The Perfect Space Setup ?

Been working on this for a while and am finally happy with it. Hopefully with the new update, I will be able to add some more logic to completely automate the launch and landing of rockets through this design as well.

Bottom row of doors function as glass / mesh tiles, but glass gives you a bit of a light penalty and mesh tiles should probably not work at all which is why I did it this way.

Automation relies on detecting the start & end of meteor showers and not on long delays. That way I can easily make the design bigger or smaller and it can handle back to back meteor showers etc..

The telescope does not overheat because I am opening the doors early enough that no regolith or iron gets stuck on the doors at all. 

What should I do with all the regolith?

I can obviously easily sort it from the iron but I am not sure what to use it for.

1. Can get some clay and that way coal out of it but I really have no use for that.
  2. Can smelt it but also do not really need igneous rock.
  3. Can use the heat for something, but I got two volcanoes so really no need.

Maybe you guys got some ideas??? 

Automation

My Oxygen Not Included Let's Play: Playlist

5 hours ago, Mullematsch said:

Been working on this for a while and am finally happy with it. Hopefully with the new update, I will be able to add some more logic to completely automate the launch and landing of rockets through this design as well.

Bottom row of doors function as glass / mesh tiles, but glass gives you a bit of a light penalty and mesh tiles should probably not work at all which is why I did it this way.

Automation relies on detecting the start & end of meteor showers and not on long delays. That way I can easily make the design bigger or smaller and it can handle back to back meteor showers etc..

The telescope does not overheat because I am opening the doors early enough that no regolith or iron gets stuck on the doors at all. 

What should I do with all the regolith?

I can obviously easily sort it from the iron but I am not sure what do use it for.

1. Can get some clay and that way coal out of it but I really have no use for that.
  2. Can smelt it but also do not really need igneous rock.
  3. Can use the heat for something, but I got two volcanoes so really no need.

My Oxygen Not Included Let's Play: Playlist

Really cool setup.  What are your automation setup look like. 

just noticing your solar panels on the left aren't running. are they not hooked up.

Seems like most of the time you've got closed doors(mechanical ones)   do you get enough sun ?

Now I am building the conveyor to go from top to bottom lava area. My goal is to move using similar design regolith to one corner... drop it in the lava area, then send it whit the conveyor to smelt it in a pool of lava, then when the lava reach 1410 degrees elevate the lava to the vacuum area and dispose it.  It will be the regolith magmaficator.

I can do it faster in sandbox mode...but i prefer survival mode...

1 hour ago, RonEmpire said:

Really cool setup.  What are your automation setup look like. 

just noticing your solar panels on the left aren't running. are they not hooked up.

Seems like most of the time you've got closed doors(mechanical ones)   do you get enough sun ?

Ghetto video of the automation, not optimized at all, could be more compact. Timing, I am still playing around with since I play in super speed and the more my world lags, the more I need to increase delays. 

Not sure what is wrong with the solar panels. They are all connected and the ones on the left are also producing power. Seems to be a visual glitch.

Panels are for sure getting a decent amount of sun. All the doors are always open except 200 seconds before a meteor shower they close until it is over. Should be possible to delay it a bit to improve power production but I have not bothered since I am basically permanently "wasting" natural gas for polluted water. 

1 hour ago, tzionut said:

Now I am building the conveyor to go from top to bottom lava area. My goal is to move using similar design regolith to one corner... drop it in the lava area, then send it whit the conveyor to smelt it in a pool of lava, then when the lava reach 1410 degrees elevate the lava to the vacuum area and dispose it.  It will be the regolith magmaficator.

I can do it faster in sandbox mode...but i prefer survival mode...

Besides feeding clay to hatches this is probably your best bet. I do have a magma volcano as well which I really have no use for currently, might try to make some magic happen with that. :) 

11 minutes ago, GrindThisGame said:

I think the perfect setup is a row of bunker tiles at the top of space and nothing more :)

But my free iron... :D

Would be fine if you could set up stuff like this and not be worried about blowing up your PC if you take on one more duplicant but with a bit more optimization it is pretty nice in my opinion! 

1 minute ago, RonEmpire said:

Looking forward to your automation on the melting of the regolith

Maybe in a week or two from now .

First I gotta finish all my current projects and then get to the "what to do with all the regolith" project. ;) 

Looking forward to your automation on the melting of the regolith

You have here how to smelt the regolith.. the hard version (whit sweep arm) and the easy and faster method.. whit receiver submerged in lava...

In my build i will make only the second version. Is more good and doesn't need any supervision. 

Archived