VR Duplicant Simulator 2.0

23 minutes ago, zergologist said:

Did the thing crash leaving you with what you had? Or did it happen that the files were corrupted?

no i just haven't had time to work with it

the main thing left to do at this point is hook all the animations up to the motion controllers properly and I can't test it without an Oculus which I don't have

I'm in the middle of a big project and finishing my degree right now so I'm not sure how much time I'll get to work on this. If I finish the project early I may have time to finish this before I'm completely done with school, but I'm not sure how I would be able to work on it after I'm out of school because no oculus to test with, no Maya licence (unless I buy one, and they're like $1000 or something), etc.

in the meantime if anyone wants to see if someone's posted a VR hand rigging tutorial somewhere or something about blendspaces or anything (for unreal) that would be great

4 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

You use Maya/Unreal? I thought you were using Blender to make/rig these dupes.

Good luck on your degree.

I use maya for all this. I could try learning to use Blender but I tend to have mental lapses when trying to get used to slightly different programs.

unfortunately it looks like I wont get a chance to test with the occulus before I'm out of school. Does anyone have a rift/Vive etc who would be willing to test the motion controllers when I get back on this project eventually? I dont have the money or the space to get one and dont think I can justify expensive equipment for a side project

On 4/16/2019 at 4:37 AM, MF99K said:

unfortunately it looks like I wont get a chance to test with the occulus before I'm out of school. Does anyone have a rift/Vive etc who would be willing to test the motion controllers when I get back on this project eventually? I dont have the money or the space to get one and dont think I can justify expensive equipment for a side project

i could test it out!

i have a reasonably fast pc, and an oculus.

12 hours ago, Weavilemeinfep said:

i could test it out!

i have a reasonably fast pc, and an oculus.

that would be great. if it does end up happening you'd need to instal unreal engine as well cause idk how to actually package it.

then again I'd also need to figure out an efficient way to send it to you 

realized I never posted a video of how broken the gravity physics are sometimes so I'm gonna see if i saved any videos previously and if not, it i can recreate helium Liam for yall.
maybe I'll even get motivated enough to actually try fixing this project again

Archived