I was just wondering when Klei decided to make skins unweaveable?  Spouse was initially saving up spools to be able to weave the Elegant Birdcage (the purple 'webby' kind), and we came to find out that now, she can no longer weave it.   Also noticed that for certain things, you can't unweave them anymore, even if you have duplicates? 

And idea why they started doing it this way?

13 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

The Halloween Birdcage was never weavable, and there seems to be no plans on making previously unweavable things weavable. 

We specifically recall a time when it stated the amount of spools needed to weave it.   I watched her go through all other items that you can get in-game (regular t-shirts) as well and absolutely nothing is weaveable. 

29 minutes ago, coffee-and-cogs said:

Also noticed that for certain things, you can't unweave them anymore, even if you have duplicates? 

Not sure about the inability to unweave stuff, even duplicates? Can you give an example, cause that's not the case for me. 

duplicate.thumb.jpg.f9a602a249c02907f6e3d66f437639e3.jpg

29 minutes ago, coffee-and-cogs said:

I was just wondering when Klei decided to make skins unweaveable?  Spouse was initially saving up spools to be able to weave the Elegant Birdcage (the purple 'webby' kind), and we came to find out that now, she can no longer weave it.

As everyone else mentioned, it has always been that the event items are weavable during the event's duration, NOT those sold/purchased on the steam market. Such items are signified by an event icon in the top left of the item. There is also a new filter called "weavable filter" to see what items you can weave using spools.

weavable.thumb.jpg.762bc21f51982d7a3f56d182fc224506.jpg

Archived