Bunnies and Immortality <spoiler>

Since the last update I am trying to build an effigy with another character.

Not trying very hard until now.

Here is the old plan: you need beard hair and you get it from bunnies while insane. So lets build a fence, capture a big amount of bunnies and release inside it, grab what you need to go in and out insanity, go insane, kill the beardlings, come back to sanity and collect the stuff.

Lets go about it. Created a new adventure world starring Wes the guy of few words. Took my time, built stuff and was very confortable without the effigy.

But the time has come to build the bunny ranch:

Posted Image

READY - Collected all stuff needed to start the task.

Posted Image

SET - Went insane and equipped hands free light source

Posted Image

GO - To hell. A terror beak showed, ignored the walls and hurt me real bad. Krampus helped to get me distracted and I killed myself by ingesting taffy.

Posted Image

I will not give up. This world is very nice so I will start over with a big change of strategy. Not stopping until Wes has the statue.

I was thinking of trying this method, but never got around to it (since I still enjoy playing as Wilson). One thing I was wondering though is if it works OK with the mobs-moving-through-walls-while-off-screen bug? Have you had any bunnies escape or do they stay well confined?edit: Ooh I just noticed what you did with Chester at the entrance to the enclosure. Very clever!

Edited by helointernet

What I do is eat some monster meat until my sanity is around 35, the shadow monsters aren't fully visible at this level and won't hit me unless I hit them, but the bunnies are beardlings. Your sanity will go down after killing a lot of them, so eat a piece of taffy and monster meat as needed to keep it above 25, but under 40 and you are good to go. I usually have enough beard hair before Krampus shows, but he's easy anyway.

I was thinking of trying this method, but never got around to it (since I still enjoy playing as Wilson). One thing I was wondering though is if it works OK with the mobs-moving-through-walls-while-off-screen bug? Have you had any bunnies escape or do they stay well confined?edit: Ooh I just noticed what you did with Chester at the entrance to the enclosure. Very clever!

I still enjoy playing with Wilson as well. My old save is there waiting. I just want to try the updates first.No bunnies escaped.Finally found a job for Chester since he lost the seed collector one.Edit: [MENTION=8550]Avarice[/MENTION] I devised a new strategy that will take care of my previous mistakes. I will show when done. Edited by Avelarius

I started to do this, but then though you had to trap the rabbits first to then let them go into the rabbit pen, to then come back and get them later. Much easier to go boomerang hunting while at 30 something sanity - as long as you have a decent amount of rabbit holes to hunt (and a taffy in your pocket).

This gonna take a while so better reveal it already.My next evil plan is:

To change the walls to stone and to fill the enclosure with trees. Damn, just realized the beard will catch fire too and possibly the nightmare fuel as well. Then it will be as [MENTION=5551]_Q_[/MENTION] said: Chests and killing in a totally controlled environment.