Using DST skins in DS (maybe via Wardrobe)

So.. DS Hamlet is here. Yeey! And we have civilized Victorian pigs. 2x Yey!

And there's nice housing (settlement with rooftop being an asked-for for quite some time now):

Hamlet_house

Cool right? Well beside the peasant-ish Fire Pit indoors but hey, at least is practical! (and doesn't get extinguished by trolly Guard Pig)

Nice and dandy; yet as in-tune with Victorian furniture-style goes, how cool would've been if all that was like so:

Complete_Victorian_Style_skins

Thus what I am basically proposing is the introduction in DS context (with the Hamlet release) of DST skins - aka being able to use your skins from the multiplayer (DST) in the single-player/base game (DS). Wouldn't that be neat?!

It could be done with the addition of Wardrobe or another similar-in-function item. You then can access your DST skin library and use, like in DST, what you want for the special occasion of whatever your fantasy tickles you creatively in the spur of the moment.

In the end call me a sucker for fashion and further customization, but not having my DST skins was a pretty big deterrent in me enjoying DS content in general (that feels quite a bit dated now with the old outfits and whatnot; also c'mon, they have to change sometimes even as survivors...no wonder Willow sneaks unrefreshers in poor Wolf's unitard, heh!).

I've bought so many skins for DST, but I tend to play DS more. I would love to be able to use all my skins in DS! And yeah, a fireplace would look much better than the fire pit. Your place is lovely! 

2 hours ago, Zeklo said:

I'm not really sure how steam works with this kind of thing since technically DS and DST have different inventories. Which might be a problem? Not really sure.

Steamworks API seems to hint that it's for the entire inventory.

I'll edit this post once I write a test program to see what it all queries back.

Keep getting a generic error with this function during its callback.  Odd.  I'll play with it more.

Yeah I'm not able to get it to return anything valid on my end.  I'm not sure why, everything else is working with it.

You still must play DST for weekly drops, skin drops in general. Not DS, as cosmetics are meant to differentiate players in the multiplayer. But if you have a DST skins inventory, you might be able to use said skins in your solo DS for visual diversity here as well. Thus my suggestion won't affect DST drops with anything, just a way to dress your character and use skin props in DS with already-yours items from DST inventory.

Archived