Live Chat with Developers

Hello,

I was wondering given the roadmap now shifted towards bug fixing, balance and just filling up necessary content, us testers of the early access version could be in in direct contact with the developers in a live chat session?

Suggestions, feedback and discussion is currently enormously diffused across hundreds of topics. I think it would be more viable to bring our ideas and concerns when in direct contact with the developers, especially now since the big lines of the game have been determined and most of us have quite a bit of feedback.

5 hours ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

.., especially now since the big lines of the game have been determined and most of us have quite a bit of feedback.

How should that work? 15min for each customer? Quick calculation for 14 mio sold copies/customers * 15 minutes = 145833,33 days ^^
They use twitch and you can live comment there.

Post your concerns, bugs, suggestions, exploits, theories, and designs in the relevant bug reporting, general discussion, and suggestions forums.

I'd rather the devs have a few people browsing the forums for our feedback than waste both theirs AND my time with a live chat. @Oozinator is correct, if grossly overestimating, that it would take an eternity to chat with everyone who wanted to.

If you want a roadmap, read the latest developer roadmap topic, it has what you asked for regarding the devs goals over the next few months. They'll probably give a new one soon, but I was satisfied with the current one.

33 minutes ago, crypticorb said:

Post your concerns, bugs, suggestions, exploits, theories, and designs in the relevant bug reporting, general discussion, and suggestions forums.

I'd rather the devs have a few people browsing the forums for our feedback than waste both theirs AND my time with a live chat. @Oozinator is correct, if grossly overestimating, that it would take an eternity to chat with everyone who wanted to.

If you want a roadmap, read the latest developer roadmap topic, it has what you asked for regarding the devs goals over the next few months. They'll probably give a new one soon, but I was satisfied with the current one.

Again, the 3 forums you mentioned have hundreds of topics. Information is so much diffused it would take a full day to siff through it all.

Not everyone has to attend a one hour or so live chat, just the people who want to. Usually the amount of information reach the developers directly is worth the while.

So please, don't lecture me on the usage of topics and don't lecture me on the roadmap. Quite unneeded. That's not what I am suggesting here.

I suggest democratically elected representatives to speak for the masses. There are those in the forums that are very knowledgeable about the game and understand balancing and gameplay.

We simply identify candidates via a nomination topic. Allow 7.5 weeks (end of first balance/bug fix cycle) for nominations, then add nominees to poll. I’m not sure how many choices can be added to a poll, hopefully it’s lots. Then give 1 week for votes and then the 5, 10, or however many, users with the highest votes earns the responsibility to interact/chat with the developers.

Question is, can we as members of the forum self organize this? Or is it going to all descend into chaos?

(Can’t tell if I’m being really serious or just really sarcastic)

26 minutes ago, yoakenashi said:

I suggest democratically elected representatives to speak for the masses. There are those in the forums that are very knowledgeable about the game and understand balancing and gameplay.

We simply identify candidates via a nomination topic. Allow 7.5 weeks (end of first balance/bug fix cycle) for nominations, then add nominees to poll. I’m not sure how many choices can be added to a poll, hopefully it’s lots. Then give 1 week for votes and then the 5, 10, or however many, users with the highest votes earns the responsibility to interact/chat with the developers.

Question is, can we as members of the forum self organize this? Or is it going to all descend into chaos?

You will always end up with people not able to attend. My personal opinion is that whoever wants to come, should come. The ones that can't attend, should contact somebody else to ask in their places their questions.

For the record, nothing is decided really. I'm merely proposing this. Ultimately if the developers don't see this being worthwhile, it will simply not happen. But yeah, I would like to see a bit closer interaction between the players who have been around for a long while and the developers. Really, those who have been around ever since early access and before, know this game through and through and should be considered a wealth of information for the developers.

26 minutes ago, yoakenashi said:

I feel it would devolve into this:

6 hours ago, TG pro said:

Warning! A recycled joke from about a month ago ahead! 

My grandma said, when i am sorry i sould say so, would be more "friendly",
but these days with social media(Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and some others(for example)), everyone wants to be socialized,
sometimes that feels like not much.
ikt.jpg.1438190e82becb4dddff3d7b4ec8cb88.jpg

image.png.2335a001a600fba4d834757dbb84677d.pngimage.png.830d5bbcc66dc75187b0a33c05d28e34.pngimage.png.e44b21ec7c401d8fc368ac28e7cde446.png2

15 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

My grandma said, when i am sorry i sould say so, would be more "friendly",
but these days with social media(Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and some others(for example)), everyone wants to be socialized,
sometimes that feels like not much.
ikt.jpg.1438190e82becb4dddff3d7b4ec8cb88.jpg

Archived