Chlorine gas randomly spawning

In the magma biome,  I got random chlorine gas appearing in a room that is not connected to any possible place for chlorine to drift into.  in fact it has a water lock seal.   the only thing in the area are sour gas, oil, co2.   and somehow there's chlorine appearing.    nope did not pop any bleach stone tiles either.

I've had some small packets of chlorine showing up inside my living areas, down where the CO2 and O2 layer is.

There's no possible point where the chlorine could have come from, so it must have been spontaneously created

(or somehow slipped through the insulated walls around the perimeter of the base).

10 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

I've had some small packets of chlorine showing up inside my living areas, down where the CO2 and O2 layer is.

There's no possible point where the chlorine could have come from, so it must have been spontaneously created

(or somehow slipped through the insulated walls around the perimeter of the base).

I have had this happen when I wasn't careful storing coal

coal and bleachstone are both "consumable ore"

usually I have coal only but once I discover bleachstone for the first time any compactors that have coal selected will include bleachstone as well causing unwanted bleachstone to be brought into my base leaking small chlorine packets everywhere 

Thanks Tuck, but that's not it.  I have no bleachstone in the base (or any storage compactors other than the one for Eggs actually).

I've also started seeing individual packets of Natural Gas (no flatulent dupes in my base either).

Both the chlorine and the NG only appear in small individual packets and only after a load has occurred.

I even used debug mode to ensure that an otherwise empty room had only O2 and CO2 and then sealed it off.

After a load, there was a packet of NG in there (and the nearest NG is way off on the other side of my base, and sealed).

So definitely some sort of spontaneous generation occurring.

Archived