Silk, Hair, and Spider Monkeys

Spider monkeys seem to drop more hair than silk (I wish it were the opposite because the lack of silk makes it harder to get a bird friend), so I'm not sure if there's anything up your sleeves for the final Hamlet, but it'd be nice to see more uses for hair other than meat effigies. I'm not sure what to do with the hair otherwise and I mostly just hope for silk when I'm hammering pots than dealing with those apes. 

2 hours ago, Charsis said:

@Zeklo you sure about that? But it's just jungle trees not cork ones, right? Then you need to replant them when you rarely get seeds, so silk still a huge problem!

It needs to be one of the webbed trees. I’ve found it challenging to chop them down without killing all the monkeys, but it can be done.

I guess not killing them would cut down on how much useless hair I acquire. It's difficult to get at those trees without interacting with the monkeys (especially when I'm playing Wendy, Abigail goes after them). 

On 29/10/2018 at 10:56 AM, Rellimarual said:

It needs to be one of the webbed trees. I’ve found it challenging to chop them down without killing all the monkeys, but it can be done.

The cocooned ones are just the jungle trees with different texture, so I was wondering if these could be replanted. Good source of early silk, not later on even if renewable, too rare.

25 minutes ago, Charsis said:

The cocooned ones are just the jungle trees with different texture, so I was wondering if these could be replanted. Good source of early silk, not later on even if renewable, too rare.

As soon as a cocooned tree is cut down a new one is immediately cocooned. So unless it runs out of trees there will constantly be the same amount. Just make sure to restore the tree population during lush season.

Archived