[Suggestion] Remove the ability of allowing the pig guards to light fires

1 hour ago, JimmyThornseed said:

Fires in the hamlet usually aren't a big deal because the place is mostly clear. Maybe there just shouldn't be guard towers near grass fields like that....

I really like that the pig guards use torches to fight, plz don't remove it.

The problem is that pig guards even burn down houses because of said torches. When fighting another pig (who was trying to steal me, including), it lit a house on fire. At night. And the pig living on it was legit sleeping on the street as a result because of the guard accidentally putting everything on fire (even the gardens).

7 hours ago, Frigfrid said:

The problem is that pig guards even burn down houses because of said torches. When fighting another pig (who was trying to steal me, including), it lit a house on fire. At night. And the pig living on it was legit sleeping on the street as a result because of the guard accidentally putting everything on fire (even the gardens).

They repair houses though, so no permanent damage done. Nobody said pigs had to all be smart just because they were fancy.

On 10/16/2018 at 7:15 AM, JimmyThornseed said:

I really like that the pig guards use torches to fight, plz don't remove it.

griefer_pig-guard

Yes I love it too, is very fun to lose all your progress because GrieferHam there felt the need to smack something with a torch. Like with pubs and trolls, happy times: the passionate love between dry hemorrhoids and XXXL-size dildos, mmm-MMM!

The pigs could be tweaked to save the torches for actual dark instead of bringing them out for dusk, too. I think it's a fair compromise.

However.... Like everything else in Don't Starve, you have to remember the 6 'P's: Previous Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

While I agree that this is a pain in hemorrhoids, I play the entirety of Don't Starve on this principle. Think ahead when placing any base of operations. If you need help dealing with mobs, don't kite them into the village during dusk. Do I die to stupidity? All the time. I don't blame it on poor game design when it's a decision I could have made differently. There is no bug here, no major design flaw. It's the game doing exactly what the game was designed to do.

Archived