Hamlet Beta Signups! [Now Closed]

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

I feel like this can backfire.

Ds/t biggest problem is that people get good at it and it becomes repetitive so they stop playing.

Jumping into a dlc not knowing anything will expand the time needed to learn how to play.

And because beta footage will be streamed/on youtube people who didn't get to play the beta will learn a thing or two so it'll be easier for them to learn how to play and therefore Hamlet might become repetitve faster 

Like a lot of things, if you search too many things outside of the game, instead of discovering yourself, you could remove some pleasure from the game. At the contrary, some players like all the reading of forums, wiki, and they are part of their pleasure.

This could backfire, as much as this could enhance the pleasure you'll get, as much as some trailers will spoil you the film and some will give you more pleasure because they prepare you to the experience.

It's important to find the right balance, and it's important that each of us know their own balance. The same is true for everyone that will have access to the beta : no one should ruin their fun by playing too much, searching tedious bugs repetitively, or playing all the part of the game even the one you don't find fun searching for bug, or forcing you to play if the game isn't in a funny state (frequent crashes). Reporting bugs is important of course, feedback are, but there is no point of ruining your experience because you want to be helpful, or because you want to play when the game isn't playable. All is in the balance.

For some people, avoiding the beta entirely could even be a better options, if they need a stable and balanced game to enjoy it.

1 hour ago, metallichydra said:

if i get chosen for beta testing, i'll play it, but if not, i doubt i will watch hamlet videos on youtube, because of this.ves

Good luck resisting the urge to watch them for basically 2 months cuz Hamlet's coming out in December

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:21 PM, JoeW said:

Do I get to keep the game?

The game will be removed from your library at the end of the beta. 

So I take it this means those who get chosen to participate in the beta don't get a free copy when the dlc is released? If so, it kinda sucks for those who can't really afford dlc's and all, but makes sense monetarily wise.

2 hours ago, roaya13 said:

THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wilson_love:

THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wilson_love:

are this game work on pc?????

only if you have the original don't starve on pc.

filthy 4 posts guy

Guys : You won't get Don't Starve as a game just for the beta , you need to have the original game purphased.

42 minutes ago, crystal_clodet said:

you cant translate its just a beta for fixing bugs

Well, actually I can create localization mod since our DST localization team asked many times to create(update) one for Don't Starve: Hamlet by russian fans of the game
Will be very helpful to have beta access for this purpouse, so we could have time to tinker with it before DLC realease

39 minutes ago, Hunger Artist said:

Well, actually I can create localization mod since our DST localization team asked many times to create(update) one for Don't Starve: Hamlet by russian fans of the game
Will be very helpful to have beta access for this purpouse, so we could have time to tinker with it before DLC realease

*have stuff from beta

*localize

*find out everything has been broken after the og release / changed actual names / actual strings are just Wilson's ( that's when you are missing strings , the characters use the wilsons strings. )

* cry until you cried your tears back into yourself

*???

*no profit

2 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

*localize

*find out everything has been broken after the og release / changed actual names / actual strings are just Wilson's ( that's when you are missing strings , the characters use the wilsons strings. )

* cry until you cried your tears back into yourself

*???

*no profit

Doing this for every DST update

3 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

*have stuff from beta

Beta than nothing

Archived