How to keep radiator in movement ?

I remember there was a way to keep the air inside a pipe circulating in a loop, I need it for my radiator between the Thermo Nullfier and the Electrolizer.

But the only way I know its an Air Pump in one side and Air Vent in the other side, both of them in the same place.

The loop will require at least 1 input and 1 output on the line to ensure a continuously running loop.  It is actually much more practical to do this now that we have the Storage structures.  Simply build 2 of them in your Nullifier room.  Ensure the loop passes through both of them.  After you have filled the loop, deconstruct the input line and watch it circle indefinitely without any power.

13 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

The loop will require at least 1 input and 1 output on the line to ensure a continuously running loop.  It is actually much more practical to do this now that we have the Storage structures.  Simply build 2 of them in your Nullifier room.  Ensure the loop passes through both of them.  After you have filled the loop, deconstruct the input line and watch it circle indefinitely without any power.

Very good idea, but why 2 Storage structures? Is not 1 enought

The simplest way to make a cooling/heating loop is to just make a loop with pipes, place 2 bridges somewhere on the loop (make sure the bridges are oriented so that they are pushing the material the same way) , cancel the pipe segment "under" the each of the 2 bridges, and finally use a bridge to fill the loop. 

If you want to get really fancy, you can use an in pipe temperature sensor controlling a shutoff valve to drain material that is now too warm/cold for cooling/heating purposes.

I don't think I'd ever use 2 reservoirs like PhailRaptor suggested, but i have used 1 in a few different types of loops, though mostly coolant loops on refineries... 

1 hour ago, PhailRaptor said:

Keeping the storage structures in the AETN room will also create a lot more thermal inertia for the system, as a moderately large mass will be sitting "idle" exposed to the cooling source.

reservoirs exchange heat with their environment very slowly so this won't be very effective 

3 hours ago, Neotuck said:

they don't loop if the input and output are connected by the same pipe, so you need to split them up

This sounds like an unverified hypothesis.

A single bridge can form a loop, it's unlikely that there is a special case for storage.

40 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

Does the container itself not interact with the environment?  Since they're made from Metals...

I ran a test using reservoirs made of thermium both are filled with water at 15C

One is sitting in a room with hydrogen at 125C and the other loops radiant pipes though a room at 125C

20181016032555_1.thumb.jpg.2281f68e9f6ec8098bb411abc32d3eb0.jpg20181016032709_1.thumb.jpg.32b94b6b070b47d217a91ab0c36d10a8.jpg

with in seconds the radiant pipes on the right broke and water leaked out from boiling, then the hydrogen cooled down to 16C

20181016032953_1.thumb.jpg.244cfb80eeb5d8fd7a87ddfacf329c16.jpg

the reservoir on the left hasn't changed, it's water is still 15C even though the reservoir it'self is over 107C

31.thumb.png.dc1808a65cdf57f08ac02f9d5d8c7b1a.png32.thumb.png.6aea8ad7d447c452ed6c7e2498f9b32e.png

48 minutes ago, Coolthulhu said:

You must have overfilled it then. The bridge needs at least one free tile of pipe (at its output).

Even overfilled can block 2 bridges, I don't remember why I had believed I needed 2 before but the important thing is I now know I only need one

thanks @Coolthulhu :D

Archived