Fish and Animal Traps are not needed

The fact that they require plastic makes me ignore them completely. I never ever built a single fish trap. And animal trap used to catch some slicksters only. Reasons are:

• They have a single use, you cannot reload them or salvage some plastic afterwards
  • It is vastly easier to grab an egg and hatch it, than to waste precious plastic on a trap
  • Only slicksters and morbs require a trap to be caught.

Morbs could be mass-produced by "outhouse farm", slicksters come way too late and at that point you can wait until wild one will lay an egg and hatch it. Fish have short lifespans and short egg laying time, so you can always grap an egg.

Should traps require refined metal, they could be more appealing for building and even then only slicksters is worth the effort. Anyway, current state of traps makes them not wort the effort.

Actually slicksters can be wrangled as well using a dropoff. This limits the trap to morbs.

IMO the traps should be reusable so they can be used like an automatic wrangling machine and then deconstructed for fa full refund.

I don't understand why are you complaining? The plastic is obtain whit drekos or petroleum if you don't want to use the drekos. Petroleum is extracted whit oil wheels so isn't a finite resources any more...Until now if you construct a steam engine or a high pressure vent, when you deconstruct it the plastic always vanish... if you want to relocate the creatures very fast, the traps is for you. If you can wait for the creature to lay an egg an then relocate the egg, it's ok eiter. Any one can play as he want. Plastic isn't a luxury finit resources like abbysalite, or raw metal. 

5 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Actually slicksters can be wrangled as well using a dropoff. This limits the trap to morbs.

IMO the traps should be reusable so they can be used like an automatic wrangling machine and then deconstructed for fa full refund.

Slicksters cannot be wrangled.  You need a critter trap.

11 minutes ago, greggbert said:

They can be wrangled if you enclose them in a room with a Criiter Dropoff set to 0 Max Critters.

This works for all critters except the Morbs.

23 minutes ago, greggbert said:

They can. I`ve been wrangling them for a while now. You just need a dropoff set to auto wrangle in the same room. You can wrangle shinebugs and puft the same way and it`s the only way to move a gassy moo once you get one from space.

4 minutes ago, AndreyKl said:

Untamed flying ones or morbs shouldn't be wranglable this way.

Morbs actually aren`t. I`d be ok if only tamed were wrangable but that leaves no way to relocate moos. Best thing would be if the lure allowed wrangling flyers instead and traps could be used continously.

Archived