time)
- The seasonal music for both fighting and working is stuck on temperate, except for humid fight
- Thunderbirds' lightning can still hit you from far away (more than a screen away), even when something else is attacking it 
- Glowflies don't spawn after the first temperate season
- You can't target (attack or examine) glowflies during the day
- If the city and swamp biomes are together, there is a chance pig houses/guard towers will be in the water
- Glowflies becoming into rabid beetle eggs sometimes spawn in the middle of nowhere (not in the jungle) then soon disappear afterwards
- Even when considered the proper season and the hue of the rainforest trees change, it still sometimes doesn't drop its seed
- Insanity aura from darkness isn't present when in caves/ruins

2 hours ago, BirdyMurakami said:

SUGGESTIONS
- Make peagawks easier to farm, instead of relying on nighttime or with sleep darts to chase them around effectively; have a special lure or fix the existing ones
Run them into a corner. Pick feather, wait till it respawns, rinse and repeat for as many as you want.

- Make flint and rocks somewhat easier to get, such as having the general store sell them as its own pedestals (similar to what you did with gold) or making rock/flint generating sources renewable
Rock and flint sources are renewable. One of the simpler solutions is to get some moles and make a mole farm. Let them dig their burrows, then dig up their burrows.

- Have the spider monkeys be more likely to drop silk and spider glands; it makes it really annoying to fight them if they don't even drop it half the time

Killing spider monkeys isn't the best way to get silk. Chopping the tree's they cacoon is.

- Give the florist a better trading use; hardly anyone would sell petals to her; she lost her use when you removed manure from the trade list-
- Have the feather buyer pay for more or remove the limit; she isn't a practical source of income

You get so many oincs from so many sources, I feel like it hardly matters, but these suggestions are fine I guess.

- Have the arcane shopkeeper more likely to sell living logs

There are mobs that drop living logs. And you can totally farm them.

- Have a shopkeeper sell sewing kits, could be in general, oddities, hats, or somewhere else
- Have the hat shopkeeper sell gas masks

Hamlet is supposed to be harder - thus it is likely supposed to be harder to get mats. It literally tells you when you make a Hamlet world that it will be harder than the other two. That being said, the only part of sewing kits and gas masks that can be 'a pain to get' is the hounds tooth and cloth because both are sold at stores, but stores change stock all the time, just check often.

- Have the mud spa vendor sell some temporary remedies for hay fever allergies

Hay fever can be remedied by so many things, there is absolutely no need for this. There are four foods that cure it / prevent it for a period of time. Oscillating Fans prevent it in their area of effect as well.

BUGS

As for your bugs, you should report them:

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/ds-hamlet-early-access/

If you want more information on almost all the answers I gave check out the F.A.Q. I posted, cuz it covers solutions to a lot of the things you seem to be struggling wit based on your suggestions.

56 minutes ago, Duxe said:

If you want more information on almost all the answers I gave check out the F.A.Q. I posted, cuz it covers solutions to a lot of the things you seem to be struggling wit based on your suggestions.

I well understand Hamlet is meant to be more challenging and I fully accept that. I just think it needs to have more alternative, practical ways of playing the game, especially if one plans to have day 100+ worlds and build megabases. I'll continue experimenting, however, and see how things fare for me.

By the way, that's a decent guide. There were some mechanics I haven't seen while playing and watching.

What do I do with trinkets?

You can turn them in to a pig in the second pig city. I can't personally confirm this, I heard it was a pig inside the palace.

You give them to the collector pig.

Thank you for the compliment. I will correct and add things to it as time goes. I'm really focusing the forge atm (though I plan to update a few things in it soon). And I understand wanting more practical things in the game. And keep in mind, its early access too, there was a ton of datamined stuff that isn't around yet (although some of it may never be).

@watermelen671 They cacoon another tree if theirs is chopped, so actually it is sustainable, just keep planting rainforest trees in their biome and chopping theirs down. Theres a whole way too detailed guide I posted on this too.

Archived